Do Aliens Exist?

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by pywakit, Jan 9, 2013.

1. Balerion Banned Banned

This is what you keep coming back to, yet keep failing to support. You bring up these numbers, but even if there were 1.8 million civilizations who have used radio within the last 5,000 years, the odds of us catching one of those signals within such a short span are very low. We would have to be listening as those signals reached us, presuming we had the technology to pick up those signals. Given the time it takes for those signals to traverse space, and the length of time that the universe has been around, assuming that we should have heard something within a 50 year span is absurd.

You dismiss the idea that they only broadcast for a short amount of time, or that such civilizations go bust, but those things happen. We've only been broadcasting for 100 years, and we're already getting away from it, so what if that's the norm throughout the universe? What if radio really is a totally primitive means of broadcasting? And who says advanced civilizations must exist indefinitely? A sizable asteroid would collapse our own civilization back to the stone age; you don't think that can happen elsewhere?

Fact is, you've got a notion and you don't want to budge from it. That's all this is. That's what you can't articulate your points, and fill your posts up with noise. That's why you call Shostack a joke when he explains why we haven't gotten a signal yet, then try to appeal to his authority when you can't answer my rebuttals. There's no serious thought behind your theory, just emotion. You point out that the article doesn't say it's "impossible" to detect most signals, just difficult, so you simply assume that such signals would be picked up. You "support" this claim by saying that our technology is meant to pick up patterns, as if that makes a difference. Clearly what you fail to understand is that the difficulty in picking up those signals is that it would be hard to even see the pattern in them they'd be so ruined by the travel. But again, you know nothing about this stuff, you're just grasping at straws.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

I wouldn't exactly say we're "getting away" from radio. While it's true that common commercial radio broadcasting is in decline, we bombard space daily with radio (microwave) signals going to communication satellites. Voice, data and TV. I don't see any of that ending anytime soon. One reason being that's it's the only backup we have in case of land-based fiber outages. That was made readily apparent not too terribly long ago when there were multiple fiber failures going to parts of Asia.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. youreyes amorphous ocean Valued Senior Member

ant notice the trend of using higher frequencies as well as different frequencies in GHz range for communication...It is much easier for someone to detect the same kind of frequency, but when it changes this dramatically and is not a long-wave communication, who says it can be detected as easily?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. pywakit Registered Senior Member

18 million. Not 1.8 million. I was sleepy. And I corrected myself within 10 minutes of posting that ...

I am pretty sure I never said Shostak was a "joke". I did say he was making excuses, and the excuses were flimsy. I explained why.

Nor have I "appealed to his authority". I did, however, note that we were attempting to detect radio signals, and he clearly thinks we would if they were there ... faint or not. I further noted we have made huge strides in the last 50 years ...vastly improving our ability to detect artificial signals.

That said, I have asserted Shostak and others have not considered other, eminently plausible reasons for our failure to detect signals. Such as the reason I have hypothesized.

The "time it takes to traverse space" is not especially germane. If signals could not be detected, we wouldn't be listening for them. You have failed to "back up" your assertions.

We have zero evidence that radio-capable civilizations "go bust". We know of one, and we haven't gone bust. That was just a hypothesis put forth by Drake and others as one of many possible reasons for not detecting any signals over the last half a century.

No evidence we are "getting away from (radio)" either. That is also fantasy. Until we come up with some other form of communication, we may NEVER get away from it. What if radio is the ONLY way to communicate? You have no evidence there is some more 'advanced' form, other than pure conjecture and speculation from people like Shostak, Kaku and science fiction movies and books.

If an asteroid threw us back to the stone age, we'd eventually recover and start broadcasting again. Since the laws of physics would not have changed, we would not have much choice.

Your entire argument is based on "what if?" You know nothing about alien civilizations, other than fictional tales, which you (and an awful lot of other people) have apparently confused with fact. Warp drives? Tachyon transmissions? Worm holes? Super-advanced civilizations flitting around the universe? No evidence for their existence. NONE.

At least I have provided some evidence to back my hypothesis: our own planet.

Like I said before ... I'm sorry for trampling on your "beliefs" ... because that's all they are. Beliefs based on years and years of Star Trek, Star Wars, and endless speculation from popular scientists.

I repeat ... we have NO evidence there are 'super' technological ways to communicate. Regardless of what "spooky" things happen on the quantum level, regardless of all the idle conjecture, everything we have observed in the macro universe follows strict laws.

Thought you said you were done. Several times.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

But I don't mind.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2013
  8. kmguru Staff Member

Another reason we have not seen any Aliens is because - our technology society may disappear in the next 150 years back to Agricultural systems, the way we are heading...same could be true for those people out there that could not develop WRAP Drive for good....

9. Robittybob1 Banned Banned

Do you think they won't develop cheap photo-voltaic power?
    There seems to be some very exciting developments in the pipeline. As soon as a large population is involved with agriculture the price of food would rise and the town population would not be able to pay for it. It has been the progression for years now. Fewer and fewer people involved with food production. I can see this happening in China as well. Frees up enormous numbers of cheap labour. Will the industrialized nations cope with that challenge. Will you be able to live on $50 per month? How cheap will food have to be to be able to live that cheaply?

10. stephendavion Registered Member

in movies ... yes they exists .... in real .. I dont think they are ....

11. Joaquin Sleuth Registered Senior Member

I think throughout the years we've been seeing man made UFO's flying around for many different reasons but mainly for test purposes. Area 51 has many attempted and failed ''future-proofed'' technology stored at the base. The technology is hidden away for gleaming eyes in case any undesirable gets hold of the technology and reverse engineers them.

The crafts from many different sightings have been debunked as being man made and from this earth. I do believe Roswell was a very brief event which ''did'' happen. The craft and the chemicals taken from the crash site were somehow reverse engineered.

I believe aliens do exist but they have come here very briefly, and have not extensively been coming back and forth from deep space to earth as often as many people have thought they have. It doesn't seem logical as to why they would want to as they would have to be thousands or even millions of years more advanced than us to repeatedly break the laws of physics to come here when we have very little to offer them other than research.

''Ancient Aliens Debunked'' is a 3 hour documentary which completely debunks the history channel show ''Ancient Aliens''. It completely debunks the entire series lies based on Zecharia Sitchin's books.

It doesn't look good.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2013
  12. kmguru Staff Member

I have a feeling that Roswell incidence was due to a future travel from our own society. You know how we are playing with massive EMF activities and nuclear fission experiments. So may be some design got transported back and they knew what happened but do not want to add any new systems this way...the Time thing...

Just a feeling. Otherwise, we would have massive space items overhead almost every month. The other part is that the Roswell incidence did not have super duper technology...just 20 years from now (or 40 years if I am not involved, ha ha) technology. Oh. I can design the same UFO now for traveling in space with gravitational field. Have done it while in college so they work. US Navy has a system for the sea but can be made air worthy - I am sure they are working on it....

Another part could be a dimensional transfer. I was thinking to play on that using a design I have someday....less likely but possible.

Main idea is to play with space manipulation and bypass the space and transfer to another dimension...the idea is to find a mathematical structure converted to technology that could make that happen...

Last edited: Apr 1, 2013
  13. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

Well this theory makes more sense than the theory that radioactive scorpians from the nuclear testing stung horned toads causing them to mutate into super intelligent reptilian overloards that developed space travel and are preparing to take over the earth - but just barely.

14. Robittybob1 Banned Banned

What did you do in college?
    You made a UFO in college???

15. kmguru Staff Member

I agree 110%...But while posting my ideas...I came up with a new one and will work on that...

I have been trying to develop a method to move matter from Los Angles to New York in a few minutes. I had not found an engineering design to make it happen...and hence nothing has happened by me or anyone else.

But I think, I found a solution using Quantum Theory. It is preliminary...have not done the details...but could work and based on Physics...so we shall see...

16. Robittybob1 Banned Banned

Was that an answer to my question as well? My question was: "What did you do in college?"

17. arauca Banned Banned

Is any body here from NIBURU ?

18. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

That sounds great. I am expecting quite a bit of money soon, I had the very good fortune to be contacted by a memeber of the Nigerian royal family and as soon has he gets my life savings I wll be receiving $8,342,549.47 from him. Anyway, I would be interested in investing 3 or 4 million into your project. Let me know if you want the money.

By the way, I have actually been able to move matter from New York to Los Angles in a matter of minutes! I think it was about 330 minutes! It wasn't my invention - I think the original invention was by the Wright brothers, but I utilized there general idea - so that is definitly worth something in my opinion.

19. arauca Banned Banned

Are you also a descendent from Niburu

20. kmguru Staff Member

Good fun...it is...

21. ForrestDean Registered Senior Member

Is there living breathing intelligent sentient beings, and advanced civilizations, including human civilizations, on other planets throughout not only the universe but our galaxy as well?

Yep.

22. kmguru Staff Member

May years ago I had a vivid dream about our contact with a planet that has fish origin people (in 150 years)...not sure it was after I saw the Star Trek program or before...but I did have another dream that showed a network of connection that looked like interstate highways in a light viewing that manages the dark matter-space-time structure through which space ships move...could not understand the technology very well...besides it was just a dream...

23. Joaquin Sleuth Registered Senior Member

Another theory is it was the germans who were testing a future-proof drone which just happened to crash in new mexico. I think time travel and light speed space travel use similar rules and both may be seemingly impossible for a life form to deal with. If the craft were 20 years or 40 years ahead of the time then they could not have time travelled back in time as the technology wouldn't be efficient to do so.

I think aliens could have also been made up by the government around the time of the roswell incident but i honestly do believe aliens exist as the universe is so big and there's so many unknowns and question marks still out there to find out and answer.

I think the possibility of us encountering them on an almost day to day basis or a weekly basis may be out of the realms of possibility and very unlikely.

''Trillions of Earths'' could be orbiting 300 sextillion stars, so i won't rule out the possibility an advanced race has come here briefly to observe and perhaps viewed us as guinea pigs as we would be extremely inferior to them. Although, there's a possibility we may be more advanced and very indifferent to their world and their lives. Aliens would have observed us and worked out what was going on a long time ago. I think aliens have come here but they haven't been coming here on a weekly or daily basis with the number of abductions which have ended up in media over the years by rednecks usually wanting some attention.

The thing i always questioned with the roswell incident is how would the scientists be able to reverse engineer or even fathom their language in comparison to ours? It would be extremely difficult to reverse-engineer a crashed ftl space craft with an unknown system, unknown language and perhaps a totally different system to us. They may not even use a number system like us. Their types of metal could be so unknown to us, so our equations and formulas would have no use in attempting to fathom the unknowns of their space craft.

I think it could have been the germans testing a drone and it crashed in roswell. I could be wrong but i think the germans had flying saucers. Or it was a government test which went wrong. I think maybe the government was testing a new technology with a drone and it happened to crash. It might have been easier to create ''grey'' aliens as their small beings which flew space crafts at ftl speed as opposed to giving an enemy a chance to observe the us government's technology.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2013