Desription and arguement - el Infinite

Discussion in 'Physics & Math' started by Quantum Quack, Jun 13, 2008.

1. Tnerb Banned Banned

Hi P_J; QQ.

I believe what he is claiming is that a mind can effect another mind and at a high level. I am not aware of this high level in your conversations, however, I am aware I think of what he is proposing.

That said, is there anything left I can say?
    What I believe he is saying is
    one That if the body is the source of life
    two That if minds exist only as memory
    three If all of these things can be concieved of at a certain extent and proven to be true then the mind in this way is shown to allow certain break outs.
    Just an opinion okay?
    But durring these statements being proved what will happen is you'll find of course he is thinking that and knows sincerely that telepathy is real. That is another thread once again. Perhaps I should start that thread. Of course QQ will likly not post as I am currupting his valid data by even posting this right here... *pant*
    If he can read your mind and go inside of you to do things to your body then it is a for sure thing that physics is having a lot on it's hands.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

(irrelevant post)

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

deleted voluntarilly with appologies

Last edited: Jun 15, 2008
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

Sisyphus,
    I have not been talking about anything else but the what was stated in the OP with the exception that we have included time instead of just mass .

I am not discussing Zero Point Theory and if anything I am attempting to help PJ get over his incredible use of infinity. [ unfortunately I have failed and will learn from the experience]

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

deleted voluntarilly with applogies

8. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

It certainly isn't a contradiction in terms. And event horizon that exists between future and past is in continuous change which is why it exists as we see it [ duh continuous change is what we see is it not] all you are doing is highlighting your inability to understand what a continuous event horizon is. if the change is not continuous then the universe would cease to exist. As once you stop energy from moving therfore changing it is over red rover.

Which is exactly what the light cones decribe. [ quite correctly imo]

Now if you can't get your head around the logic of a continuous event horizon that has zero stasis [ therefore the point at the horizon has zero duration] then that's a problem you gotta work on...
    Of course if you are fixated on an "infinitesimal time segment" then you will never be able to get your head around it. Remember the story about the natives and the tall ships that they failed to see due to preconceptions..well a bullet in the head fixed that one...
    You see I understand your position and have declined to agree because it is unworkable therefore unexplainable however you have failed to indicate any understanding of the light cones so it is little wonder you cannot grasp any of what I am saying.

I look forward to your explanation of how possibilities just "miraculously" appear when according to you every time moment for all of eternity is static and unchanging.

9. Prince_James Plutarch (Mickey's Dog) Registered Senior Member

Sisyphus:

Yeah, at this point, I don't think that QH is doing anything regarding mind. You shold make anothre thread about that, though.

10. Prince_James Plutarch (Mickey's Dog) Registered Senior Member

Quantum Heraclitus:

How can something with zero duration have change? Change takes place over long time spans.

Possibilities propel time along by virtue of the necessity of possibilities (in order to be possible) to manifest. As not all probabilities can exist at any given time (water cannot be ice, water, or steam at once) it requires more than one instance. As such, time is the unravelling of possibilities ad eterniam (as somethingness cannot vanish and if once possible than it always is). Time is what permits space to undergo change. Without it, existence would be an eternal frozen picture.

Moreover, possibilities are needed because infinity (which is made up of an infinite amount of parts) is prior to finiteness (in as much as existence as such is infinite).

11. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

have already explained how.....

12. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

define your use of "long time spans" before I go onto a rant.

13. Prince_James Plutarch (Mickey's Dog) Registered Senior Member

Quantum Quack:

At least two moments.

There is no change in one moment. The next moment will have some change from the first one, though.

Two moments = minimum of change. Most real change, however, occurs over an unimaginable amount of moments. Throwing a baseball, for instance.

14. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

so assuming a photon travels across vacant space how many segments of the photons travel are there. Or should I ask instead :
    Do you think the photon stops and starts through it's journey across space?

15. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

and where did you dig this stuff up James, sounds facinating....

16. Prince_James Plutarch (Mickey's Dog) Registered Senior Member

Quantum Heraclitus:

It doesn't stop and start. It goes through sequences of moments.

The movement is uniform, but time is made up of segments.

If a moment of time = space then it requires two moments in order to have change (as space cannot change in one moment).

17. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

and you believe this to be absolutely true? Yes?

18. Prince_James Plutarch (Mickey's Dog) Registered Senior Member

Quantum Heraclitus:

I am convinced of it, yes. I have no doubts, but I am open to refutation.

19. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

How can movement be uniform if it is made up of static moments? just curious

20. Prince_James Plutarch (Mickey's Dog) Registered Senior Member

Quantum Heraclitus:

It never "skips" space. It is continuous - it is a flow. The infinitesimal moments of time are simply the smallest segments of time and change that it goes through it. In essence: It is very single "step" of the way.

21. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

I'll make a suggestion,

that we both contribute to a thread that asks the board to make a comparative assessment.
    Your static momento and my continuum of change via an event horizon...using the light cones as an example...

what do ya think?

22. Prince_James Plutarch (Mickey's Dog) Registered Senior Member

Quantum Heraclitus:

To be quite honest, I see no rational reason to do as such. Votes do not determine reality and winning such means nothing.

This is the fallacy of appealing to the gallery. I'm not primarily interested in winning games of popular opinion. If anything, I am opposed to it for moral reasons.

If you really really really want to do it, I'll do it. But I see no reason. If we do it, however, I'd ask that we both write up exactly what we are postulating. Interpretations necessarily are biased. But again, I do not want to do it.

23. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

what say we just think on it for a while hey?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

but until we do I see no point in continuing this discussion....do you?