Disclosure Conclusions

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by craterchains (Norval, Oct 4, 2005.

1. duendy Registered Senior Member

keeep myt name and others out of your gossiping little world you nazsty piece of shit. if you said that to me face i'd give you a good slap

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. duendy Registered Senior Member

perhaps you should READ the article, and the MIAN relevant bit, that puts paid to all your strutting know it all bravado, when you know nowt........where it is writen:
    "Ms Blackmore responded well and confirmed my observation that the work was primarily that of conjectre and speculation."

do you understand that phlo?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Light Registered Senior Member

Hey, we can mention names like Ted Bundy, Son of Sam, Chessman and other neurotics. Why should you be any different?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. phlogistician Banned Banned

Duendy, your source has supposedly received a letter from Sue Blackmore saying her theories are conjecture, but he didn't publish that letter. On her own web site, concerning NDEs;

http://www.susanblackmore.co.uk/Articles/si91nde.html

She doesn't add a caveat about oxygen deprivation, indeed, she repeats the statement.

In this paper;

http://www.lycaeum.org/drugs/Cyclohexamines/Ketamine/Ketamine_near-death.html

Oxygen deprivation, and the biochemical side of NDEs are discussed.

Oxygen deprivation is covered here;

http://www.csicop.org/si/2004-05/near-death-experience.html

These are papers by scientists, with no agenda other than discovering the truth, completely different to the guy you cite, who has a christian agenda.

Also, you gloss over the obvious flaws in that paper you referenced. And yes, questions such as 'why does the 'spirit' leave the body before death, and not at death' and 'how does the spirit get back in' are relevant! If this happens as reported, it happens for reasons. What are they, and how?

Of course, I'm happy to conclude it's a product of the brain shutting down. You on the other hand are left with the burden of proving that spirits exist. Yo uask how to do that, well, the first article deals with a few ways people have tried, and failed, to detect the spirit. I think that's fairly conclusive.

Anyway, the weight of evidence is against you. Now, how are you going to catch that spirit? Ever see the film 'The Asphyx'? Might give you some ideas!

8. duendy Registered Senior Member

now how do you know i am NOT a serial killer who is also good at hackin peoples info.....by theway, you never did tell me where i can find your resume at these forums?

9. phlogistician Banned Banned

'cos to be a good hacker you'd have to be able to use a keyboard?

Hacking is tedious anyway.

10. duendy Registered Senior Member

WHAt weight of evidence? i am not feeling any weight at all. just hot air

11. btimsah Registered Senior Member

The records of hauntings which seem to occur in a location that has had deaths associated with it is a good start on the spirit thing. It won't be too long before great evidence is achieved regarding this phenomon. It's important to understand that science has no place for "spirits" or an "afterlife". Probably never will.

TAPS has caught several doors openning completely by themselves when there was no draft or wind to do it (too heavy!) and a human could not possibly open it because there was an object behind the door that would have made it impossible to do so. The TAPS TEAM (who are VERY skeptical) decided this was not normal, therefore para-normal.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Even more interesting would be proving that hautings actually do have something to do with either residual sprit energy or an active spirit still refusing to leave this world. Im not sure we could really prove such a thing, even if it were true.

12. btimsah Registered Senior Member

Proof? And you prove my point. Almost all of the government witnesses claim that ETI evidence is of the highest security, thus the proof is concealed.

However, some of them do have evidence. For instance FAA investigator John Callahan has some materials that you can view to this day, that he says the Reagan scientific staff thought was a UFO (ETI). He also says that they were not going to tell the public because it would panic the public and that they were going to go back and study this. What he has is not the object itself, but proof that what he is saying has some merrit. If it's swamp gas, why would that panick the public?

It's also interesting to note President Reagan's continual references to; "What if one day we were to find out that we were not alone in the universe? I think that would surely unite us all". (something to that effect) which further pushes his story to the concievable.

It seems you want tangible proof. Which, given that this hundreds of witnesses who consistantly say this is above top secret - makes your request rather foolish.

My main point being that it's not the believers who maintain there is a myth of a coverup. It's those who have worked in our military and government who do, and in some cases have some corraberated materials to back that up.

13. FieryIce Tic Toc, World in Cobalt Blue Registered Senior Member

Your assuming all bad deeds in this world are done by humans and are we to assume your even human?

14. duendy Registered Senior Member

but what does 'refusing to leave tis world mean?...why is it tis world has to be left? that to me smakcs of the Abrahamic myths..especially christianity. tough astern beliefs havethese ideas too.......so many quetions

15. Meanwhile Banned Banned

As consoling as it might seem that there's a concealed back hand involved in human affairs, and that humans are mere scapegoats, the fact remains that they are either corrupt to begin with, or that because they are corruptible they are easily manipulated -- one way or the other, it couldn't possibly bear much sympathy. Or, if they've been "altered", then they are "spoiled". However, I concede that not everyone is of the herd, and many attractive individuals across history have arduously weaned themselves from the social apparatus, apart but "liberated". Perhaps these would be the candidates being processed for a first contact of another type -- if they haven't already been approached in some way? But hardly the mob.

16. FieryIce Tic Toc, World in Cobalt Blue Registered Senior Member

Not a mob, but an innumerable crowd with 144,000 plus 2., only one specific contact.
    Spoiled? But not forgotten.

17. phlogistician Banned Banned

OK, duendy, let's cut this problem into parts. Let's start with the first part. The spirit.

I think 'thing' is a good word, it implying something that has been descibed vaguely. I make no assumptions about a 'spirit', other than if it is supposedly associated with our bodies and minds, and somehow is part of our personality, it must be able to interact with our brain somehow. Our brain being physical, somehow the 'spirit' must be able to affect the physical to express itself. Kinda like a driver can hold onto a steering wheel to steer the car, if you will.

If a spirit an interact with a physical brain, some facet of it must be similar to a brain, and as brains use electrical currents, I'd expect to be able to detect that facet, or whichever way it interacts with the physical world.

If this isn't what you understand by spirit, please give your definition, so we have a common term to discuss.

18. duendy Registered Senior Member

i have briefly above. remember i also mntioned 'getting the spirit' before. th actual feelng of intensified spirit. ...so you cannot examine this objectively. that is out of te window that we can be purely objective. do you agree? especially about spirit

19. phlogistician Banned Banned

Duendy, the spirit must make contact somehow, if it is somehow part of our personality. Drugs affect eth brain, and our behaviour, and we understand how they do this, through biochemistry. The 'spirit', if it affects our personality, or is our essence, or whatever, must do the same. So what is the 'spirit'?

Why can't you use 'energy talk' when discussing the spirit? To assert that, you'd have to know something about the object. Sounds like he's building on sand there again, defining the spirit, but without anything to back up that definition.

BTW, consciousness can definitely be measured, there have been experiments that detect the brain patterns occurring when a subject recognises a face, for example. Show them a picture of a stranger, different pattern. Show them someone they know, and the very cognitive act of recognition has a signature. I'll dig out a source for this one, as it's fascinating. Of course, general brain activity, sleep, REM etc can also be detected too.

But here is a facet I'd like you to cover when you explain what you think a 'spirit' is. What does it have to do with our consciousness and personality?

20. duendy Registered Senior Member

well. as i began. wecan tie ourself in knoys if we dont understand the terms we are using. please see above. tho i dont presume you start reading from below. tho some do do so. i sometimes read artcles from the end to te beginning

21. Meanwhile Banned Banned

Well, I was just admiring the canvas for as much as I can assume, from my vantage point… there seems to be another layer beneath the paint whose masterly brush work dates to a different era, exposing bits and parts of another scenario, another drama, that is not necessarily clashing with the contemporary one on its surface, but bleeding into it, blending into it, but at variance with its more modern veneer—it is well hidden. I suspect though that it must remain securely hidden, lest it be smuggled away into the black market, as one of those piece de resistance—old paintings are so coveted now-a-days.

22. phlogistician Banned Banned

So duendy, instead of asking me questions, how about you just define what you think spirit or consciousness is. We'll start from there.

23. duendy Registered Senior Member

ok. first let'sagree we are calling 'spirit' consciousness, soas not o get confused. 'spirit' altho a powerful term is in tis instance fairls, andits ooriginal etymological root is 'spiritus'/breath......we breather, we are conscious

what do i think 'it' is?

well, as i say --presently i am understanding that consciousness cannot be measured. so if you cant measure some'thing' you cannot really pin it down, like you could a chemical interaction, where you can measure te ineraction, chemicals involved, where you are doing the experiemcne t etc

consciousnessis how matter energy FEELS. and i agee with de Quincey. and anceint poples ho hd insight into primal animism thatALL matterpenergy is sentient

when i was 15, i was given LSD. and te first thing i noticed was how i felt, and how matter looked. it looked extraordinarily alive. it is hard to explain to someone who hasn't exprienced ti wat it is like, because it is not te feeling of an observer looking 'out' objectively AT such phenomena. te subject is just as involved. to put it moe succintll, observer and observed are one

such experiences completely fascinted me, and were to inspire me to really start exploring about whatit meant. which i still do

so consciouness is very very strange in that it cannot be measured yet is te interconnctor between all matter energy. te deeper you go. the more you are open To consciousness, te more you are deeper involved wit perception, hearing, touch, feeling etc.sensuality

i would be interested to know of your siritual experience. how it came about etc. but you dont HAV to tell me if you dont want. seriously