Discrimination:

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by lucifers angel, Sep 28, 2007.

1. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

Why isn't it ok for people to discriminate agaisnt, Homosexuals, coloured people, certain social groups, religion, but it is totally ok for people to discriminate against disabled people?

and i dont only mean in every day life with the human race, but here aswell, when we're "suppose" to be people disscussing every day life with a bit of grown up nature about us?

------------------------------------------------------

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. peta9 Registered Senior Member

who says it's okay?

i hate people who discriminate against real retards. There is no point in it because they can't help it. i remember a group of kids making fun of some retards getting off the bus at school and they were still carrying thier kiddie lunch boxes. they were so sweet and precious too, you just want to hug them.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

It's illegal here to discriminate against the handicapped. Its legal to discriminate against gays.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

you are so lame. Do you still call black people 'darkies'?

8. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

perhaps you should revise that word!!

9. peta9 Registered Senior Member

mentally challenged?

retardation is a real word. you people are lame if you didn't get what i meant. The ironic part is, even still, i probably have more heart toward others who have genuine problems than any of you do with your fake nice acts.

10. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

so you have no problem walking up to a mentally handicapped person and saying "Hey retard, how are you today?"

11. Deathfromabove Hopeless and Useless Registered Senior Member

When has it ever been acceptable to do so?? people who do so are extremely backwards and stupid.

Retardation is a word, but it isn't a P.C word to use, if you get what i mean.

12. peta9 Registered Senior Member

of course, I wouldn't do that. I would address them by their name.

If i mention someone is 'crippled' in a discussion, does it mean i will go up to the person and say "hey cripple, how's it today?" I've never done that.

13. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

you have no idea about how much heart i have for disabed people!! see: what happens to the mentally ill after grade school thread!

then perhaps you can tell me how much heart i havent or have got

14. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

I can't beleive you just wrote that lol

Do you think its appropriate to call them retards?

What handicaps must you have to get that label? (retard)

fake nice acts? I don't fake anything.

15. mikenostic Stop pretending you're smart! Registered Senior Member

You're also not going to walk up to them and say, "Hey mentally handicap, how are you today?"

Maybe it's just me but I would address a retarded/handicapped person by their name (if I knew it) or sir/ma'am. :shrug:

I have no problem making a genuine, serious statement like, "Their baby was born retarded."
    However, 'retard' in the context of it being used as a (noun) label for retarded people is considered (offensive) slang in the dictionary.

This PC bullshit is really getting out of hand.
    IMO, the only acceptable PC term(and the only one I'll use) is Native American, because the term 'Indian' can be confusing.

16. peta9 Registered Senior Member

What? How is it not appropriate to acknowledge retardation?

17. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

Lucifer, From what I have read here about your kids, I can't imagine what you
    must go through day to day. I am so grateful I have 2 healthy kids. I hear nothing
    but good things about them from other people. I couldn't even imagine having to deal
    with people calling them names or making fun of them. It would break my heart.
    I am the type of person that when they get sick, I wish I could take it from them.

Sometimes when I am out and about and see a mom struggling with a handicapped child, my eyes kinda well up. I guess I just feel so grateful. NOBODY can even imagine what it feels like unless they are in your shoes.

I have no great advice, because I don't have to live it. I feel for ya.

Shit I better shut up, I am going to lose my hard ass image lol

18. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

why is it ok for you to call them retards? are yu saying people with autism are retards?

19. mikenostic Stop pretending you're smart! Registered Senior Member

Pfft. Your image never fooled me. I'm onto you toots. :bugeye:

20. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

people are ignorant towards it because they are affraid because they dont want children like it, and they are the ones missing out and not me!! the love and affection you get from these kids is so great a reward to miss out on

21. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

DAMN

22. peta9 Registered Senior Member

i was specifically talking about those with downs syndrome when i used that example from school and thier taunting.

autism is a different problem.

No, i don't think it's okay to call them that. I just used it for the sake of discussion. it is a real word to describe a particular problem.

i don't go up to fat people and say 'hey fatty!' or short people and say 'hey shorty'! or tall people and yell out 'hey, tree!'

23. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

Thats a nickname I am used to, I take no offence
    Now some of the others

lol