Did I just anticipate this "radical new quantum theory"?

Discussion in 'General Science & Technology' started by cosmictotem, Nov 5, 2014.

1. cosmictotem Registered Senior Member

Abstract: https://journals.aps.org/prx/abstract/10.1103/PhysRevX.4.041013

"We demonstrate, first, that it can be used to calculate quantum ground states, and second, that it is capable of reproducing, at least qualitatively, the double-slit interference phenomenon."

Articles:

http://phys.org/news/2014-10-interacting-worlds-theory-scientists-interaction.html

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/11/04/parallel-universes-quantum-mechanics-theory_n_6091438.html

In the graphic below, which I posted in 2012 on these forums (and also suggested in other threads I can provide), I suggested some quantum phenomenon might be explained by or eluded a common sense explanation because they were "leakage" from nearby universes we had failed to take into account and whose quanta were able to interact with quanta from our own or even the same quanta were able to skip between the two nearby universes.

Granted I did not use the proper terminology (by "spectrum of existence" I was referring to different universes) but I'm basically concluding the same thing (at least in part) albeit in a less formal and non-professional way. (Note: sorry for the spelling errors in the graphic, only caught them after I saved it. Also for the confusing use of the word "frequency"..should have maybe said "plane of existence", "multi-verse", or something... A "spectrum of existence" is the sub-universe or multi-verse that any specific entity exists and predominantly interacts within... )

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Last edited: Nov 5, 2014
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Jake Arave Ethologist Registered Senior Member

Bold and radical statements like this are just so hard to prove. I really wish there was something to substantiate these claims, but that proof just doesn't exist at this time. I am able to enjoy the critical thinking that went into this, but as I said, there just isn't the proof necessary for me to hop on board.

cosmictotem likes this.
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. cosmictotem Registered Senior Member

Whose claims? Mine or the scientists?

I'm not saying there is proof yet. I'm just excited that some scientists might be exploring something very similar to what I suggested two years before.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Jake Arave Ethologist Registered Senior Member

The scientists'.
    I agree, it's definitely something to think about - even if I don't agree with the statements that were made.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

cosmictotem likes this.