Did We Really Go To The Moon

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by ditm, Jun 19, 2001.

1. Singularity Banned Banned

What choice do they have do u think after being caught other than declaring it as fun ?

So rest assured that more funny pics from NASA will be coming, i hope they agree in the end that the whole mission was funny.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Singularity Banned Banned

So u mean momentum and inertia are fake concepts ?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Singularity Banned Banned

The fact that it takes 3 or more seconds for a response command to reach moon and back to the equipments makes it impossible for this video to be this accurate.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Singularity Banned Banned

I agree but its just that soon i think i am gona be the first human on the moon, i mean a woman.

8. draqon Banned Banned

I mean that image is fake, its made by adobe artists who just dont believe people have been on the moon.

9. Singularity Banned Banned

I wasnt taking about any artists. I was talking about the mass, inertia and the momentum of the space suits and those huge tanks on their backs.

This why i have to ignore some people; total waste of time.

10. draqon Banned Banned

none here or anywhere else is a total waste of time.

As for moment and inertia...can you Possibly imagine how hard it is to judge something like this from a video? do you realize that video is in 2D? :bugeye: Thus all that front and back small movement is not realized readily...especially on the moon.

11. phlogistician Banned Banned

NO! It is a still from the film 'Capricorn One' you freaking moron.

You know NOTHING yet you still speak. Why is that?

12. draqon Banned Banned

well ok.

1) I am not a moron

2) I was saying that the picture used here of this filming is not applicable at disproving that people have been on the moon since as I have said it is fake in the first place.

3) Ok so I didnt know that it is film 'Capricorn One'. so what? I realized it has nothing to do with the real footage of the landing on the moon and that was the reason I typed a reply.

4) Stop being rude

13. phlogistician Banned Banned

You underline thaht with every post you make.

It's not a fake picture. It's a movie still used out of context by a woowoo.

You should be armed with as many facts as possible before making posts. Woowoos are often caught using 'Capricorn One' stills as if it proves NASA could have faked the Moonlanding, and say the pictures are uncanilly similar to what NASA show us of the Moon. Well that is because the film followed by the Moon landings by about a decade, and modelled itself on them.

Stop being stupid, and I will stop being rude, if calling you on your bullshit is being rude, that is.

14. John99 Banned Banned

oh look everyone Singularity is on a mission, everyone pay attention and listen to everything he says so he dont throw a tantrum.

Those little pics are not fake, you did good. Good boy.

15. Singularity Banned Banned

Nice try Dick Boy.

I think Capricorn one was about Mars. So why is this movie not showing red soil ?

16. draqon Banned Banned

and how is that thing filming of Capricorn one? huh? cause it aint got orange soil. So you are that which you called me.

17. orcot Valued Senior Member

Quistion what is this?

what you seem to have is a single photo that even mentions it's a simulation in the url, it's completly out of contect.

I believe that during all the appolo landings the feets of the lander where covered in some gold (colered) foil, in this picture it's orange, the camera of the left astranout seems to be black in stead of white like I assume the pic should be, there also seems to be a structure on the left emiting light

18. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

Apollo Lessons Learned: The Apollo astronauts received extensive geologic field training to insure maximum scientific gain and reduce risk to the EVA team. These field exercises proved to be invaluable and contributed greatly to the achievement of all lunar surface science objectives (including intelligent sample acquisition and documentation). Moreover, these field based exercises were also useful in sharpening the skills and interaction of astronauts and the ground science teams.
    Source: http://gsa.confex.com/gsa/2005ESP/finalprogram/abstract_88856.htm

Here is a detailed list of the field trips undertaken by the Apollo astronauts.(not classroom session, or assigned 'homework', just the field trips.)
    http://www.hq.nasa.gov/alsj/ap-geotrips.pdf

One of the major changes in the training for 15 was the geology training. Although on previous flights the crews had been trained in field geology, for the first time 15 would make it a high priority. Scott and Irwin would train with Lee Silver, a Caltech geologist who on Earth was interested in the Precambrian. Silver had been suggested by Harrison Schmitt as an alternative to the classroom lecturers that NASA had previously used. Among other things, Silver had made important refinements to the methods for dating rocks using the decay of uranium into lead in the late 1950s

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apollo_15#Planning_and_training

etc.

19. orcot Valued Senior Member

it's like I said

Starting at 15 thats past halfway the apollo mission.
    Apollo 15 lift of in august 1971, apollo 17 (the last one) lifted of on dec 1972.
    16 months training didn't suffice besides on those sort of training their's useally a whole lot of boosing envolved remember there were pilots that only cared for geology to go to the moon.

But nevermind it was proberly a very good ID.

20. Communist Hamster Cricetulus griseus leninus Valued Senior Member

Excuse me, but PC gamers deal with a slight delay between sending a command and their character doing something. I'm sure NASA could do the same.

21. orcot Valued Senior Member

besides weren't it the astronauts that commanded the lift of of there own vehicle?

22. Singularity Banned Banned

Do u think that a crater formed on moon must be six times larger than what the same thrust should form on earth ?

23. Singularity Banned Banned

For them to land near the previously send probe, its a feat without sophisticated computers on board.