Do you as a man have a sexual need for other men

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by spuriousmonkey, Jan 31, 2006.

?

Do you as a man have a sexual need for other men

1. Yes, all the time

9 vote(s)
    9.7%
  2. Yes, sometimes

9 vote(s)
    9.7%
  3. no, never

67 vote(s)
    72.0%
  4. I'm not a man.

8 vote(s)
    8.6%
  1. hug-a-tree Live the life Registered Senior Member

I really don't believe that all men want to have sex with other men. There are some guys that won't even hug other guys!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

Do they have to make do with trees?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

The poll says that most men do not have a sexual need for other men. Can we assume that sciforumers aren't especially more heterosexual than a typical segment of the population?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. leopold Valued Senior Member

did we really need a poll to determine that?

i mean look around, do you see 95% of men grabbing each others ass?

somebody said that buddha is recruiting, i think they're right.

8. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

I don't think you could get it past peer review at a reputable journal, even though we know its the truth.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

9. Buddha1 Registered Senior Member

A SMALL GLIMPSE OF PRESSURES ON MEN TO BE HETEROSEXUAL --- I.E. TO EXAGGERATE THEIR SEXUAL NEED FOR WOMEN AND TO SUPPRESS THEIR SEXUAL NEED FOR MEN

AND A LOOK AT ONE OF ITS METHODOLOGY

Sherwood Anderson (writer/ novelist)

This conflict - the feeling that to admire a woman as beautiful seemed inevitably to invite the debasement of that beauty by man's sexual desires - turned Anderson to male friendships as an outlet for his need for spiritual communication. Anderson would have liked to think that this outlet precluded the possibility of sexuality.

He tells the story of his first boyhood friend, Jim Moore, with whom he would go into the woods, "undress, play in the creek, and run naked among the trees" (19). On one occasion, however, when they were discovered by a man, they hid in the bushes, forced to lie with their bodies close together to avoid detection.

Anderson said later that after the man passed they felt strange and put their clothes on and immediately turned their conversation to a boy they knew who had taken a girl into a barn and had sex with her. Both Anderson and Jim Moore instinctively felt that their awakened physical sensations had to be shifted from themselves - where it was unthinkable - to the "more natural" outlet of a boy with a girl, a man with a woman.

They continued to discuss heterosexual love - more, Anderson said, than they really wanted to - all the time feeling increasingly uncomfortable in doing so, but both driven to do so because of the feeling that they must deny any possibility of homosexual attraction. They thus had to make women bear the burden of physical sexuality and thereby maintain in the purely masculine relationship a communication that would not be sullied by sexuality. It was as though with men, Anderson hoped, man could maintain a spiritual relationship that he desired with his mother and with Woman in the abstract.

10. Buddha1 Registered Senior Member

one reason that men will click on 'no' in a poll that asks them if they have a sexual interest in men --- despite their same-sex needs that they are aware of --- is to strengthen their 'heterosexual' identity psychologically by tightering their psycholgocial lid on such feelings by such an action.

Of course a socially acceptable way to express such feelings that does not threaten their 'heterosexual' identity will be quite acceptable to them --- e.g. stripping a boy and watching him masturbate in their front --- because after all they are just showing their "dominance'. Or like a poster Roman put it to 'fuck' a fag to denigrate him or to have him suck your dick. All these do not threaten a person's 'heterosexual' identity and do not count socially as a sexual need for another man!

11. Buddha1 Registered Senior Member

Don't be too hasty in giving your views, I'm not through with my evidences as yet.

Women are in any case not likely to know the truth. They only know what men show them of themselves. Besides women don't understand the issues of 'social masculinity' and how deeply it affects the behaviour of men.
    Let me assure you those are the guys who are really scared about their same-sex feelings getting out --- and them being caught......because they are having trouble keeping their strong same-sex feelings repressed. I have met incidences like that in my counselling cases.

Besides, all men act extra rude to men, and avoid a situation that can bring out their same-sex feelings when they find themselves with a sexual interest in the other man.

you must understand that in matters like this:

What a man says and does is often not what is going on inside him.

Be suspicious if the man seems overly interested in women or overly disinterested in men.

I mean how many gay guys do you know that are repulsed by hugging a woman. That's not real.

And on the contrary does it mean that everyone that doesn't hate hugging (or let's say kissing men like in Russia) have some sexual need for other men?

12. Mosheh Thezion Registered Senior Member

I Cant Help But Think... That Buddha1 Is Gay.....

Is That A Fair Guess?

-mt

13. Buddha1 Registered Senior Member

Well at least I'm not a wimp like you! That's a fair guess. You forgot your picture that I posted in the othre thread.

14. Mosheh Thezion Registered Senior Member

AH HA.. YOU HAVE ADMITTED IT.. and you clearly are promoting it.

why?? why?? why??

isnt gay tv shows and yearly gay pride parades enough???

seriously... gays arent suppressed any longer.. you are free...

there is no need to convince the world that your way is ok and good, and natural.

the western world has already accepted you.

-MT
    AND WHAT PICTURE?

15. hug-a-tree Live the life Registered Senior Member

Sorry, what?

16. hug-a-tree Live the life Registered Senior Member

I agree that there are some guys who are gay and they're affriad people will find them out since they may not execpt them for who they are. And some of the time the person can't even execpt themself. They may try to keep there feelings hidden by not touching men what-so-ever; like not even a hand shake (that's a bit over the top, just an example though).
    I don't think all guys need men too sleep with. I know some guys who only sleep with people they love. Not only are they not sleeping with people that are the same sex as them but they are so in love that they are content with their partner. Some people can be content with one person of the opposite sex, believe it or not. I understand with you having same sex crushes you may not understand how straight men can bare to go without another guy. I'm sure there is a good number of gay men who think that way, and lesbians of course. And for some straight people it can be difficult to understand how someone could like someone of the same sex.
    For me though, it's fine either way. I only want to have sexual relationships with men, but I'm not going to go insane if I see two men together. Whatever floats you boat.

17. Fafnir665 You just got served. Registered Senior Member

18. Buddha1 Registered Senior Member

Yes, apart from all the stereotypes you have regarding straight men,......I really wouldn't want to blow your bubble here.......a lot of women will be aghast at leaving the 'sexual' attention and the accompanying power over men that the 'straight' identity brings......and actually even if they were really unbiased they would not have any way to know apart from what straight men tell them.

A female friend of mine who had difficulty understanding my concepts talked to this pscyhologist boyfriend of his (who advised gay me the 'rubber band therapy' to cure them!) if he has any sexual need for other men and surprisingly he accepted that he had 30% interest (that's really unusual!)

But I know scores of women who think their husbands who love them so dearly --- there is no way they can have any feelings for men --- but will be surprised if they were to find out.

19. Buddha1 Registered Senior Member

And hug-a-tree you are a nice girl and i like u. Just stop calling me gay!

20. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

You're gay.

21. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

I am merely cheerful.

22. Buddha1 Registered Senior Member

You're a fucking queen, now shut up and go to your wife, she is waiting for you to turn up in your dress so she can hit you with the hunter while she fucks you hard.

23. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

that bloody fucking fourth option is fucking up the poll.