Discrimination:

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by lucifers angel, Sep 28, 2007.

1. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Baron Max:

So you think requiring assistance makes a person inferior.

That fits your profile.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

No, I think expecting, or worse, demanding, that assistance makes them inferior.

So is that a way of insulting me, yet still stay within the rules of sciforum? Is that a nice thing to do, James? Or is it quite similar to others calling some kids "retards" ...which you disapprove of?

Baron Max

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

thast because baron, you have no idea! about morals or what is right, these people need assistance, and if you had a mentally ill kid wouldnt you expect the same assistance

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Ripley Valued Senior Member

Christ, anybody who is anybody has had assistance in what they've excelled in. A monarchy and its courtiers, government and its counselors, athletes and L-Glutamine, musicians and their music teachers, movie stars and their agents, etc, etc. There is absolutely nothing there.

8. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

exactly!

9. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

All babies should be dumped in the middle of the desert and forced to achieve eveything on their own.

10. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Sure I do, Luci, but they just don't happen to agree with what you think is right or moral. So ....shoot me! ...LOL!

I agree they need assistance. But where that assistance comes from is the argument at present. You seem to think that someone 3,000 miles away, and has no idea about "those kids", should be forced to help. I think that's wrong.

Families and friends and private organizations should help ....NOT the public, NOT the taxpayer, and certainly NOT to be forced to help.

You don't really want to know what I'd do if I had such a kid.

Baron Max

11. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

Drown it?

12. Xev Registered Senior Member

Ah, the estrogen brigade. It doesn't really matter if something is true, if it is relevant, if it is provoking. What matters is how it make us feel. And if it makes us feel sad, or inferior, or bad or crampy, we can't discuss it.

13. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

No we can discuss anything. But if you saw the quote by Varda before, she said

"I am just starting shit" and that she did.

14. Xev Registered Senior Member

A dick move on her part, but who else is going to do it?
    We censor a good portion of what we want to say because we're cowards; we don't want to offend anyone, we don't want the hassle of offending anyone. And we censor a good deal of what we would say because nobody (sane) wants to deal with hyper-emotional, humorless people who take everything personally.

But where's their social duty to people who can control their emotions?

15. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

I don't censor anything I say... I tell it how I see it. If I come off as stupid, or racist, or bitchy so be it. I however am finding some members in this place can dish it out, but can't take it when it happens to them.

16. mikenostic Stop pretending you're smart! Registered Senior Member

Do you mean 'we' as in people in general? Because I know that you, Shorty, Baron, myself, Varda (and a few others) have no problem calling someone out or telling it like it is. If some unbiased outsider saw some of the posts we make on here, they'd think we don't censor much at all.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Ooooh. I can think of someone in particular right now.

What do you mean by that?

17. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

Does it start with the letter "P" lol

18. peta9 Registered Senior Member

Yes, isn't it pathetic you are talking about me. Whew! i, little ol me, really must have gotten to ya.

Geez, it just irks you that i don't fit into your neat little world the way you like huh, hypocrite! Silly people.

19. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

so i can put the record straight adn now that i am a lot calmer, i acted badly and for that i am sorry, but for the perants of the thread it is a tad difficult when people are pm'ing me saying that i should kill my kids by electrocution. sorry again!!

20. shichimenshyo Caught in the machine Registered Senior Member

Im glad you decided to stay :bravo:

21. mikenostic Stop pretending you're smart! Registered Senior Member

You got to us because we were talking about you? Funny, I can talk about the weatehr on a nice sunny day too, but that doesn't mean the heat of the sun is too much for me. :shrug:

There's lots of people that don't fit into this world, whatever that means, but they also don't have thin skin.
    Not only do you not take criticism well, your responses are always 'shoot first'. You never take the time to find out why someone said what they said. Instead you respond like an elementary school brat with name calling and harsh statements. I'm not mad. I think it's quite amusing.
    You mentioned you didn't want to post a pic because you don't want to be an attention whore, but guess what? You are doing exactly that by getting all huffy-puffy-pissy with your defensive responses.

Luci, was it you or Orleander that have children with ADHD?

22. Xev Registered Senior Member

Meh. Maybe not here, but you must in real life, at least to some extent.
    And, temporarily put aside the fact that she's your friend. She's got a thread up about 2 weeks old dismissing depression as "something kids do because it's fashionable" (my paraphrase) and that people "hurt themselves to get attention" and that mentally ill people are simply weak. But, someone posts a factual comment - and because it offends her in her own personal situation, she threatens to physically harm them.

Take her as an example, then: these are the people we bite our tounge for, the people who can't see beyond their own lives, who can't or won't think objectively. These are the people who want marijuana illegal because they don't partake, who want v-chips and parental warnings and carding for video games because they can't be bothered to actually parent their children, and the people always crying for more money to police their version of good behavior.

We accomodate them at every turn, and what do we get by way of thanks?

In real life I am polite to a fault, if outspoken. I am careful around people of lucifer's angel's disposition, I avoid them if possible, I keep strict control over my impulse to taunt them. All part of the social contract.
    But what do I get in return?

Last edited: Oct 1, 2007
  23. peta9 Registered Senior Member

Ooh, a little sensitive today? or are you just revealing your real beef now?

Well, i don't always shoot first so moot point.

Bull, if it didn't irk you or upset you, you wouldn't be criticizing me and making a big huffy puff about it which ya are m'fraid. Keep on pretendin'.