Do you believe in Dinosaurs ?

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by jpappl, Jul 16, 2009.

1. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

yes, i think it's a sexual inuendo. ha, ha, ha, ha...

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Enmos Valued Senior Member

lol

By the way, did you post 155 ?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

i did read it, but i'm going to have to tackle that a little later. i have some work to do. bleh...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Ok, I'll check back later.
    Have fun

8. Bishadi Banned Banned

not a once have i ever asked one person to do anything but be honest.

the contradiction is you darlin; not a once have i asked for anything from anyone except to be fair, be honest and perhaps teach the good to the next generations

what nifty language? are you talking about the word "entanglement"? It is a term used in science to share a property of light.

better than, "god talks to me, i know it and you should believe it.....it changed my life but i still don't like it, but god told me, so i just accept it and not your nifty language'

i experience and i seek to understand what i am experiencing; so i learn and have since a kid

i saw a war between the black(s) (red (bloods and crips) blue).... after that i had an experience in the sense of submission, that i would learn over the course of my life and then share, so that no child ever has to grow up not comprehending what life is, every again.

i asked for ONE thing; "to understand" and made a 'covanant' that i would work until 40 and then return everything i am, to make sure for the rest of my life, i give back; in thanks for being alive. I did not ask to save my ass, i did not ask for anything for me; i said thanks and then had an idea

that "light" is the life of mass

and have proven it in every level there is; math, science, theology, philosophy; from the basics to the most advanced; from gravity to consciousness

and i tell you NOW: there is ONLY ONE WAY it all works! (that aint an opinion or i would not say such a thing)

because i was pointing out in the typical HAMMER fashion; what your ill regard is and why it is wrong.

you hate me for being just that; a hammer!

darlin, for thousands of years people have written some pretty nasty shit about some dude who turns this taco stand upside down

as in reality the 'name holder' does not just return man to nature (communion/reunion/revealing) but people who claims magic and fib to defend BS, will be 'hammered' into the ground

eg.... notice it is not me, being mean; it is your own conscious and reality (the boss) imposing on you like the liar liar you are (kicking your own ass)

you are your own enemy darlin!

9. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

no, you don't throw your life away to see, and you don't throw it away at all really. to be open to the possibility, and the potential consequences. when i say that you give up your life, i mean that there's an inherent submission that takes place when you realize what and/or who you're dealing with. there is also the fact that our flesh conflicts with this communion. the ego, our emotions, our intellect...none of these things foster communion, and in a lot of ways, can inhibit it. those things are yours, and you can use them in conjunction, but they are often times in conflict with communion, and with a submission to something greater than you, even if that which is greater than you is acting in your best interest.

but ultimately, you find your REAL self in god. yourself minus all of the lies that you're told by society and parents and even those you tell yourself. it's very liberating, and non-conformist. it's freedom.

yes.

yes they are and they're common. that's why kids act out. for crap's sake, you can't even enroll a kid in school nowadays unless they're on some kind of drug.

and yes i have and do enjoy the beauty of life. that is why i've always been so disappointed in the things that are wrong with humanity. see?

hm...isn't that what atheists are always bitching about? lack of scientific method in regards to an interaction with god? interesting.

i absolutely concur with you. something inherent actually. i'm so glad we agree.

no he doesn't. he gives me peace amidst my discontent and empowers me. and this is why. because there is power in our desire and in our thoughts. they are prayers. and if everyone is content with what we have now, things will never change. someone has to take a stand and demand the change. it is this interaction that causes our will to be in line with god's and vice versa.

perfection...eternal life. no sickness, suffering, or death.

i actually love humanity. i just hate what's wrong with it.

no, i just feel really empowered and protected, and i feel love.

yes. those of us who want it, will make it happen with god's help.

well, i suppose if a woman ever aborts your baby, that will be a very convenient perspective for you to have.

it's cool.

10. Enmos Valued Senior Member

So being open to the possibility is enough. I'm still left wondering why he hasn't contacted me..
    Or perhaps it's because my flesh ? I really didn't get that part..
    God made us like this, right.. ?

Hmm I don't know... lol
    I'm having far less trouble seeing it the other way around; finding the real god in yourself.

What ? That's just not true.. not where I live.

Humanity IS the wrong. I wonder what excuse your god has for making us.

I don't think I get what you're saying here. Rephrase ?

I don't think you understood what I meant. I called you out on being human-centric.
    If people actually cared about Life (notice the capital L) instead of being so self- and human-centered there wouldn't be any problems.

I don't understand how anyone can be at peace with something they are discontent with (hate even).
    Besides, god causes all this to happen. Are you saying that he's discontented about it as well ? I mean, you are implying that he wants us to make change.

None of that is ever going to happen.
    And thank god for that

ERROR !
    Humanity is what it is. What you think is wrong with humanity is inherent to humanity.
    What you love is how you want humanity to be. A pipe dream.

Sounds like escapism to me..

What if he hasn't contacted you and you still want to contribute ?

I suppose so..
    But, I'm not going to any babies.

Edit:
    A small correction.

I replied to that:
    I should have added that perfection is subjective. It doesn't really exist.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2009
  11. Bebelina kospla.com Valued Senior Member

No, they're all liars.

12. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Who, the dinosaurs ? lol

13. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

Roflmao. That's belly laugh #2 for the day. Feels good. Thanks.

14. Bells Staff Member

No. I would imagine she hates you because you are a higher than thou, sanctimonious and judgemental arsehole who seeks to lay abuse and judge others for things he knows or understands little about in the personal lives of others.

Sciforums is not your pulpit Friar Twit. If you seek to reign down the judgement of heaven onto the heads of people, there are other avenues open to you (they will even provide you with a microphone and brainless plebs who will 'praise the lawrd' at your every word). Go there.

15. scifes In withdrawal. Valued Senior Member

i believe i believe, now what?

16. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

well, you know how the story goes. he didn't make us this way, but we chose to know good and evil, so he allowed us to know, and now we do. it's great isn't it? lol. no, it really is in a twisted way. i wouldn't feel right about being an ignorant puppet. i like understanding why things are the way things are, and having the realization that things don't have to be this way forever.

and yeah, our flesh is the barrier, but he can break through. if you want god to enmos, god will. i swear i know that. just hang tight. the time will be right sometime.

i have great expectations for you enmos. i like your perception, and you seem very sincere. one day, the way you see things, and why you see things the way you do, will make sense, and you'll feel a lot better.

it goes both ways. god's in all of us, and we're all a part of god.

it is unfortunately where i live. all the adults are on antidepressants and all the kids are on ridillin. what don't we have a pill or a procedure for nowadays anyway? and yet according to all these drugged up miserable people, everything's just peachy. our society is a fucking joke.

i think you see things exactly as they are, and that's good.

well, if those who claim to know god, and have experienced him individually, all attest to a similar process and experience with him, and attest to the same type of development or understanding, or results, then isn't that what the scientific method is all about?

yeah so, the question is...what the hell is wrong with everybody?

if you understand a reason for even the bad things, that understanding, even if you abhor the bad things, can bring you peace. and yeah, when our will aligns with god's will, it changes things for us. thy kingdom come, thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.

so you complain about the ills of humanity, but you don't want a correction? why not?

it's not a pipe dream. if you can see why humanity is the way it is, ie fucked up, then you can see the possibility of a solution. if you deny that there is anything wrong in the first place, you'll never see a solution.

and that opinion sounds arbitrary to me.

we talked about in another thread how god moves through all of us, whether we're aware of it or not.

why not?

perfection is not subjective. it's like math. it's according to law which is not subjective.

17. Enmos Valued Senior Member

You're just confirming that he made us the way we are. The way he made us determines the outcome of knowing good from evil, and he allowed us to know that. He knew how things would turn out.

Yes, you would. You'd be none the wiser.

You think you understand why things are the way they are..
    And what things, specifically ?

I don't understand how he can expect us to 'hang tight' for god knows how long without having a clear idea of why we're even doing it.
    Is it really too much trouble to respond a bit more quickly ?

I think god wouldn't like me too much though

I like to think I'm doing alright in that respect, for the most part.

And some of those people have been diagnosed as being mentally ill, having psychotic delusions, hallucinations, etc.

We do too well.

So is god discontented with humans or any aspects of humanity ?
    If so, why and what is he going to do about (or why isn't he going to do anything about ?) ?

What is the point of trying to correct something that is fundamentally flawed ? Why try to repair the irreparable ?
    The only solution I see is to dramatically reduce the human population.

I already know the 'solution'.

Amidst chaos, hurt and suffering you turn to god and feel "really empowered and protected" and you feel love.
    That definitely sounds like escapism (at least from my point of view).
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Escapism
    http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/escapism

You can't expect me to belief that just because you say so.

Seriously ? That's one thing that's wrong with humanity, they 'fuck like rabbits'. The human population went through an immense explosion of growth the last two hundred years or so. It's not sustainable and, in my opinion, the sheer size of the human population is clearly cause of all our problems today.

Then you are using a very different definition of 'perfection' than I am using.

18. jpappl Valued Senior Member

You believe in dinosaurs. You believe in evolution.

If your serious then it's time to examine your religious text for what it is. Which is not the word of god.

Another way, believe in god if you want, believe god created the dinosaurs and uses evolution as the process for making changes to all of it's creations.

But stop believing in your religion because you can't believe in dinosaurs and evolution and your religious text. They are at odds with each other.

19. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

no they're not jpappl.

20. jpappl Valued Senior Member

Yes they are.

Which is where I want the conversation. Away from god, and on to the basis for the belief.

So Lori, tell me why they are not at odds, what does the story of creation in the bible or the koran say about how we came to be.

How is that not at odds with evolution and the discovery of dinosaurs.

21. scifes In withdrawal. Valued Senior Member

they're not

sorry to have your whole point brought down, but at least you learned something new.

22. scifes In withdrawal. Valued Senior Member

although the question should be; why are they at odds?

but i'll help you a bit.

the quran mentions no thousands of years or millions or nothing.

also dinosaurs were not mentioned either.

no way Jose are there any odds.

23. jpappl Valued Senior Member

So you don't believe in dinosaurs then.