Do you have a personality disorder?

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by Magical Realist, Jan 3, 2015.

1. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

According to this article, there are 10 personality disorders. Ten distinct "types" of persons who can be classified as disordered and somehow damaged. Which applies to you? I find every one I read a blistering conviction of some aspect of me under varying circumstances. Socially avoidant? Sure..Paranoid and distrustful? Only in crowds.. Histrionic and narcissistic? Only when I don't get my way... Mystically inclined? Only on my good days. See how you fit into psychology's official list of the "10 Most Wanted"..

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/hide-and-seek/201205/the-10-personality-disorders

"Before going on to characterize these ten personality disorders, it is important to remember that they are more the product of historical observation than of scientific study, and thus that they are rather vague and imprecise concepts. For this reason, they rarely present in their pure ‘textbook’ form, and have a marked tendency to blur into one another. Their division into three clusters (A, B, and C) in DSM-IV is intended to reflect this tendency, with a given personality disorder most likely to blur with other personality disorders within its own cluster."

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

I already know that I'm in need of help but I'm getting the help I need taking meds, seeing a therapist and making grunting noises.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

I do have a personality disorder. It is a wife. She's been on the payroll for some time, though, so I don't expect any changes anytime soon. Or, ever.

joepistole likes this.
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

I dont know of anybody who i thank is more sane than me... an here at the forum... thers about 6 people who i consider my equal in saneness.!!!