Discrimination:

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by lucifers angel, Sep 28, 2007.

1. Bells Staff Member

Or maybe it is a form of "advancement" that we are able to care for the disabled a lot better than we did in the past.

Now as to the rest of this thread...

Are you all stoned or drunk? Or possibly both?

No one was 'talking' against your children Luci, nor are they out to get you or your children. You really need to take a step back and read the posts carefully before replying. I would advise you to not start threatening people. You are emotionally over wrought, who wouldn't be, but please do not start taking it out on others, especially faceless others you do not know in an internet forum.

I cannot even begin to imagine what it is you are going through. But you really should not take your frustrations out on others. Yes there are some people who would abort a child if an ultrasound showed that child to suffer from serious physical or mental disabilities. That is a matter of personal choice. Whether you agree with it or not, it is a personal choice. There are some who place them in a home. It does not make them weak or disgusting. It just makes them human.

You have taken on the care of your mentally disabled children, and for that you should be commended. Not many people could cope with what you have to go through on a day to day basis. But you need to calm down and remember that this is an internet forum. No one here is to blame for the pain you are going through. Yes you can get angry when people here behave like insensitive twats, but the best thing you can do for yourself is to ignore them.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Varda The Bug Lady Valued Senior Member

I think that because of the way this thread went, I should write a post making it clear that I find the discrimination condenable. I hope you all realise that nothing in my post indicates that I find it ok to laugh at disabilities.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. mountainhare Banned Banned

There is prejudice and discrimination against the handicapped because they are inferior. It's a no brainer, folks.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. peta9 Registered Senior Member

no-brainer? huh? I've seen plenty of times where an inferior idiot discriminates and is prejudiced to those even superior to them. I've seen atrocious and ridiculous neanderthals make fun of those who are smarter, more talented, more evolved etc etc. You name it and they believe they are superior simply because of size, looks, or maybe they are part of a gang that bullies people etc. Do you realize there are dumb idiots who make fun of smart people labeled "nerds", the ones who keep thier ass alive and actually believe they are superior to them?? Huh? They will often physically try to hurt them or taunt them. They think they are superior to someone that may find the cure for cancer. Geezus christ.

It's not so fuking simple when it comes to people.

How old are you? An old no-brainer perhaps.

8. mountainhare Banned Banned

So a drooling retard isn't inferior to you, peta?

Figures...

9. peta9 Registered Senior Member

retard, grasp the finer points of this thread and life.

Her son is autistic. Their are plenty of people who have disabilities and strengths.

The point is "DISCRIMINATION" is spread around for all types of inane reasons.

I would honestly say that the people i witnessed making fun of those with downs syndrome were lower than freaking dirt. They are the type to beat up on thier spouse, gossip at work or harass, cheat, lie, cause all types of problems in society that add up to a lot of headaches, both men and women. They are not necessarily beneficial to society either.

10. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

I agree. But like the saying goes "what goes around comes around".
    Maybe someday some of these ppl will have their own baby that is
    physically or mentally challenged. I wonder how many laughs they would
    have when somebody called their child a "drooling retard".

11. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Moderator note: mountainhare has been banned from sciforums for 1 week.

12. Reiku Banned Banned

I'm glad to see something was done about this thread.

13. Borsviek ****** Registered Senior Member

People with cerebral palsy may look like drooling retards, but they actually have normal brains. But as far as being legitimately retarded, yes they are intellectually inferior.

14. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Inferior in what way, Borsviek?

15. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

Not at all, doctor. Mental retardation is a strictly optional secondary symptom, available in both weak and strong varieties (and every flavour in between). I'm afraid it's back to the books for you.

But why all this emphasis on 'intellectual superiority' anyway? Even if it's an indicator of value, it's only one among many.

16. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Well, James, if those "challenged" children aren't inferior to the "norm", then they shouldn't require any special assistance or special attention, etc. If they were "normal", then they could function in the society just like all of the other kids.

Baron Max

17. Ripley Valued Senior Member

But the "norm" you speak of, Baron Max, isn't much of a "norm" when you consider that normalcy is very much an abnormality because to be "normal" is to be normalized; like being brain washed and neutralized at the same time!

18. Varda The Bug Lady Valued Senior Member

it seems that in many cases, for whatever difficulty they have to perform tasks that for us are trivial, they compensate by being amazing at other things... like the uncle I mentioned who had down's syndrome, he was a gifted piano player and he painted some beautiful paintings... and he was only 15 when he died

19. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Gee, isn't that great. But could he have survived without special assistance and special education and special care, etc?

Baron Max

20. Varda The Bug Lady Valued Senior Member

of course not! he was a major burden on a very poor family which alread had way too many complications even before he was born

to everyone who criticized me for saying i'd be "stuck" with the kid, I think you are all hypocrites to say that you would not at least for a moment every once in a while feel stuck in the situation, if you had someone who demands special care and is completely dependent on you for likely the rest of their (and your) live

21. Photizo Ambassador/Envoy Valued Senior Member

Yes, agreed...but christians tolerate these "ridiculous neanderthals" say, in the religion forum, out of love.

22. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

nope i never say that! i never feel stuck in that situation, i love the situation i am in, i just hate society and they're nasty way of viewing people will disabilites

23. Varda The Bug Lady Valued Senior Member

i dont doubt that you love your children, lucifers