Did the Chinese reach the Americas before Columbus...?

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by wet1, Mar 14, 2002.

1. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

so why to believe the Bering-Only theory. why is it so important for you for it to be the only truth?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Cheers!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. justagirl Registered Senior Member

that last one I haven't seen before..but I spent a summer in Windrock learning all I could and I could make many post on the teachings of the great spirit...and have some in my pc when I showed Native American beleif's side by side and the Bible and how they could mean the same even though the words were different..if you have an interest I will show some of them to you

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

sure. ancient history and civilizations is my passion and hobby.
    bring it on

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Nephilim Registered Senior Member

8. justagirl Registered Senior Member

Originally posted by justagirl
    all native Americans are from Asia (China) they walked across the ice bridge looking for food and slowly worked their way all the way down to South America
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tht has already proven to be untrue. there are pictures/ sculptures of Africans in SA. Many myths are the same. they had knowledge of white and beared men. they have a story about Moses(a different name but story's the same) and the flood. Ancient Egyptian boats have proven to be able to swim over atlantic (expedition of Kon-Tiki). pyramids. and oth.

because the land bridge hasn't been proved wrong...and the Kno_tiki_ so far all I can find on it is a man proved it could have been sailed and still hasn;t been proven...but I do want to learn more

9. justagirl Registered Senior Member

American Indian Commandments

Sacred Instructions Given By The Creator To Native People At The Time Of Creation

Treat the Earth and all that dwell thereon with respect.

Remain close to the Great Spirit.

Show great respect for your fellow beings.

Work together for the benefit of all Mankind.

Give assistance and kindness wherever needed.

Do what you know to be right.

Look after the well being of mind and body.

Dedicate a share of your efforts to the greater good.

Be truthful and honest at all times.

Take full responsibility for your actions.

a poem by Crazy Horse 2/26/2002
    Upon suffering beyond suffering, the Red Nation shall rise again and
    it shall be a blessing for a sick world. A world filled with broken

promises, selfishness and separations. A World longing for light again.

I see a time long after the skies have grown dark and dirty and the

water has become bad smelling. I see a time of seven generations when

all the colors of mankind will gather under the Sacred Tree of Life and

one whole earth will become one circle again.

In that day, there will be those among the Lakota who will carry the

knowledge and understanding of unity among all living things and the

young white ones will come to those of my People and ask for this wisdom.

I salute the light within your eyes where the whole universe dwells.

For when you are at that center within you and I am at that place within

me, we shall be One."

Tashunkewitko Oglala AKA Crazy Horse .Please note his use of the words Tree of life.

He spent much time in prayer and solitude. Just what happened in these days of his fasting in the wilderness and upon the crown of bald buttes, no one will ever know; for these things may only be known when one has lived through the battles of life to an honored old age

His side of the story on Custers last stand..

"A very great vision is needed and the man who has it must follow it as the eagle seeks the deepest blue of the sky. I was hostile to the white man...we preferred hunting to a life of idleness on our reservations. At times we did not get enough to eat and we were not allowed to hunt. All we wanted was peace and to be left alone. Soldiers came and destroyed our villages. Then Long Hair (Custer) came...They say we massacred him, but he would have done the same to us. Our first impulse was to escape but we were so hemmed in we had to fight."

Tashunkewitko Oglala AKA Crazy horse

10. justagirl Registered Senior Member

The light of the Sun enlightens the entire Universe; and as the flames of the Sun come to us in the morning, so comes the goodness of Wakantanka (Wakan --Holy, Tanka -- Great), by which all creatures are enlightened. It is because of this that the four-leggeds and the wingeds always rejoice at the coming of the light. We can all see in the day, and this seeing is sacred, for it represents the sight of that real world which we may have only through the eye of the heart. When you wear this Sacred Sign in the Dance, you should remember that you are bringing Light into the Universe, and if you concentrate on these meanings, you will gain great benefit."

Black Elk Oglala Sioux

" You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on it's stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In this same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven."

Jesus

"Grandfather, Great Spirit, once more behold me on earth and lean to hear my feeble voice. You lived first, and you are older than all , older than all prayer. All things belong to you -- the two-legged, the four-legged, the wings of the air,

and all green things that live.

You have set the powers of the four quarters of the earth to cross each other. You have made me cross the good road and road of difficulties, and where they cross, the place is holy. Day in, day out, forevermore, you are the life of things.

Hey! Lean to hear my feeble voice.

At the center of the sacred hoop

You have said that I should make the tree to bloom.

With tears running, O Great Spirit, my Grandfather,

With running eyes I must say

The tree has never bloomed

Here I stand, and the tree is withered.

Again, I recall the great vision you gave me.

It may be that some little root of the sacred tree still lives.

Nourish it then

That it may leaf

And bloom

And fill with singing birds!

Hear me, that the people may once again

Find the good road

And the shielding tree".

Black Elk

The native americans had no Bible to use as a guide. They had no written history to teach them right and wrong. They relied on prayer to guide them through their life. They relied on God for all things. They taught God created the heavens and the earth and we were to love all living things. God used evolution to create life and it only makes sense that God loved all of the life he created. Modern religion has sooooooo much to learn form those simple teachers of God that walked this earth and had no Bible to lean on. God loves us all the same and that has to include the tools of evolution as he made humans to walk this earth with all of the animals and plants. Native American's loved life so much they said prayers to "The Great Spirit in the Sky" before killing an animal to use for food. The opposite of this is sooooo many religions of the world teaching that God discriminates and only Loves those that believe as they teach. They agree God made all living things and we all are his child but they still like to teach he only blesses those that believe as they do..Why would God create me and then hate me because I think evolution took many years instead of 7 days. Why would God create me and you and then decide he loves you more than me. If you believe in Evolution and Believe that God loves his creation then you must learn to love all living things just as Black Elk taught without a Bible to lean on.

" Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you"

Jesus

Upon suffering beyond suffering, the Red Nation shall rise again and

it shall be a blessing for a sick world. A world filled with broken

promises, selfishness and separations. A World longing for light again.

I see a time long after the skies have grown dark and dirty and the

water has become bad smelling. I see a time of seven generations when

all the colors of mankind will gather under the Sacred Tree of Life and

one whole earth will become one circle again.

In that day, there will be those among the Lakota who will carry the

knowledge and understanding of unity among all living things and the

young white ones will come to those of my People and ask for this wisdom.

I salute the light within your eyes where the whole universe dwells.

For when you are at that center within you and I am at that place within

me, we shall be One."

Tashunkewitko Oglala AKA Crazy Horse .Please note his use of the words Tree of life.

I am of the belief of my roots that the most important thing about God is love and to lean on him and not the words of man.

Mark 7 6,7

"Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you hypocrites as it is written:

These people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me. They worship me in vain, their teachings are but rules taught by men,"

Jesus

" therefor I tell you, do not worry about your life, or what you will eat or drink, about your body and clothes. Look at the birds in the air, they do not store food away in barns, and yet your Father loves them and feeds them"

Jesus

God loves us all the same and ask that we light the world with our life so others may see our love. "The great spirit and Jesus agreed on most things"

11. kmguru Staff Member

American Indians did not come from China. Even though they look like the Chinese, they could not have possibly migrated from China some 30,000 years ago. It throws a monkey wrench on the western view of the world. What if the Chinese claim this land. Bad news for the white man....

America Indians must have come from Africa. Look at them...they look just like Africans. In fact, everybody came from Africa. That is a fact my friend. Ever hard of a lady named Lucy who lived 100,000 years ago and produced few million off springs. Must have laid a lot of eggs too.

What a BS....

12. Nephilim Registered Senior Member

I never believed archeologists. They seem to intent on conecting everything to their theories, which even proved wrong, their still right. Their so busy tring to tie evolution to their time scale, that when someone finds a 3000 year old screw or gyro, they hide it because they don't want to face the facts. They can't seem to figure out how these structures all over the world was made without cranes, like stone henge. I find it strange that the aztecs had a better calender than we do, and sumerians knew how many planets where in our solar system without telescopes. The biggest disservice we have done to the ancient peoples of this planet is associate them with idiots.

13. kmguru Staff Member

I agree. I have said that in the next 5 to 10 years, we will hear a lot more from China and India about their side of the story. That will throw a major monkey wrench on the "sheep" thinking....

14. Adam §Þ@ç€ MØnk€¥ Registered Senior Member

Lucy is not thought of by any archaeologists or palaeontologists as the one from which we all came.

The "Eve" idea does not refer to any single person; it refers to a period/place where, according to one theory, the tribe or group or whatever of our distant ancestors were concentrated at one identifiable point.

15. justagirl Registered Senior Member

American Indians did not come from China. Even though they look like the Chinese, they could not have possibly migrated from China some 30,000 years ago. It throws a monkey wrench on the western view of the world. What if the Chinese claim this land. Bad news for the white man....

America Indians must have come from Africa. Look at them...they look just like Africans. In fact, everybody came from Africa. That is a fact my friend. Ever hard of a lady named Lucy who lived 100,000 years ago and produced few million off springs. Must have laid a lot of eggs too.

What a BS....

When I read this yesterday I found it offensive and I it upset me and I went offline. I come on this morning and wrote a little here to offer my views. But I have reread this and now see your statement for what it really is. smiles. I'm sorry for the brief time I felt you were being racist. AS you are really being openminded and very perceptive to the truth.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2002
  16. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

Natives (Indians) came in to the Americas from the direction of Egypt. Far before a Chinese or African or whatever set foot on the Land of the Americas.

The Tablet which they keep with a part of the Ten Commandments on it, they took with them while they were finding their way to a new Land where they could live.

Archeology and 'Lucy' are interesting items, I have much more the intention to go for the Egyptian way. Anyway, that direction, note that Egypt is just mentioned as a surrounding from where the human race scattered all over the Planet.

I am sorry, don't have a website on this. Is it necessarry to have a website on everything? I'll try to find some info about this and will get back to you later. Or you can try a search with 'google'.

Talk to you later...

17. justagirl Registered Senior Member

Natives (Indians) came in to the Americas from the direction of Egypt. Far before a Chinese or African or whatever set foot on the Land of the Americas.

The Tablet which they keep with a part of the Ten Commandments on it, they took with them while they were finding their way to a new Land where they could live.
    I am sorry, don't have a website on this. Is it necessarry to have a website on everything? I'll try to find some info about this and will get back to you later. Or you can try a search with 'google'

A website or a theory doesn't prove anything. However, I will show you which Native American tribes teach they DID come from the land bridge or Asia. Now you can show a site which someone from Egypt may claim otherwise or even a site from norway but those beleifs are NOT accepted in this country.

LONG BEFORE the white man set foot on American soil, the American Indians, or rather the Native Americans, had been living on this land. When the Europeans came here, there were probably 10 million Indians north of present-day Mexico and they had been living here for quite some time. It is believed by many anthropologists and archaeologists that the first people arrived during the last ice-age, approximately 20,000 - 30,000 years ago, crossing the land-bridge at the Bering Sound, from northeastern Siberia into Alaska. (There are other theories being studied, such as travel by boat - similar to Australian settlement. Here is a letter from a Native American visitor to this site about this. More information to come!) The oldest documented Indian cultures in North America are Sandia (15000 BC), Clovis (12000 BC) and Folsom (8000 BC).

When did Native Americans first arrive to North America?
    After long debates over the years, archaelogists have finally come to a consensus that humans reached southern Chile 12,500 years ago. The date is more than 1,000 years before the previous benchmark for human habitation in the Americas, 11,200-year-old stone spear points first discovered in the 1930s near Clovis, N.M.
    The Chilean site, known as Monte Verde, is near the Pacific Ocean. Even former skeptics have joined in agreeing that its antiquity is now firmly established and that the bone and stone tools and other materials found there definitely mark the presence of hunting-and-gathering people. The new consensus regarding Monte Verde, described in interviews last week and formally announced yesterday, thus represents the first major shift in more than 60 years in the confirmed chronology of human prehistory in what would much later be called, from the European prospective, the New World.

For American archaeologists it is a liberating experience; they have broken the Clovis barrier. Even moving back the date by as little as 1,300 years, archaeologists said, would have profound implications on theories about when people first reached America, presumably from northeastern Asia by way of the Bering Strait, and how they migrated south more than 10,000 miles to occupy the length and breadth of two continents. It could mean that early people, ancestors to the Indians, first arrived in the new world at least 20,000 years before Columbus.

Involved in this research has been a team of American and Chilean archaeologists led by Dr. Tom D. Dillehay of the University of Kentucky and a report will be published next month by the Smithsonian Institution. Also involved was Dr. Alex W. Barker, chief curator of the Dallas Museum of Natural History, Dr. C. Vance Haynes of the University of Arizona, Dr. James Adovasio of Mercyhurst College in Erie, Pa., Dr. David J. Meltzer of Southern Methodist University in Dallas, Dr. Dean Dincauze of the University of Massachusetts at Amherst, Dr. Donald K. Grayson of the University of Washington in Seattle and Dr. Dennis Stanford of the Smithsonian Institution in Washington.

Created in 1995 by Institute for Learning Technologies staff member Richard Calton, the Native American History Archive (NAHA) was an important early experiment in designing an online educational portal devoted to Native American resources for the use of K-12 teachers and students

WWW.Nativeamerica.com

Your theory may exist but it isn't accepted by the tribes of North Amrica

18. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

Tht is not really important. How could they remember??!
    But they have stories about gods who came to them and they had beards and white skin. I do not say tht native indians were actually egyptians , but tht doesn't exclude the fact tht ancient egyptians visited Americas.

And Lucy

I have studied ancient civilizations and have a thesis

nothing is more relative than the evolution of human being When Britons slept in caves, Romans had mighty empire, when Romans were barbars, Heths(sp) had cities, when Heths(Hoths) sacrifaced humans (violent sacrifactions), Egyptians had united country with advanced governmental system. Humans have a trait to develop differently and be in different steps of evolution in different locations. consider Atlantis

19. justagirl Registered Senior Member

In some ways I have to agree with you but the reason I keep showing these links is because people keep telling me the land bridge has been proven wrong. That is incorrect..It hasn't been proven wrong but "new" therorys have been introduced. Now which is right and which is wrong???WEll for starters the land bridge HAS not been proven wrong so people that are saying that are "wrong" and the best proof any of you have offered is a link to a man from Norway that proved it was possible to sail a craft similiar to what the native americans built. WEll that isn't proof and the fact he found mythes of creation and the flood isn't proof either as I have shown you myths that were not from Egypt and I even showed the "accepted" Native American Commandants" and while a few lines are close to what moses taugh some are way different and none are like his. The accepted theory of the Native American community is the land bridge and therefore it is right until someone has proved it wrong. I admit at best the land bridge is a theory but the facts remains you are telling me that Native Americans did not cross the land bridge has no merit as I have shown you it is still considered history by the Native Americans of this country and also the United States of Amerca. Now with proof your theory one day may be taught in our schools but for now it isn't and it is wrong for you to tell me my roots are from Egypt

20. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

IoI I never told thtancient americans didn't come across the Bering.. I said tht there have been more thn just tht one way

21. justagirl Registered Senior Member

I can show you MANY people from this thread that have said the land bridge had been proven wrong..if your not one of them I am sorry...smiles...

22. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

I'm not one of them

23. kmguru Staff Member

Many years ago, I went on a business trip to noth-east part of India, then to Beijing and then to northern province of China (Jilin) and back to US. Several weeks later, I took a vacation through New Mexico and stopped by an Indian Reservation. All I could see is the similarities in facial and body features among Northeast Indians, Northeast Chinese and Native Americans were astounding. I still think, the Native Americans came from Asia.