Do we have a GOD gene?

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by Theoryofrelativity, Aug 9, 2006.

?

I have read the links and

1. believe there may be a 'God' gene

38.5%
  2. DO NOT believe there is any 'God' gene and will post my reasons why

23.1%
  3. I would like more information please everso kindly

7.7%
  4. I am theist

23.1%
  5. I am atheist

38.5%
  6. I haven't read the links so have no opinion and should be castrated

46.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

ahrdley a noodle, more like a pasta shape

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

you said

you have nothing to fear from the pasta shape

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. superluminal . Registered Senior Member

Nice try princess leia. I almost fell for your subtle misdirection there. Not.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

That takes care of peer review.
    Ah! more "research"!!
    Yeah lookit all the invulnerable babies in the ME

Which is why moderate Muslims love the Wahabis so much

We love the Islamic terrorists; they enhance our image so much.

Do you mean the Joos or the infeedeels?

Maybe because we don't automatically assume that religion is the cause of everything on earth?

Yeah like the One True God. A shared illusion.

What dissenters? With the illusion of unanimity, Self-censorship, Shared stereotypes and Collective rationalization of group's decisions, there aren't any.

Yeah we call it mass media.

You can tell of course, from having such an OPEN mind.

You know if ever they put together a group to advocate atheism, make sure you don't volunteer.
    People may turn theist just to put themselves in a group that you don't belong to.

8. superluminal . Registered Senior Member

I would like a glass of joos please. Then I'm going in to feed the eels.

9. HonorAndStrength I know nothing Registered Senior Member

Realllllllyy?

I could think of a much better explanation....

10. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

LOL

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Everytime I think I won't let the wanker get to me, and he still does.

11. imaplanck. Banned Banned

With my dying breathe I would deny that. 2 minutes later I of course would find out for sure.

12. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

not necc. God may have designed us to die when we die? What evidence of reincarnation/after life?

Your comment suggests that god only exists if you are promised an after life?

13. TimeTraveler Immortalist Registered Senior Member

-----How lucky we are to be alive and how destructive the wrong methods are. If people are taught this, they learn how to do this because they UNDERSTAND it not because 'God' tells them to.----

Honor and strength. What if they understand that they hate humanity? What if they are attracted to satanism? I never said satanism was about "worship" or even about satan as an entity. It's more like star wars, going to the dark side of the force. Just because you shove a book in someones face on how to save humanity, doesnt mean they want to. What if they hate humanity and want to see it destroyed? You assume people are all born capable of morality, or capable of ethics, when in reality intuition is a genetic trait, empathy too, and while you can teach the rational basis behind it, you cannot make someone understand it. This is like saying "Killing is wrong because the book says so" and expecting people to take it seriously. You could even show the equation as to why killing is wrong, and it wont change the fact that they enjoy killing and watching people die.

14. TimeTraveler Immortalist Registered Senior Member

(Q) How can you compare ISLAM to Science? What I said is, reality does not exist. Reality is just something we agree upon, it's group think. Science is group think. The fact that these words are a language is group think. The fact that you can talk is group think. If we did not all agree upon what is real, there would be no such thing as real, and then we'd all be in our own crazy little world just like we were as children playing with our dolls and toy marines.

Maybe you are in your own world, but snap out of it. Reality is what we agree upon. Consciousness decides what is real and what isnt.

15. TimeTraveler Immortalist Registered Senior Member

Theoryofrelativity, I don't have a problem with you or anyone here. It's not personal. Maybe I misinterpreted your comment.

You know, I post here, and I guess people decided to challenge me, but thats to be expected on any intelligent forum. I know everyone isnt going to agree. The point is, if someone challenges, it's annoying when they throw Islam, Nazis, or personal attacks into the mix to try and make it seem like I'm some kinda, Islamic Nazi Eugenics extremist. I mean geez, people who defend athiesm sure take it to the extreme.

I'm definately not for eugenics, and I'm definately not muslim, and I don't know what either subject has to do with beauty or God in the way I defined it. I don't believe beauty is physical, thats the whole point. I think people focus a bit too much on physical. I will say that some scientists do have partners, but lets be realistic, a nerd has a harder time getting a girl or guy than a model with a lot of money, and a poor nerd is going to struggle. Of course the poor nerd can use his or her mind to attract people who value minds, and that happens I guess.

16. superluminal . Registered Senior Member

Maybe you need to be clearer in the presentation of your thoughts.

17. imaplanck. Banned Banned

No my comment suggests that god doesn't exist PERIOD.

18. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

you will need to present evidence re this as i still don't buy it

I am with a 'nerd' although he is handsome but that's beside the point! my friend was with nerd...not handsome but she thought so, still thinks so, they are back on again! The nerds I knew/know all had/have women. Long live NERDS!

If nerds cant pull its becuase they sit at home alone on pc, not becuase theya re not attractive or pulling fodder.

19. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

now you know you're a closet theist!

come out, out out out

20. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

ALL atheists are closet theists in fact

they are so anti, its obvious they are really pro

21. superluminal . Registered Senior Member

Nerds. Right. Always nice to label those whom you fear. Not you ToR. That other guy. I've always loved the way society accepts a label like "nerd" to isolate a group, but god forbid we should not use the PC term for ethnic, female, or "challenged" people.

I hate that word.

22. superluminal . Registered Senior Member

Me thinks thou protest too much?

23. TimeTraveler Immortalist Registered Senior Member

Athiests go out of their way to say God does not exist, but never offer any proof. Science is proving God exists while athiests are saying God does not exist.

People are posting here, but not one person has actually given any evidence against consciousness being God. It's rational for consciousness to be God. It's also natural, and you don't have to worship the universe, the universe is yours. So which would you prefer?