Do we have a GOD gene?

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by Theoryofrelativity, Aug 9, 2006.

?

I have read the links and

1. believe there may be a 'God' gene

38.5%
  2. DO NOT believe there is any 'God' gene and will post my reasons why

23.1%
  3. I would like more information please everso kindly

7.7%
  4. I am theist

23.1%
  5. I am atheist

38.5%
  6. I haven't read the links so have no opinion and should be castrated

46.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. TimeTraveler Immortalist Registered Senior Member

I believe in science. The fact that we can solve the universe with our minds shows we created the universe in the first place, otherwise we would be controlled instead of being the controllers. You can choose to believe that universe controls us like machines, or we control it. Which do you prefer?

My opinion on athiests is that athiests do not want there to be a God, they psychologically prefer a random universe. I say to them, that randomness is the God of athiests, while order is the God of thiests. Most athiests do believe in science and if there are laws of the universe, regardless of what idea or theory for how these laws got there, the fact is that order exists in the universe, and only consciousness as far as we know can design.

So yes I'm endorsing intelligent design through intelligent selection. I'm saying we control our genetics, our evolution, our environment, our past, present and future is decided by us, our thoughts manifest, record, recreate, and discover. You are the hand of God if you choose to believe you are, and you are a machine/robot if you choose to believe you are, but the fact that you are self aware and conscious should be enough proof.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. TimeTraveler Immortalist Registered Senior Member

I'm enlightened. I do not consider myself psychic. A lot of people simply don't fully use their mind, this does not make anyone psychic. If you think about something in enough detail you can predict the future. You can predict mans future as you can predict weather patterns. Based on our current evolutionary track, we arent yet self aware as a species. We do not recognize ourselves as fully human, as we treat the poor among us as less than human and the rich among us as human. We do not recognize all races as equal, we can't even recognize both genders as equal. We are very good at selecting physically beautiful mates and having lots of physically beautiful yet crazy babies. Physical beauty does not improve your chances of survival. At best physical beauty helps you have more babies, but survival as a species has nothing to do with being a baby machine, or a chick magnet. Evolution is about intelligent selection.

Genetics, and evolution are our script, given to us by God, through our conscious selection. We chose our own script to our demise. So don't be surprised if we destroy ourselves and wipe ourselves out. We as a species, arent aware, even if every individual has self awareness we seem to have no group awareness. People who have group awareness appear pychic, or like prophets, but all they are doing is taking a snapshot of the global mind sphere or noosphere, reading their history books, and tracking the genetic script. According to our genes, we are already dead unless we get smart about who we mate with. Currently, people mate for the most ridiculous reasons that has nothing to do with evolution. Person X has money. Person Y has nice breasts. Person Z looks like I do. Genetic diversity is being wasted, and genetic diversity is important in the same way it matters in capitalism. When you invest in your species, if you put all your money into one pot, and that pot fails, you fail, and humans are putting all their eggs into one basket. We are evolving based on wealth, race, and appearances. Intelligence is usually ignored, conscience is usually ignored, creativity is usually ignored. If you look at the tools our specific species needs to survive, beauty and wealth arent at the top of the list. Are we supposed to beautify ourselves away from extinction? Are we supposed to buy ourselves a new earth? I think you see my point.

Each of you are self aware, and the majority of you are intelligent. This means you have some responsibility, and the higher you are up on the ladder of wealth and beauty the more responsbility you have to your neighbors. I do not mean financial responsbility, I mean the responsbility to protect your species from extinction. You cannot expect people living in poverty, or poor college students to help, but if you are wealthy and physically attractive, you can choose any mate as a partner, be very precise with whom you choose.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

good contribution Timetraveller and nicely put.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

Oh yes. Brilliant. The future of our species is in the hands of the smart and pretty. Why oh why did I take those electives in anthropology and evolutionary biology? What a waste of time. TimeTraveller apparently has it nailed.

Woo woos unite.

8. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

Oh and ToR, I...

shit. forget it. no one cares.

9. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Time Traveller, great postings in all threads. Hope you stick around.

10. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

C'mon supe spit it out.

11. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

No, they're not great posts. They're a bunch of specious spoutings with no value. You all want to hear this kind of crap, but when it comes to reality you get upset.

Gibberish? What does this mean?

You can? Please, favor us with some weather predictions that are of any value one week hence, then we'll talk about predicting the future of humanity.

Uh, by definition we are human.

All defininng traits of humanity. Are you talking about aliens, or people. This is what we currently are.

Wha?

Uh, dead wrong.

This is completely uninformed or just plain stupid. Don't make statements about a subject you clearly learned from saturday morning cartoons. Evolution is exactly about NON-intelligent selection. Natural selection is not a conscious "effort" on the part of species, unless...

Got lots of evidence to back this up eh?

Oh, so you're leaning toward the hive mind approach, huh? Ants and bees are pretty good at that. Not for me, thanks.

Wow, that is soooo cool (sounding).

WTF?

Why yes, yes I do. You are advocating a form of intelligent breeding approach. Of course you are. Let's come up with a way to convince the people to be more selective about whom they breed with in an effort to improve the species. Wait, that sounds a lot like...

Why, thank you kind sir/maam.

Why, of course not. We wouldn't want to breed with them.

Yes, mein Furrer... I mean Heil!... No, I mean... what's my point here?

So yea, sam and ToR. Great, thoughtful, well informed posts. If that's what you like, then please put me on ignore. Or better yet, click the "nazi eugenics" selection option in your user preferences area.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2006
  12. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

WTFAYT?

13. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

Wait, he's got more somewhere? Oh boy...

14. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

Nice try, bub. Sounds good until you actually read your posts.

It does? Brilliant. Fucking brilliant.

Uh, I prefer harmonious coexistence with the universe, thank you.

What? How could you be any more backward or wrong? Theists posit a god that can do ANYTHING which puts your "order" in the trash heap. Atheists actually understand the concept of order in the natural world as interpreted by science. Sheesh.

Again, quite brilliant.

The universe was designed, because it must have had a creator, and only consciousness can design, therefore, it was designed...

Stay the fuck away from me bub.

Gibberwhatits?

Amen. I fixed your paragraph for you by the way.

And enough proof that I'm not a robot? Or that I am the hand of god? I think the fact that I am self aware and conscious allows me to see beyond ancient superstition toward a future where real (as opposed to pseudo) logic prevails in the larger sphere of human endeavor.

15. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

God damn it to hell. Now I know why the world is in the shape its in.

16. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

aw Super,

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

what's up chuck? Your posts are interesting tooooooooo.

I never said I agreed with the beautiful selection thingy, I just found the alternate view interesting. Does that imply agreement? No

I don't agree AT ALL, that we all are only breeding with attractive (on outside) people as if that were so there would be a lot of single non beauty queens and hunks etc, and there are not. Thus that is clearly just untrue. I don't consider anyone ugly myself, AT ALL! Attractiveness comes in many forms. But deffinately there are as many alleged non attractive people breeding as alleged attractive. Are all scientists single and not breeding? I don't think so.

Feeling better now Super?

catch ya later

17. TimeTraveler Immortalist Registered Senior Member

I've been challeneged so I'm going to give a proper response. I'm going to make the simple case. You can choose to believe it, or you can watch as the movie of our collective future unfolds. The script is already written in our genes.

And enough proof that I'm not a robot? Or that I am the hand of god? I think the fact that I am self aware and conscious allows me to see beyond ancient superstition toward a future where real (as opposed to pseudo) logic prevails in the larger sphere of human endeavor.

So you are an existentialist. God is dead right? I know how you think, and I know your type. I respect your beliefs, but I disagree. Superstition and emotion had nothing to do with what I said. The state of our species proves what I said. I rely on pure logic, there is no emotion to it at all. It's cause and effect, the basic law of all logical intercourse. I spoke in evolution, the way we script ourselves genetically. It is a scientific fact that most of the evolution taking place right now is "appearance" based. Personalities are exactly as they have been thousands of years ago.

Also I'm not german, and eugenics are not endorsed by me personally, but because the world has chosen eugenics, it explains what I said. Humanity has chosen eugenics over evolution. Humanity has chosen evolution of the physical appearance over survival.

You want evidence? A beautiful face and body, does not increase the ability of your species to survive if your species is not self aware, and is self destructive. You can argue all you want over how the species is aware of itself, but the simply fact is, most people do not view the poor as human. Just because you say you do, does not mean the majority of wealthy people do. Most people do not view humanity as their family, and do not protect their species. I'm not say you must be like bees here, but the bees, roaches and ants survive for so long and through everything because they are a higher level of consciousness. They have species level awareness, and they work only to protect their species and their DNA. They do not care about anything else. Humans work as much to protect their species as to destroy it, and in most cases work more to destroy it than to protect it.

So yea, sam and ToR. Great, thoughtful, well informed posts. If that's what you like, then please put me on ignore. Or better yet, click the "nazi eugenics" selection option in your user preferences area.

I like how you assume everything has something to do with the Nazi's. I never mentioned the Nazi's in any of my posts. I spoke of intelligent selection, I did not speak of the Nazi's. I did not say that focusing on beauty was the most important, and I never endorsed eugenics. I think you are just trying to throw words and phrases into the debate in a desperate attempt at using jedi mind control tricks. I'm not stupid, I know what framing is, and I know what you are trying to do. Do not insult my intelligence by throwing random words that have nothing to do with what I said into the debate. The debate is simply, will humanity go extinct based on the current genetic path it is on? It has nothing to do with "race". I don't believe in race, that was invented. It has nothing to do with beauty, because beauty is just a mating tool. It has nothing to do with wealth because you cannot buy a new earth as I've said before. It's simple, are we genetically self destructing? Do we genetically hate our species? Do we want to die out?

It's not going to matter how beautiful or ugly we look, none of it will ever matter because the self destructive nature will eventually lead to self destruction. It's this way by design. An individual that does not follow the law of self preservation eventually dies. A species that does not follow the law of self preservation eventually dies. If you want to imagine the human species, imagine a man and a woman, both with guns pointed at their heads, standing side by side so both bullets pass right through both their heads. Thats our state of existance at this time. We made a conscious decision to invent the gun, to invent the story and excuses to use it, and now it's a decision about if we want to pull the trigger or not.

Consciousness decides the fate of species, evolution, etc. So here are some questions for you, since you wanted to debate.

1. Do you recognize all of humanity as a member of your family?

2. Do you care about of humanity and about the future of humanity?

I don't really care what your ideology is, or if you believe in a God or in science, you should know that the future is being erased as we speak. It's your job to protect your future self, in the present. The here and now is how you protect tomorrow, if you want there to be a tomorrow, and if you don't care, then sit back and do nothing, and eventually time will run out.

The way evolution works is, in order for humans to evolve to the next level and survive, humans must achieve a species level awareness. If you hate your brother or your sister, you ultimately hate yourself. It is clear? A species that hates itself, eventually destroys itself. Is that clear? Self destruction is the suicide button, the way to erase the future.

So once again I'm not saying you have to become like an ant or a bee. All you have to do is make a decision on if you care about your future or not. If you care about your future, and about yourself, then you at least need to care about your DNA. Your DNA is the script to your future, and if something is wrong in the present, it's due to the mating habits of the past. Based on the mating habits of the past, humans are physically beautiful and good at war against themselves. Now, back away from this and view this as God would view it, and you can see that humans are making a conscious decision, and creating their own script to their own movie. It only takes one weapon to wipe out all life on earth.

If you really want statistics, study some insects or some more evolved lifeforms than ourselves. Insects will survive whatever we do because thats all they want to do. So argue all you want about the hive mentality, but the only reasons humans survived this long is because of the tribal mentality.

18. TimeTraveler Immortalist Registered Senior Member

Just in case you want some URL's to do some research or track some of my research.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noosphere

http://www.noosphere.cc/noosphere.html

http://noosphere.princeton.edu/

http://www.holography.ru/files/univhoe.htm
    Key Quote The "whole in every part" nature of a hologram provides us with an entirely new way of understanding organization and order. For most of its history, Western science has labored under the bias that the best way to understand a physical phenomenon, whether a frog or an atom, is to dissect it and study its respective parts. A hologram teaches us that some things in the universe may not lend themselves to this approach. If we try to take apart something constructed holographically, we will not get the pieces of which it is made, we will only get smaller wholes.
    Key Quote #2 This insight suggested to Bohm another way of understanding Aspect's discovery. Bohm believes the reason subatomic particles are able to remain in contact with one another regardless of the distance separating them is not because they are sending some sort of mysterious signal back and forth, but because their separateness is an illusion .
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_entanglement

http://www.personalityresearch.org/bg.html

http://www.ornl.gov/sci/techresources/Human_Genome/elsi/behavior.shtml

http://eteraz.wordpress.com/2006/03/15/between-power-and-beauty-a-man/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leon_M._Lederman

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0385312113/104-2655409-2435166?redirect=true&v=glance&n=283155

http://www.peterussell.com/Weaver/WeaverScience.html

http://pespmc1.vub.ac.be/MEMIN.HTML

There are more links, but the essensce of it all is that spirituality is important in science, as long as that spirituality is based on science. A rational concept of God can be a good thing for a scientist. Einstien himself said God did not play dice. I tend to agree.

Thought Experiment #1 What if the universe only exists in our collective minds? How do you co-exist with something which exists only because of consciousness being aware of it?

Last edited: Aug 12, 2006
  19. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

It's always nice for a poster to prepare everyone for what they're about to devulge.

No one considers you psychic, because no one is psychic. Psychotic, perhaps.

By fully utilizing ones faculties usually means one thinks critically and comes to the conclusion that psychics, or those who claim to be psychics, are woo-woos.

I'm assuming you're talking about researching and predicting based on that research as opposed to sitting around dreaming up nonsense?

You just contradicted yourself.

Is this where we get to the 'enlightend' parts?

I would agree that anything to do with gods and religion would see us wiping ourselves out.

Actually, it's just a group think mentality and it has nothing to do with awareness and more to do with sheep being led to the slaughter.

That's like saying scientists test observations not for want of learning something but instead for want of following the scientific method.

No, I don't. Genetic diversity will occur regardless. Unless of course, if you live in the Ozarks and marry your sister.

No, most here follow group think mentality, as you'll see with whoever compliments your posts and agrees with you.

Horsepucky! Responsibility comes from acknowledging your own actions, not bleating about gods and religion and intelligent selection.

Hilarious! The Monarchy in Britian salutes you!

You see, the sheep are already following. Baaaaaa.

20. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

It is possible to entertain a thought without accepting it, (Q).

Its called secularism.

21. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

You don't know what you're talking about. Even your time scales (thousands of years) belie the fact that you have no idea of the workings of evolution. It is a scientific fact that no one knows just what influences are are driving our evolution today and what traits may be beneficial or harmful in our evolutionary future. And how do you think beauty evolved in the first place? Read a book.

Please stop. You are speaking with someone who knows a fair bit of actual evolutionary science. Stop claiming things you know nothing about.

Now, I really did read the rest of your post, but it is not worthy of dissection. I suggest you go to the library and learn some modern evolutionary theory before continuing to publicly display your ignorance. Bye.

22. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

Please, please stop. You are like a pack rat that gathers sutff because it looks shiny, but has no idea what the stuff is for. You are stringing together random ideas of mysticism, spirituality, science, and pseudoscience and deriving "important" truths from them. Most of what you posted is nothing but speculation. A good scientist will acknowledge that, while trying to use the tools of science to verify the validity of his ideas. Your two links on behavioral genetics seem good. Have you bothered to read them?

23. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

A little. Not much. But a little.