Discrimination:

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by lucifers angel, Sep 28, 2007.

1. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

lol have u been smoking the crack!?!?!?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. peta9 Registered Senior Member

downs syndrome doesn't exist? disease doesn't exist? aids doesn't exist?

So if we just let everyone drop like flies, then we'll be as dumb as flies because there will never be any "INQUIRY." DUH!

Your logic is perplexingly off. There would be even less reason to do research on conditions that "once" existed and even more difficult since they wouldn't exist. Give me a break.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Varda The Bug Lady Valued Senior Member

could ou please go back and reado post 76? I hate having to repeat myself

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. oreodont I am God Registered Senior Member

It's hard for an individual in today's (or any moment in the past) to look beyond the prism of our own society. Probably 99.9 % of human cultures killed or abandoned the disabled. Even in the world today, what % of disabled infants are kept alive by their parents? Perhaps high in western cultures and low in China and India and much of Africa, etc. Even in my mother's childhood in Britain the 1930's she remembers stories of midwives urging mothers not to feed some infants 'for the best'.

There is no judgement in the natural world and humans are as much a part of that world as mosquitoes and pine trees. Any value we put on the life of a disabled person is social and cultural. We look through our own prism. In our current western society much of our morality has developed to stop us from killing eachother. Investing dignity is the most vulnerable creates a collective 'value' on human life. Violence becomes taboo. This has evn spilled over into our care and treatment of animals that have become 'pets'...almost family members. Society has become so large and intricate that we are always looking for more moral glue to keep it all 'civil'.

8. peta9 Registered Senior Member

Your tone is ridiculous and make it sound like a weakness. Did you or did you NOT receive vaccinations as a child? If so, then STFU ungrateful. You would probably not be here if it weren't for the caring of and seeking out remedies.

The more you care and more responsibility you undertake, the stronger you become. There is a duality there, you can't drop the ball and call yourself strong. Point-blank, true and all around. End of story.

9. oreodont I am God Registered Senior Member

My, my you are a hyper one. Too much caffeine? Try deep breathing exercise.

Prejudice flourishes in folks like yourself as you aren't able to step outside of your own narrow focus. In some societies carring for the disabled has an advantage and in others it's not an advantage. A mother is a poor village in Bangladesh may not care for a mentally retarded baby and will let it die. She's not unlike mothers for 99.9% of human history. Killing or allowing her baby to die has nothing to do with immorality or weakness but an understanding of the reality of their lives.

Your 2007 life experience in a western culture is not the same as that of all other humans. Your simplistic views can be helped by a broader understanding of the world. You can overcome your prejudices with more self-education.

10. peta9 Registered Senior Member

Fucking amazing. Really, I mean it. Kudos to you since you are the one being frigging SIMPLE. We are discussing the motivation to frigging CARE and take on responsibility as fundamental and crucial to the strength and expansion of a species. Just because a mother in a third world country has no choice in letting her baby die, doesn't mean SHE WANTS IT THAT WAY. And yes, of course, it's a weakness if you let your baby die whether you could help it or not. Geezus, fucking christ!

Last edited: Sep 29, 2007
  11. Varda The Bug Lady Valued Senior Member

i see that my post will be ignored once again

12. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

Perhaps that in order to advance to the next level as a species, care for "disabled", weak, etc, may be a requirement. It is even more diversification, just like being able to store grain and give some people specialized tasks rather than just being a good "hunter".

In 320BC, nearly everyone posting in this thread, probably wouldn't live to the age of maturity, in Sparta.

I like how some olde time posters in this thread, the same who piss and moan about how this site has gone down the tubes, have resorted to baiting someone who is obviously an easy target. Fucking hypocrisy. Maybe you are just having some fun, well maybe we should all come have fun in threads that don't really interest us, say trolling the latest "look at the new gross shit I found in my backyard" posts.

13. Varda The Bug Lady Valued Senior Member

are you going to deny the fact that the thread is a lot more interesting now, and that some very interesting points are being made?

14. Varda The Bug Lady Valued Senior Member

nobody WANTS it that way, peta... nobody in this thread is disputing the fact that the maternal instict to protect the child, healthy or not, overpowers all logic

15. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

Yes I do deny it, it's just a pissing match now. Aren't you a scientist? You really think we should go back to caveman days?

16. Varda The Bug Lady Valued Senior Member

fine, we can go back to discussing the meanings of the word retard

go

17. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

So you just carelessly start shit with a woman (lucifer) who is obviously
    upset? You just figure hey what the hell nobody gives a shit about me
    digging up bones so I will just start some shit here?

You really think this was the thread to just start shit in for the fun of it?
    I think its disgusting!

You think this thread is more interesting because of you? I think it only shows what a bitch you really are.

18. Varda The Bug Lady Valued Senior Member

my threads get 6+ pages, that hardly passes for "nobody cares"

not for the fun of it, for the sake of turning the discussion into an interesting one

what you think bears no relevance to me or to my opinion on this thread
    now if we can go back to the topic please? or feel free to continue the personal attack, fine with me... I'll just do the same to you as I've done to dozens in the past

19. Varda The Bug Lady Valued Senior Member

This point, the same that peta is argumenting on is deffinitely valid. It's indisputable.
    You might notice if you go back a little in the thread that i orriginaly merely stated a fact. What I may or may not do if I ever find myself in this situation is nothing but speculation.

i've not come to this thread with the purpose of unleashing the fucking maternal fury on myself. I didn't even realise she had an autistic child, I just browsed the thread really quick to try and see if what i was going to post hadn't been posted before. I know you and your team troll know quite a lot on the subject, but i'm sorry, that is not the case.

knock yourself out

20. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

Really then why are you going into other threads and crying about how yours are getting tossed in the Cesspool? Saying that those topics are shit and should be tossed in there.

Dozens in the past huh, like you did to Lucifer in this thread? You really don't care how upset she was by what you said do you? I guess I like her, and I sympathize with what she must go through.

21. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

I can't help wondering how you arrived at such a "theory"? Isn't it obvious to you that in the past, most/perhaps all people were able to function in the society in which they were born ...or else they died. Yet the society continued to thrive and advance to what we are today.

What I see now, in today's world, is an enormous influx of diseased and/or defective people that aren't able to function in the society. It has, in effect, caused an enormous drain not only on individuals and families, but on the societies themselves. I would hardly call that a form of "advancement".

In evolutionary terms, defective offspring simply couldn't survive, and thus were unable to pass on any of those same defective genes. And thus the specie continued to thrive and the strong lived. Now, however, in our misguided efforts to overcome that natural evolutionary culling, modern society has injected more and more of those defective genes into the specie and more and more of those defective offspring are being born. If you or anyone can realistically call that "advancement" of the society or specie, then I just don't know what to say to you.

Baron Max

22. Varda The Bug Lady Valued Senior Member

you are trashing the thread. can we take this to PM?

23. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

I am trashing this thead? you have to be kidding me. Look back a few pages
    when you started your so called "I AM JUST STARTING SHIT HERE" Read from there on ( few pages)

Oh and look in the other thread lucifer started, where you TRASHED that crying how it should be put in the cesspool with your shit. What did you have a problem with people actually having a good time laughing?

Last edited: Sep 29, 2007