Do you "believe" in aliens?

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by moody1123, Sep 6, 1999.

1. Lori Registered Senior Member

Eric,

If you will notice, I wasn't addressing you. And I know more about Flash than you think I do, so can it. Also, did I hear you say that these aliens are from a different dimension, by chance? That's why we can't see them, right? Yea, that's exactly what it says in the Bible too. How ironic that you are supporting my ideas. HA.

By the way, the only reason I irritate you so much is because you abhor the thought of judgement. Don't blame me. I have just as much of a right to be here as anyone. You're being prejudice. So, you hate Christians, do you hate gays, and blacks, and women, and Buddists too, or just Christians?

Flash,

I was smiling until someone I thought was a friend told me that I had my head stuck up someone's ass that I don't even know. So you can keep your fucking advice.

Love,

The irritating tick

------------------
    God loves you and so do I!

[This message has been edited by Lori (edited September 10, 1999).]

[This message has been edited by Lori (edited September 10, 1999).]

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Flash Registered Senior Member

Lori,
    This jerk IS your friend. I know what I
    said was totally uncalled for..and I am sorry.

Eric,
    Yeah.. Lori does know a lot about me..a lot
    about ..well everything about what I have
    told you. I was being a jerk to Lori.. so
    she had every right. Please don't blame her.. she's still cool.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Flash Registered Senior Member

Eric,
    Hey..tried to e-mail you but it says your
    address is not recognized...help me buddy!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Flash Registered Senior Member

Xeno,
    Ok, so why are you not open-minded to this??
    Just curious? What about others who have
    experienced ufo sightings, alien abductions,
    ect...?? Not everyone would make shit up
    ya know... despite what others may think.

8. H-kon Registered Senior Member

Usually where i come from. We greet new people, but it is not the case here i see..

Joyce - Welcome to exosci, hope you enjoy your stay and bring your friends too.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Lori : I just have to make a little comment.

I am not as often here as i used to be, but when i read one of your posts, why are you always calling people names? tell them how stupid they are and stuff?

I can't recall a post where you actually wrote something positive..
    read your posts, then you will see what i mean.

I know you have your own theories about stuff, but heck. so do I so why the anger?

Best
    Haakon aka H-kon

9. faerieshaman killer of terrorists Registered Senior Member

Flash its still faerieshaman@yahoo.com. Welcome Joyce interject with us of your experiences iam eager to hear more.

------------------
    Eric Cooper

10. Joyce Registered Member

Hi all

Thanks for welcoming me.

The first time I seen a ufo was a few years ago when my sister, daughter and I were travelling in Alberta. It was daylight and we seen a large light in the sky and a smaller light under it. After a couple of minutes they vanished. Then a couple of years later my daughter and I were out biking and we both seen a silver oval shaped object in the sky. After 20 seconds it vanished.

One day I was home alone and I was about to do my housework and I looked at the clock and the time was 1:30 pm and a second later I looked at the clock again and it was 3:00 pm.
    I thought to myself, was I just standing in the same spot for 1 1/2 hours and not remember. Then about a month later my kids and I were going shopping in another town which is 1 hour away and it took 2 hours to get there. I drove about a mile and the next thing I remember I was 20 miles out of town.
    I don't remember driving 19 miles of the trip. I never said anything to my kids I just kept on driving.

One evening I woke up and there were 5 small figures about 6 feet away from me, I thought I was dreaming and I closed my eyes for awhile and looked again and they were still there. So, I closed my eyes and stuck my face in the pillow thinking to myself, I wished they would go away. After a few minutes I looked and they were gone. I don't know if I was dreaming or if it was real.

Dazed and Confused for the last 7 years.

11. Blacktubby Registered Senior Member

I have seen several postings about these mysterious "implants" in this thread, and am curious. Where are these implants now? Which scientists have declared them to be of alien origin? What materials are they composed of, and who did the analysis?

Blacktubby

"Reality has a way of catching up with you, the way the ground catches up with an airplane that runs out of fuel."

12. Alien Registered Senior Member

Blacktubby,

Some implants are in private hands,some held at institutions. I don't think all are hoaxes like I don't think all abductees are fruitcakes or making up stories.Few skeptics truely research this subject. I did not care to much for your quote so I have one to add:

"Skeptics also have a way of hiding from reality: the way ostriches put thier
    head in the sand-they can't hear or see
    they can just feel teeth when they get bit in the ass."

13. truestory Registered Senior Member

Having been one of those privileged to have had an experience with aliens, I most definitely believe.

14. Blacktubby Registered Senior Member

Blacktubby,

>Some implants are in private hands,some held at institutions.
    ---------
    Hey, great! Which institutions? And *who* did determine their extraterrestrial origins? I'm actually surprised believers do not mention such things more frequently, as such substantial evidence is otherwise nonexistent. Tell me more. I'm willing to listen although it won't hold my breath in anticipation of the ultimate proof of alien abductions.
    --------
    >I don't think all are hoaxes like I don't think all abductees are fruitcakes or making up stories.
    --------
    Of course not. I think most are simply misinterpretations of natural occurrences.
    --------
    >Few skeptics truely research this subject.
    --------
    It is impossible to research every crackpot claim. And those that have been subjected to the scrutiny of scientist usually turn out to be something other then UFO's. And the rest of them (1% or so if I can recall) are unexplained. This of course is taken by many people and twisted to mean that 1% of UFO sightings are actually flying saucers. From what I understand, these are often unexplained simply because there is not enough evidence to make a determination. (BTW. The most famous of the unexplained footage etc. usually turn out to be clever hoaxes later on.)

Naturally this will all change with the discovery of extraterrestrial technologies wich are undeniably alien in origin. We now have PROOF that they are here!

Don't we?
    ----------
    >I did not care to much for your quote
    ----------
    Why not?
    ----------
    >"Skeptics also have a way of hiding from reality: the way ostriches put thier head in the sand-they can't hear or see they can just feel teeth when they get bit in the ass."
    ----------
    What is your definition of a skeptic?

Blacktubby

"Reality has a way of catching up with you, the way the ground catches up with an airplane that runs out of fuel."

15. truestory Registered Senior Member

Some say reality bites. I say it excites. I'll take real-life experiences and true stories over fiction anytime!

------------------
    Have a great day!

16. Blacktubby Registered Senior Member

>Some say reality bites. I say it excites. I'll take real-life experiences and true stories over fiction anytime!
    ------------

This is that same "truestory" who was abducted by little men right? They even made your bed as I recall. Nice guys, but sounds a lot like a combination of childhood imaginary friends and "recovered" memories.

Learn to differentiate between fact and fiction and THEN choose your favorite.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

17. truestory Registered Senior Member

Definition of a skeptic:

Look inward, Blacktubby.

18. Blacktubby Registered Senior Member

>Definition of a skeptic:

Look inward, Blacktubby.
    --------

Begin looking inwards...
    OH THE DARKNESS! IT'S HORRIBLE! Must repress memories of this introspection.
    End meditation.
    (Truestory, I *was* joking. Don't take my little jabs to heart. At the same time, I stand by what I said although I didn't mean it to sound quite as cruel as it did.)

Truestory, about your answer. I find it rather vauge. I know what a skeptic is, I am merely curious as to what alien's (for that matter your own) definition of a skeptic is.

Blacktubby

"I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him."
    -Mark Twain

19. truestory Registered Senior Member

Blacktubby,

Thanks for the attempted pep-talk. However, it wasn't necessary. You see, I have no heart. The alien's took it from my body when I was on the examining table. Oh, no, wait a minute... That's fiction! Sorry, I'll try harder next time. This differentiation is tough!

Anyhow... A skeptic is one who doubts out of habit, a disbeliever. In my lifetime, thus far, I have found that MOST skeptics are also pessimists. This seems to correlate to MOST skeptics' disbelief in God.

20. Alien Registered Senior Member

Blacktubby,
    I guess your a debunker.I made
    that assertion after reading your reply to truestory. My definition of a skeptic,
    don't get me wrong you need to doubt many things in this field, is one who passionately objects to all the stories,
    circumstantial evidence of UFO events,
    and refuses to believe even if a alien
    disc landed in front of them. A debunker
    is just a professional skeptic. Have you ever thought of looking into the subject or are you going to keep listening to what the media tells you? Why don't
    you look into studies done about the media over the years by leading universities concerning thier research
    and reporting. By the way, I talked to a few people who were skeptics until they had an experience of thier own and
    now they sing a different tune.

" You can not teach a man anything you can only help him find it within himself"
    Galileo

21. Blacktubby Registered Senior Member

>Blacktubby,

I guess your a debunker.I made that assertion after reading your reply to truestory. My definition of a skeptic, don't get me wrong you need to doubt many things in this field, is one who passionately objects to all the stories, circumstantial evidence of UFO events, and refuses to believe even if a alien disc landed in front of them.
    --------------

A garbage can lid is flung and a photo is taken. The skeptic says that it is a garbage can lid, the non-skeptic says that it is a saucer of clearly alien origin.

Skeptic's doubt because of the evidence, not in spite of it. The kind of evidence in my example, however abundant, is simply not enough to convince me.

----------------
    >A debunker is just a professional skeptic.
    ----------------

I am by no means a professional. My interest in the paranormal is more of a hobby.

----------------
    >Have you ever thought of looking into the subject or are you going to keep listening to what the media tells you?
    ----------------

From what I have seen of the media it seems very paranormal, (and quack) friendly.

----------------
    >Why don't you look into studies done about the media over the years by leading universities concerning thier research and reporting. By the way, I talked to a few people who were skeptics until they had an experience of thier own and now they sing a different tune.
    ----------------

Perhaps those skeptics were of the breed you previously described.

Blacktubby,

22. Alien Registered Senior Member

Blacktubby,

You do not need to tell me that the paranormal is just a hobby for you I already knew that. Have you thought of taking up arts and crafts instead of
    harassing those who want to tell their
    stories of encounters with the unknown?
    You will never find the answer to anything if your not willing to look.

Alien

23. Boris Senior Member Registered Senior Member

But the answer does not necessarily have to be in the affirmative, whatever the question may be.

------------------
    I am; therefore I think.