Dimensions

Discussion in 'General Philosophy' started by Rantaak, Feb 4, 2005.

1. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

A "dimension" is a degree of spacial freedom.

By definition, a hypercube is four dimensional.

Time isn't considered a dimension exactly as far as I understand it. There is no freedom in the negative t direction.

that's why it's called "space-time". I see it listed as 3+1 dimensions.

x,y,z and time.

of course, it's all just models.

but in the model in question, a hypercube is necessarily 4D. no such thing exists in space-time. it's purely imaginary...

so I add a dimension for imagination.

at least one.

"inner space".

because if a hypercube wasn't part of existence, we couldn't discuss it.

so since we can, there must exist a facet of reality in which the "imaginary" is existent.

most argue that can exist fine within space-time.

I argue back most of the time to no avail.

I've gone on at great length about it. some people seem to be all "exactly" and others "no way". I can't figure out who is right, or if it matters really.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

i have taken LSD a few times before, when i was about 12-13 but i didnt do it again, that shit is fucked up i dont reccoment people take that shit,

it makes you feel weird after about 8 hours of bieng up on them, makes you want the buzz to wear off,

it was cool for the first few hours, then it got annoying,

but LSD dosent really do anything to you or make you know anything atall, it just makes you see shit in a disstorted way, it hasnt effected me im the same as i was before it, apart from a new experience that i learned not to do again,

duendy it seems like you think LSD changed your life, its just a fucked up little chemicle, i would reccomend weed to someone before that shit

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

peace.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Facial Valued Senior Member

I repeat my stance : you cannot draw a hypercube on paper.

The only tangible way to express it is through a hologram.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. duendy Registered Senior Member

o dear. yur not much of an advert for LSD are yu...hah!
    actually LSD is a non-specific TRIGGER . it is not a drug DOING, but a facilitator which ALLOWs.......so really dude you are just revealing your very bad choice of set and setting. ...errr try agin. you seem to have chosen matrial arts which yu rave on about. they are not everyone's bag, including me. but maybe rthey are for you. what attracted you HERE tho...?

Mosh asks what i have gotten from LSD?

oh myyyyyyyyyy. i could be hear all day. dont know where to begIN. takin LSD when 15 completely turned me around.
    with hindsight i realize that culture, parents, peers, schools, media, had gotten me hooked on BIG GLITZY CITY wit is bright cheap neon lights. also its dark-side. rememeber at that time seeing the film 'Midnight COwby' and fallin in love with NYC and the tawdriness of underground city livin----all that.
    LOVED crowds, and traffic, etc etd. as a result mey love of Nature, which i'd had when young--say to 7,8 ....all of that had atrophied and was submerged under this semantic trip 'courtesy' of acculturation

so....i take a tiny tiny tiny. like a pin head--tab of LSD. and al tat goes!!!!!!!!!
    all that acculturation goes, and i am UTTERLY in awe of Nature. droolingly so. one cannot, and i mean cannot describe this experience. you HAVE to be there. you are seeing Nature in a deepr dimension. for we areDULLED by tis materialistic culture to believe tat matter-energy/Nature is 'dead'. But it very much is not. and with te sacraments it is very alive in deed. AWESOMELY so

8. Mosheh Thezion Registered Senior Member

I AGREE... YOU WILL SEE NATURE DIFFERENTLY...

but.... it doesnt provide answers...

unless you ask questions when high out of your mind.
    in which case... you may find answers.... and you should write them down.

unfortunately... the next day... when sober... your notes...
    may seem like jibberish... cause that maybe what it is... jibberish.

even if the night before... it all made sense... so clear... so simple.. when high.

but when your not high... you realise.... it doesnt make sense at all.

you just thought it did.

lsd is not a toy< or game.... it an extremely powerful halucinigen....

key word.... 'halucinate'... i.e.. see things different... that isnt there.

once i saw a river of water.. flowing past my feet...

so i bent down.... and instead of water.. i saw that it was a river of green glowing slugs... billions and billions.... they crawled over my feet...

but they were never there.... neither was the river.

-MT

9. c7ityi_ Registered Senior Member

Common sense says that there can be no more than 3 dimensions, however, people often like to deal with abstractions more than reality.

10. fadingCaptain are you a robot? Valued Senior Member

Common sense says alot of things that are wrong in reality. See double slit experiment.

Are there higher dimensions? I don't know. Kaku gives a fairly convincing argument in 'Hyperspace'. But he also believes time travel is possible so maybe its all fantasy.

11. duendy Registered Senior Member

((((((((((((((((((()

12. Mosheh Thezion Registered Senior Member

I dunno know what you call LSD... but its not a toy.. and not for the timid of heart... people can seriously freak out on this shit.

the most important thing for anyone doing it, is to realize that no matter what you see.... if it is not within the your memory of normal.. then its probubly a halucination.

for example... if everyones faces are distorted and they look like pigs.
    or if you look at the ceiling and it Hits you in the face.
    or if you suddenly feel totally paraniod....
    or if you see the flesh on your arm literally boiling... bubbling.

if you see the street turn to mudd..
    if you see the walls melt..
    if you fell YOURSELF melt and turn to water and pour down a drain......

dont freak out... its all a halucination.... you know this.
    as long as you always recognise that its not real... you wont freak out.

it the effect of the drug.... and a person must recognise it.. always. and by doing so.. you prevent the idea or need for freaking out.

causes it ok.. everything is cool and calm... and needs to stay that way for the next 12 hours... it must.. and you will make it that way.

that is my advise.

and sure... if when you come down... after the 12 hours... it is true that there is what seems to be a phycological benefit... but its intangeble, and everytime just seems as if this.... intangeble benefit.. is it self an halucination..
    just more mild...
    as it too wears off after 24-48 hours.... and in 3 days.. its normals vile again.

you might write some stuff down then... when you came down... but i have found that nothing other than an intangeble phycological benefit it achieved.

-MT

13. Mosheh Thezion Registered Senior Member

DIMENSIONS cannot be explored with drugs... but you can research dimensional concepts while on drugs.
    either way... i do not advise drugs.
    unless it is legal, and or you have a prescription.
    let that be understood.
    -MT

14. duendy Registered Senior Member

oh Do ME favour, jeeeezus. you sound like a demented broken record.
    people. this dude is talkin crap. believe me. ont let his dour perception of tings put you off from interest in this. no doubt he will keep posting such repetitive drivel like tis, which i may now ignore

15. duendy Registered Senior Member

yes. it is unerstood alright....but we dont care WHAT you advise. is THAT understood?

16. c7ityi_ Registered Senior Member

I've never taken drugs, not even alcohol or cigarettes. Drugs are like sex, it's pointless, it let's you experience some cool things but it takes you just further away from the goal. Of course, everyone's different, some people probably need drugs, otherwise they wouldn't even exist.

17. duendy Registered Senior Member

what the hell do you m e a n sex is'pointless'---?for you you mean darlin. for many many others it certianly aint pointless

annnd. IF you have had no experience wit psychedelics, then you really dont know what you speak of----do you??

18. c7ityi_ Registered Senior Member

Do I need to answer this? Don't you understand that everything I say comes from my personal viewpoint?

Sex changes nothing, it only creates more life and more suffering. It's a sad way to seek unification. Nature promises us something wonderful, completion, but it inhales the life from us and puts it in a new body, and afterwards we feel like we have lost more than we have gained. Before there was still at least a will for unification, afterwards there remains only 'emptiness'.

It's a shame that unity can't be attained with sex, but what is impossible stays impossible. Physical 'unification' does not prevent mental separation.

Sex, food and music are kind of psychedelics, aren't they?

19. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

"Sex changes nothing, it only creates more life and more suffering."

You're projecting my dear boy.

There is more to life that suffering, if you allow it.

20. duendy Registered Senior Member

well how would you know?...putit this way. yes they are all good. but there are deepr dimensions of them.....you will just have to be bold. get out there next Autumn and pick some magic musrooms.....THEN you will understand

21. duendy Registered Senior Member

meant to type:
    Eroticism doesn't just end after genital sexuality....Eros is all about....

22. c7ityi_ Registered Senior Member

i would like it more if there was nothing... no happiness... no suffering... no universe... no me...

maybe suffering feels so wrong because i know that i'll be reborn on earth, again and again... if I thought that life would end when my body dies, suffering for 73 years wouldn't be such a big deal.

right, keep saying that until you understand it.

sex, food and drugs can satisfy my body, but not my immortal soul. i want happiness that lasts forever, not just temporary happiness, which i know just dissapears....

23. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

Pardon, but if you think about that for a second...

There would be no you to like it better, worse, etc.

You sound like you're very, very hurt.

Are you in physical pain, disfigured somehow, unwillingly imprisoned, abused?

Is it simply your function to suffer, or could you make a choice that would change it?