Did Nothing Create Everything?

Discussion in 'Religion' started by SetiAlpha6, Oct 21, 2019.

1. SetiAlpha6 Come Let Us Reason Together Valued Senior Member

Yes, I know that is the current position on the Ipuwer Papyrus. Thanks!

I am just a crazy rebel and I don't agree with it.

The original majority opinion WAS, that it described the biblical Exodus account, just as I have said, and I have no reason to doubt that now.

Don't you ever think for yourself?

Don't you ever oppose majority opinion on anything?

Certainly you do!

You have to!

You know very well that the "overwhelming" majority opinion is not always right.

Even your website quote above proves this point.

It was considered... it is now considered...

And tomorrow or next week it may be considered something else, or even return to the previous.

If you are an Atheist, and I do not know if you are or not, you would be a rebel against the "overwhelming" majority of people on Planet Earth, because most people believe in God.

Is that alone going to turn you into a believer in God. Majority rules, Right?

Side Note: Every time I see the term "Overwhelming Majority" I know I am about to be manipulated. That term is used all over the place these days, and I am using it above just for fun, not to manipulate anyone.

Thanks for the discussion, and for your comments!

"Once thought to describe the biblical Exodus, it is now considered the world's earliest known treatise on political ethics"

Hmmm... Why not both?

Last edited: Jan 21, 2020
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

And, a position that's unlikely to change.

That was a result of an interpretation by the well-known nutjob, Velikovsky, you know, the guy who wrote a book that around the 15th century BC, the planet Venus was ejected from Jupiter as a comet or comet-like object and passed near Earth.

Of course, that's why I read the Ipuwer, to see for myself how it does not follow the Exodus account.

Should I? To what purpose? Just to be a crazy rebel? Thanks, but no thanks.

And, how do I know that? Just because I feel it's not right? Kind of like how a flat earther feels he is right?

Yes, after Velikovsky considered it and then armies of scholars actually did the homework, he was considered wrong. That's how good science works. It's not about internet forum bozos like you and me deciding the scholars are wrong. In your position, it's bias because you believe in the Bible as a historic document. Bias has no place in science.

Not likely.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

Wait. Velikovsky is involved in this?

I couldn't find exact content you're referring to - but please tell me our friend SA6 isn't relying on anything associated with Velikovsky...

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. SetiAlpha6 Come Let Us Reason Together Valued Senior Member

Here is one description on how to tell if a document (i.e. the Bible) is fiction...

If it’s telling a story about people who never existed doing things that never happened, it’s fiction.
    If it’s an account of something that actually happened, and is attempting to present the factual events with accuracy, it’s non-fiction.

Does anyone have a problem with this approach?
    Or can anyone find a better description, we can use?

Of course, some sections of the Bible are clearly written as fictitious examples or "parables" but they are also usually claimed to be such in those very same accounts.
    And there are a variety of literary styles to be found in the Bible as well.

I actually don't think it is possible to prove that all of the Bible is only fiction.

Thanks!

If it’s telling a story about people who never existed doing things that never happened, it’s fiction.
    If it’s an account of something that actually happened, and is attempting to present the factual events with accuracy, it’s non-fiction.

I'm going to use the above, unless someone comes up with a better unbiased approach.

8. SetiAlpha6 Come Let Us Reason Together Valued Senior Member

Apparently, even if he was involved, the majority of scholars agreed with him at some point, what does that say about the majority of scholars?

To me it means that the consensus changes over time, and will probably continue to do so in the future, as more evidence is discovered.

Hmm... maybe the new discoveries at the Mountain of God will change the consensus of opinion once again!

I don't want you all to be late to the party.

I'm trying to make sure that does not happen to you!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

9. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Yeah granted, the overwhelming majority of people do believe in some form of ID. Part of human nature in general is that many require reasons and answers for why we are here. Only in relatively recent times has science been able to reasonably explain according to the available evidence, that the universe exists as an emotionless cold dark framework, not giving a f*&^$ about us humans and our evolution...as per the excellent link I gave yesterday. That is quite disheartening for some and despite the evidence, they simply turn their backs on it and rather indulge some form of creator and the resultant warm fuzzy inner glow and satisfied feeling.
    More likely that the long sort after observably validated QGT will be discovered/formulated, throwing light on that fist instant of time at 10-43 seconds, and showing us that a universe can evolve from unstable nothingness.

10. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

It only says anything about scholars if it's true.

And I very much doubt it is. It's one of those baseless internet claims - I doubt there's a document out there called "voting results of the majority of scholars on the veracity of Velikovsky.".

11. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

You do have reason to doubt. The reason is that study of the papyrus by experts, in the light of current knowledge, has led to the consensus expert opinion being that the papyrus is not an account of Exodus.

The fact that you don't doubt, even though you have good reason to doubt, is what makes you a pseudo-scholar of this stuff.

12. SetiAlpha6 Come Let Us Reason Together Valued Senior Member

To all my friends on Sciforums…

HYPOTHESIS –
    That the Jabal al Lawz mountain range in Saudi Arabia is the best candidate for the Biblical Mt Sinai.

DISCLAIMER:
    I do not wish to take credit for any of the evidence in the posts that follow.
    I made none of the discoveries myself.
    Please review the evidence if you wish, and decide for yourself.

To date, the scientific study of this complex site has barely even scratched the surface.

Dr. Glen A Fritz has done an exhaustive, Geographical Analysis of this Site and of the other Sites related to it.
    However, in my opinion, more research still needs to be done to validate the Hypothesis conclusively.

Thank you to the gracious people who run Sciforums!

RESOURCES -
    H. Saint John Bridger Philby (1885-1960) – The Land of Midian
    Sir Richard Francis Burton (1821-1890)
    Jim and Penny Caldwell - Extensive Documentation of the Mountain of God 1990 – 1998
    Ron Wyatt (1933-1999) - Ark Discovery International
    Dr. Lennart Moller - The Exodus Revealed, The Exodus Case
    Dr. Glen A Fritz - Geographical Analysis – The Lost Sea of the Exodus, The Exodus Mysteries
    Dr. Sung Hak Kim - Photographs
    Aaron Sen - Photographs
    Dr. Miles R Jones - The Writing of God
    Timothy Mahoney – Patterns of Evidence
    David Rohl - Exodus Myth or History
    Dr. John Bimson - Redating the Exodus and Conquest
    Dr. Bryant Wood
    Dr. Charles Aling
    Ryan Mauro - Finding the Mountain of Moses: The Real Mount Sinai in Saudi Arabia
    Andrew Jones - Beautiful Drone Videos
    Joel Richardson - The Underground - Mount Sinai in Arabia

SOURCES -
    For further Study…

Finding the Mountain of Moses - Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjrxHqNy5CQ&feature=youtu.be

https://doubtingthomasresearch.com/
    http://jabalallawz.weebly.com/
    http://patternsofevidence.com/
    https://ancientexodus.com/proof-of-mount-sinai-in-arabia/
    http://realmountsinai.com/explore/sinai
    https://splitrockresearch.org/
    http://www.arkdiscovery.com/mt__sinai_found.htm

Against the Hypothesis -

http://www.ldolphin.org/franz-ellawz.html
    https://againstjebelallawz.wordpress.com/jebel-al-lawz/

I offer the following evidence for your review.

13. SetiAlpha6 Come Let Us Reason Together Valued Senior Member

14. SetiAlpha6 Come Let Us Reason Together Valued Senior Member

15. SetiAlpha6 Come Let Us Reason Together Valued Senior Member

16. SetiAlpha6 Come Let Us Reason Together Valued Senior Member

003) GOOGLE EARTH - MOUNTAIN OF GOD AND HEBREW CAMP

17. SetiAlpha6 Come Let Us Reason Together Valued Senior Member

004) GOOGLE EARTH – BLACKENED PEAK FROM THE PRESENCE OF GOD

Now Mount Sinai was all in smoke because the Lord descended upon it in fire; and its smoke ascended like the smoke of a furnace, and the whole mountain quaked violently. Exodus 19:18
    And to the eyes of the sons of Israel the appearance of the glory of the Lord was like a consuming fire on the mountain top. Exodus 24:17

GOOGLE EARTH COORDINATES >

JABAL AL LAWZ SECONDARY PEAK – JABAL MAQLA (MOUNT SINAI)
    28°35'45.26"N 35°20'3.76"E

Last edited: Jan 28, 2020
  18. SetiAlpha6 Come Let Us Reason Together Valued Senior Member

19. SetiAlpha6 Come Let Us Reason Together Valued Senior Member

20. SetiAlpha6 Come Let Us Reason Together Valued Senior Member

21. SetiAlpha6 Come Let Us Reason Together Valued Senior Member

008) THE SUMMIT IS BLACKENED ONLY ON THE SURFACE

22. SetiAlpha6 Come Let Us Reason Together Valued Senior Member

009) BLACKENED SUMMIT - VIEW OF THE CAMP & GOLDEN CALF ALTAR

23. SetiAlpha6 Come Let Us Reason Together Valued Senior Member

010) GOOGLE EARTH - MOUNTAIN OF GOD AND HEBREW CAMP

In the third month after the sons of Israel had gone out of the land of Egypt, on that very day they came into the wilderness of Sinai. When they set out from Rephidim, they came to the wilderness of Sinai and camped in the wilderness; and there Israel camped in front of the mountain. Exodus 19:1-2

GOOGLE EARTH COORDINATES >

HEBREW CAMP AREA NEAR THE BASE OF THE MOUNTAIN OF GOD
    NEAR THE GOLDEN CALF ALTAR
    28°34'59.28"N 35°23'38.33"E

MASSIVE HEBREW CAMP AREA EAST OF THE GOLDEN CALF ALTAR
    28°34'32.95"N 35°26'24.29"E

ADDITIONAL AREA AVAILABLE FOR THE HEBREW CAMP FURTHER EAST
    28°34'9.70"N 35°31'37.46"E