Did Nothing Create Everything?

Discussion in 'Religion' started by SetiAlpha6, Oct 21, 2019.

1. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

And, you know that how exactly?

Perfectly? Lol. And, you know that how exactly? And, all the other scholars in the world don't know that?

Fox news? Lol

Those are non-science, religiously biased sites. Why would anyone give them any credibility?

That's fine, but they show no evidence. They're just places on the Earth.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. SetiAlpha6 Come Let Us Reason Together Valued Senior Member

DaveC426913 likes this.
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. SetiAlpha6 Come Let Us Reason Together Valued Senior Member

Ok, no problem! You can certainly pretend that none of it exists if you would like to. That seems to be the main approach for most folks here. Just stay with the herd.

8. SetiAlpha6 Come Let Us Reason Together Valued Senior Member

Yes, they are certainly educated more than I am.
    Scholars do disagree about almost everything you can think of on the topic.

9. SetiAlpha6 Come Let Us Reason Together Valued Senior Member

I don’t know, and I mean that!

This stuff is probably beyond me.

But, how do we prove that Quantum Foam ever existed?

Thank You!

10. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

We can't and don't. As I said this is still speculative science and before that first planck instant of time at t+10-43 seconds and at the quantum/Planck level/era that we can only as yet speculate on. Of course while the Catholic church recognises the BB, they also understand that it does not go back to the exact instant, and they [speculatively of course] put that down to the work of God or whatever.

11. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Yeah, I and every other scholar who understands Egyptian history and literature are pretending. Good one. I understand those places exist, but just because they exist isn't evidence of the Exodus.

12. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

The important thing is that they disagree with you, that they know far more than you, that they understand Egyptian history and literature far better than you. It's no different than if you were saying the Earth was flat and you have plenty of evidence.

13. SetiAlpha6 Come Let Us Reason Together Valued Senior Member

Ok, great! Since you already know about them.
    That should mean that I can ask you questions about the specific Sites to get your own opinion on specific details.

Do you mind if I do that?

14. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Sure, go right ahead.

15. sideshowbob Sorry, wrong number. Valued Senior Member

Indeed, your standard of evidence is very low.
    Who knew how the pharaoh would react? Remember that he did send his army to bring the Hebrews back. It would have been quite a gamble for any non-Hebrew slaves to pretend to be Hebrews.

16. SetiAlpha6 Come Let Us Reason Together Valued Senior Member

17. billvon Valued Senior Member

You can believe whatever you like, of course. But by the standards you just used, it would be simple to prove that the Harry Potter series was real. (After all, London exists - and so do owls!)

18. SetiAlpha6 Come Let Us Reason Together Valued Senior Member

Right, they had no way of knowing Pharaoh would pursue them, so they had no reason not to leave along with the Israelites.

There were different classes of workers/slaves.

Some probably enjoyed their lives in Egypt very much and did not want to leave.

But if they were beaten, abused, degraded, and stripped of all humanity, why would they stay and continue to be treated like dogs, when an opportunity came up to be set free?

I would leave if I were them!

19. SetiAlpha6 Come Let Us Reason Together Valued Senior Member

Last edited: Jan 21, 2020
  20. billvon Valued Senior Member

I did. That is a list of accounts of historical events that are also mentioned in the Bible.

Let's look at Harry Potter.

Harry Potter's owl is named Hedwig. Made up name? Definitely not! St. Hedwig was a woman who devoted her life to the protection of the poor orphans and widows - just like Harry Potter! If you don't believe me, check out https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hedwig_of_Silesia. See, there is proof that Harry Potter is true.

Harry Potter's Patronus is a deer. Plain old fiction? Again, no. Deer are an essential part of Celtic mythology. They represent purity, and the appearance of a deer represents the beginning of a quest - which Harry Potter was definitely on. More proof that Harry Potter is true.

If you want to, check out https://www.thethings.com/15-historical-references-harry-potter-fans-probably-missed/. It's a list of historical events and people that are also mentioned in the Harry Potter series.

21. sideshowbob Sorry, wrong number. Valued Senior Member

As I already mentioned, the Bible says no such thing. You can make up any kind of nonsense you want but it doesn't support the Bible at all.

22. SetiAlpha6 Come Let Us Reason Together Valued Senior Member

Thank You! You are very Kind!
    I will put together something so I can get your opinion on it.

23. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Yes, thank you for that source, have a look at what it says...

Ipuwer Papyrus – poem describing Egypt as afflicted by natural disasters and in a state of chaos. The document is dated to around 1250 BCE[22] but the content is thought to be earlier, dated back to the Middle Kingdom, though no earlier than the late Twelfth Dynasty.[23] Once thought to describe the biblical Exodus, it is now considered the world's earliest known treatise on political ethics, suggesting that a good king is one who controls unjust officials, thus carrying out the will of the gods.