Dimensions

Discussion in 'General Philosophy' started by Rantaak, Feb 4, 2005.

1. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

My problem with it was that it treated time as a typical dimension with no reservation about it whatsoever, incorporating it basically as "the fourth dimension".

Well I thought the "many branches" thing was okay within the 3 dimension explanation, but the incorporation of time as a typical dimension expanded the many branches thing to the potentially ludicrous.

Fine point about the observation thing.

Agreed about infinity.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Prince_James Plutarch (Mickey's Dog) Registered Senior Member

Wesmorris:

Great point on the "fourth dimension" treatment of time.

And yes, the "many branches" was more sensible on as three dimensions than it was later on time.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Rantaak Registered Senior Member

Yeah it seemed like they were stretching some of the terms a bit too much. With infinity, I think they meant to use it as "infinite possibilities." It helps to consider that there are a few other grammatical errors. Branches on time also bugged me. Aside from that, what are you thoughts about getting from the 10th to the 11th? Is it possible?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Prince_James Plutarch (Mickey's Dog) Registered Senior Member

Well frankly, I don't think there are any other dimensions besides the 3 dimensions of space and the 1 "dimension" of time. But if you are speaking in terms of "accepting the beliefs as presented on the webpage", then no, I do not think so. If "these are all things in all possible universes in all possible timelines" then an 11th dimension is impossible.