Discussion: That sex without consent is always rape

Discussion in 'Formal debates' started by James R, Jul 8, 2008.

1. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Syzygys:

Just to let you know, you only have one more post left in the debate. Asguard, Bells and myself currently have two to go, each.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Bells Staff Member

Yes. It's the third time I've had food poisoning, but this time would have to have been the worst. We got off lightly. Our nephew is still in hospital. Poor little thing can't keep anything down at all, not even water and he spent yesterday afternoon and last night throwing up every 5 minutes or so apparently, so even the little sips of water he was having was not enough to keep him hydrated.

We're just thankful neither of our sons like gravy. They had bad gastro not long ago as well as flu and they are still recovering from that. Food poisoning would have set their recovery back and probably would have seen our 1 year old back in hospital..

I tried to joke with my husband earlier today that if I was the only one who fell ill, I could have joked my mother in-law was trying to see me off. I don't think it went down too well... no pun intended.. lol..

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

Oh OK, I will keep it short and I will thank my team members and take home the prize in that post.

Hey, just in case, case study #6 (true story):

"In a rare rebuke, a bar association has criticized a judge for refusing to uphold sexual assault charges against a man who allegedly let friends rape a prostitute he had hired. The judge said she considered the case "theft of services."
    Municipal Judge Teresa Carr Deni heightened the furor when she defended her decision to a newspaper. "She consented and she didn't get paid," Deni told the Philadelphia Daily News. "I thought it was a robbery."
    Dominique Gindraw was accused of ordering the accuser at gunpoint to have sex with three men. But Deni dismissed the rape and sexual assault charges on Oct. 4. She upheld conspiracy, robbery, false imprisonment and other charges against Gindraw."

http://www.pantagraph.com/articles/2007/10/31/news/doc4728db7e0d9fa573177778.txt

Last edited: Jul 10, 2008
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. angrybellsprout paultard since 2002 Registered Senior Member

Can you please quit with your dishonest bullshit?

Nobody wanted to partake in your strawman. There is nothing brave about putting up with logical fallacies.

The only coward is the one who has to hide behind strawmen to have any sort of argument, and that coward is you James.

Either you start backing up your claims, or you will just remain a dishonest piece of shit who has to make stuff up about others when their claims have been consistant.

8. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I have never gotten consent that I can remember. We just went at it.

9. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

There IS something brave about arguing for something you believe, because you may have to admit that you were wrong, which those users refused to do.

10. DeepThought Banned Banned

Arguing on belief is wrong. Being 'passionate' about something is always likely in error.

Only logic and reason can save the day.

11. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

Believing something strongly does not automatically equate to using feeling alone and not logic. Most people form their opinions on reason, not emotion. Or am I giving people too much credit?

12. DeepThought Banned Banned

You are.

Humans are animals. Most are incapable of reason, and mistake their appetites for the truth. The lowest rung of Plato's Republic.

Especially those who believe in things like women's rights, black rights and human rights.

13. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

Women = People.

Black people = People.

Sentients who think and feel, like you.

Explain to me why they should not have rights.

14. angrybellsprout paultard since 2002 Registered Senior Member

Looks like someone is too much of a stupid shit to even understand what the term strawman means.

15. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

angrybellsprout:

Are you accusing me again without evidence? Really, you are a slow learner.

At least 4 people wanted to take part in the debate, as it happens.

I'm backing up my claims by arguing them in the Debate thread - a thread you were too scared to participate in.

Hell, you still don't even have the guts to commit to a position on the topic of the debate.

Really, you've forfeited any legitimacy you might have had to express an opinion on this topic. Just go away.

16. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

I assume she wasn't struggling to get away, or telling you to stop, and was a willing participant. I'd hope that consent was implicit in her actions.

17. angrybellsprout paultard since 2002 Registered Senior Member

Do you have any idea what the term strawman means James?

18. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

considering you don't where the fuck do you get off asking others if they do?

19. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

If she doesn't give written consent, signed and notarized, it's rape.

20. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

i may not get my responce done until monday and so i beg the apology of both my team mates and our oposite.

21. angrybellsprout paultard since 2002 Registered Senior Member

Why don't you point to one of my explinations of what a strawman is, and then point out exactly how I'm wrong?

Either way, did you ever get your GED?

22. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

1.I didn't need a GED. I got my diploma. Did you need to get a GED?
    2. You bitched about strawman over what could be considered an ad hominum.
    3. Why the hell did you the word either? Your only talking about 1 thing there is no or so the use of the word either is well wrong.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2008
  23. sniffy Banned Banned

Do you have a problem understanding the word 'no'?