Did Nothing Create Everything?

Discussion in 'Religion' started by SetiAlpha6, Oct 21, 2019.

1. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

They are still on their way and it may take longer than expected but they will get there.
    Alex

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

No doubt the compressed remains of a previous stage of an eternal universe as all here agree the idea of our present stage of the universe is most unlikely to come from nothing unless you introduce magic ...
    There is speculation that the universe cycles and I must say that sounds reasonable but perhaps unacceptable to anyone who wants a creator...
    I expect we will have an answer tomorrow or the next day.
    In the beginning there was no beginning only the end of the previous beginning ending in another beginning. It's like a circle and we have all seen a circle so it must be that way.
    Alex

Last edited: Nov 9, 2019
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

How many years in an eternity?
    Alex

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. SetiAlpha6 Come Let Us Reason Together Valued Senior Member

I was just having a little fun!

Xelasnave.1947 likes this.
  8. davewhite04 Valued Senior Member

See James you need to think deeper... think who you are? you as a person, what drives you? Arguments? Answering jewellery questions? You really think you cease to exist when that bag of bones you're living in rots or is burnt? I think therefore I am.. applies to all living things including blades of grass. It's just another role James, might be best if you didn't know your last roles, bad acting or whatever.

Sorry the question is pages back...

Not sure what would be interesting, but do you know how much of quantum physics is based on unobserved space, whatever you want to call it.

I understand, you are not meant to discover eternity in this lifetime, unless you forget about everything you thought you knew.

9. TheFrogger Banned Valued Senior Member

Have you read Gideon's Bible Xelasnave?

"Later she [Eve] gave birth to his [Cain's] Brother, Abel....."-The Bible.

I suppose that's just made up is it?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I don't need Sigmund Fraud to tell me what's what. I discovered the complex myself (otherwise it wouldn't work.)

The purpose of intercourse is procreation: that's it's USE. Anything else is ab-use. After a certain amount of thought we may conclude it's actual use, is love. Ab-use is hate. When you hate someone wholly, you would kill them, and then comes love, and then ab-use.

These are the conclusions I have drawn. This is why I'm most interested in the thoughts YOU have, not you reciting the thoughts of others, who are probably wrong (do you honestly believe that many thoughts will not be disproven in 1000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 years?)

Truth must be true FOREVER.

10. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

No.
    I suppose you are correct.
    They certainly seem original.
    Well I would have thought my eternal universe is mine in so far as that approach fits neither of the two most popular approaches to cosmology...and of course I am thinking big bang theory and creation by a god.
    Nevertheless I expect I may have seen the idea someplace and thought that yes I like that and adopted it. But I do feel I have thoughts I don't notice in others...good thoughts..I believe...
    I never said I thought such a thing but I can tell you that I doubt if humans will exist past another 5 billion years and I base that on the indication we get from astronomy that our Sun has a finite life in its present form and of course it's demise suggests we will die perhaps well before it does...but let me comment on your reasonable observation that many thoughts will change in the future...many no doubt will...history tells us that...religion has changed..once early humans found spirituality in the animals they hunted or observed and changed to Sun worship when the ceased to be hunters and became farmers...and as they became more sophisticated saw gods in the planets, and later still invented many human gods based on the astrology they had invented from watching the night sky.
    And so today the theist finds no link between his spirituality and that of a Sun worshipper from the most distant past but in fact they perhaps share the same desire to offer an explanation of the universe with the limited information they have/ had at the time and a desire to respect whatever force they suspect is responsible for their existence.
    So the thoughts have changed.
    The big bang theory has changed in the short time it has existed and I expect it will change further in the future.
    I agree but let's face it humans have not been around all that long and their truth will be adjusted as they learn more...As you know I expect humans once thought disease was caused by demons...they knew there was a cause and that being sick was not the normal condition they would expect and so they sort an explanation I guess...and at the time someone thought a demon must be the cause...and of course today we now know that demon is in fact little germs. So those thoughts, reasonable in their day and an attempt to offer a cause have been changed due to our discovery of germs.
    And the thought once was the Earth was flat which certainly was what most observation would suggest but those thoughts changed as folk thought deeper and made more detailed observations. ..and the truth was certainly the Earth could be said to be flat and that was the truth but now that truth has to be adjusted to embrace the fact that we are indeed on a body that can be loosely called a globe...so both hold their truth for the understanding of the times...and perhaps my lack of enchantment with the God story is I find it unreasonable to accept a truth as understood by folk from thousands of years ago trying to answer questions that really we still have not answered today but certainly find ourselves much closer to the truth...and certainly their truth and our truth are now some distance apart and in two thousand years from now who knows what truth humans will proclaim truth.
    We need to look to the future not to the past and recognise that perhaps the claims by the annonomous authors from the bronze Age although well intentioned are not the explanations we can accept given our increased knowledge..germs have improved the demon idea and if we are to look to the past we can only keep what is truth today.

I do believe that we need to hold values founded in kindness, humility, tolerance and conservative consumption and thought...why? well the simple answer is such values perhaps offer the best way to see the human race avoid extinction ...which is of course the rule of all species existence...being decent is a sensible way to look after the species and promotes caring for the group rather than just individuals and one could think taking care of the group in time will benefit each individual.
    Again it is a pleasure to discuss these interesting concepts with you.
    I hope you have a wonderful day.
    Alex

11. TheFrogger Banned Valued Senior Member

Once again, do YOU have anything to offer to the conversation, or are you simply going to regurgitate other people's thoughts (that are in fact false?)

12. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

Hi Dave, sorry to but in however I must ask what do you know about quantum mechanics /physics do you think that the science sets out a basis that any thing is possible.
    Alex

13. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

Not a thing....so what have you got?
    And being confrontational with me will not work so get over it and we can play nicely.
    Alex

14. Seattle Valued Senior Member

Five billion years!

Of course anything is possible but since we have only been around 200,000 years or so or no more than 1.5 million possibly if you want to go back to homo erectus, I think we will be gone long before that.

Other than bacteria, I don't think anything has been around for even 1 billion years.

I don't think Earth will even be habitable by humans for another 5 billion years. The Sun continues to get hotter as it burns though its hydrogen so I don't think life will be possible for more than a couple of billion and any one species as complex as man isn't likely to be around for more than a million years if that.

That's not even taking into account collisions from space, nuclear war, etc. My guess would be that it would be less than a few million at best.

15. TheFrogger Banned Valued Senior Member

I notice, Xelasnave, that you are a Male and your parting is on the right.

Straight males part on the left, straight females on the right.

Just something else that remains true FOREVER.

16. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

I absolutely agree but I was trying to keep it simple for the young fella.
    Alex

Seattle likes this.
  17. TheFrogger Banned Valued Senior Member

You have written that the Bible is, "made up" yet you admit that you haven't even read it.

18. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

That's interesting.

Is that how you tell.

What else do you know about homosexuals?

I can't part my hair on the left cause it won't lay flat at the back.

Sometimes I part my hair in the middle..sometimes just comb it straight back what does that mean on your judgement? And at one time I had a mohawk ... And I am thinking going there again...maybe total shaved head...I don't know what do you think?

I think that at my age I am very lucky to have any hair and certainly that it's black.

You remind me of a nice chap who used to come here ...he presented under different names but I liked when he called himself ...the god...he seemed a lonley guy in need of attention probably young like yourself and he liked to pull my leg just like you ... So I think you may be a good replacement for him. He was on his account a good chess player..are you a good chess player..I bet you are.

What do you think about nothing?
    Alex

19. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

I made no such addmission.
    You asked about a particular version which I have not read...however I have read other versions, or rather just one version ...the King James...all of it..cover to cover..not just the bits preachers pick out ..all of it...have you ever read a bible Cover to Cover...I bet you haven't as you wouldn't believe in a god anymore...

And why wouldn't you say it's made up, some one made it up ... Do you know where the flood story came from? Do you know where the garden of Eden story came from? Do you know where Moses came from...do you know anything or do you just go off what others tell you..well I guess you must otherwise why would you accuse me of such thinking when all I demonstrate is opposite to your allegation? Why? I will tell you why..you see in me an ability to think for myself and you just wish you could be like me and think for yourself...
    And look I am happy to help you..first read the Bible Cover to Cover and then start reading history, the Sumerians, the Eygptians and study how folk worshipped animals because they were hunters, and the Sun because they were farmers and how humans invented human gods based on astrology...and learn to think for yourself and who knows you can end up as wonderful as me..that's what you want right.
    Tell me what are your views on General Relativity?
    Alex

20. SetiAlpha6 Come Let Us Reason Together Valued Senior Member

Regarding “anywhere else”?

If you are interested, you could also review the “Brooklyn Papyrus”. It is an Egyptian servant list with 70% of them being Semitic names. Within that list are a few Hebrew names that are also found in the Bible.

Hebrew names from that list include...
    Munahhima and Asra, the names of two of the tribes of Israel.

Siprah, one of the Hebrew midwives in the Exodus account.

These are the names of Hebrew slaves and they are written down in an Egyptian document.

Another document for your review, if you wish to, would be the “Ipuwer Papyrus”.

It describes a complex scene that very closely parallels the descriptions given in the Bible for the Plagues of the Exodus, but it is from an Egyptian perspective.

21. sideshowbob Sorry, wrong number. Valued Senior Member

He went to Midian by himself to avoid murder charges. He married there and had a family. But where does it say he led the Israelites there?

22. sideshowbob Sorry, wrong number. Valued Senior Member

23. sideshowbob Sorry, wrong number. Valued Senior Member

You're shooting yourself in the foot. If there are Semitic writings all over the place, why do you cherry-pick one example to locate the Exodus route?

And I'll ask you again, Why would the Israelites detour so far out of their way to Saudi Arabia?