Did Jesus really exist?

Discussion in 'History' started by aaqucnaona, Jun 12, 2012.

1. keith1 Guest

People rose up in arms, to stop the "Qu**ker Oats Co." from further broadcasting the TV commercial of "Popeye the Sailor" spitting out spinach and promoting oatmeal instead.
    Icons (mythic or not) are hard to eliminate, once in the public registers.

And the public bought into the "Pet Rock" craze in a big way.

The government or status quo is not afraid of David Copperfield making a jet plane disappear. Everybody knows he's a magician. Carnival tent faith-healers are also not widely feared as a threat to the state.
    Copernicus for removing the Earth as the center of the Universe....that's another matter.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2012
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Aqueous Id flat Earth skeptic Valued Senior Member

In that case knowledge91 might not have caught my drift either. I'll explain:

k91 said

which might mean

I don't know what prophet said men are superior to women. That might be a clue.

But I guess we're not even supposed to understand what this means, and particularly what kind of insult it's supposed to convey.

It occurred to me that k91's mode of always being unclear led to actually leaving the word out, as if by Freudian slip.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Of course we could plug in other words and phrases and continue to guess what it means.

How about

care

:shrug:

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. aaqucnaona This sentence is a lie Valued Senior Member

Oh, nice! Its still pretty cool you caught that. I yearn for the day I can do that.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. kx000 Valued Senior Member

Let me rephrase. WHO THE HELL IN THEIR RIGHT MIND WOULD BELIEVE A MAN CLAIMING TO BE A PROPHET WHEN HE SAYS MEN GOOD.... WOMEN.... BADDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HISSSSS????

This would make me think that the bible is written in hand by either idiot liars, or by scheming liars.

8. wellwisher Banned Banned

That is old testament, Jesus was new testament.

The fact the remains, Christianity has perpetuated for 2000 years constantly growing over time. How do you explain that?

If you look at a best seller movie, song, book, etc,, it may become popular for weeks or months, but then it decays with time, until it is swallowed by the next fads. Among all the thousands of units, there are some classics which last, but are often not appreciated by all, especially those who follow the cutting edge.

Yet Christianity perpetuated and stayed fresh. How do you explain this, if it is so easy to just reason away?

When Richard Dawkings dies he will be a footnote in history. What would it take to expand his following for 2000 years until he has 1Billion followers? You need perspective to answer such questions. Propaganda is too limited.

9. kx000 Valued Senior Member

Your bring up an excellent point. A church of child molesters who claims they KNOW what God wants, more so than the church of women haters is more important to human civilization than food and shelter for all. Derp derp derp :bawl:

10. Epictetus here & now Registered Senior Member

And let's not forget Voltaire: "If God did not exist, it would be necessary to invent Him." (Si Dieu n'existait pas, il faudrait l'inventer)

11. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Here a list of similar prophets/gods. Zoroaster story is most similar to Jesus and he predate Jesus by 6 centuries, but it should be pointed out that Zoroaster claimed three Saoyoshants (Saviors) would arise from his lineage, all born of virgins... hum. Then 6th centuries later someone is "born of a virgin" like Zoroaster, does most of the same things a Zoroaster and says most of the same things as Zoroaster, either Jesus was based on Zoroaster, its a coincidence or Zoroastrianism is the one true religion!