Defending a belief rather than defending the pursuit of truth

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by Quantum Quack, Jun 30, 2013.

1. AlexG Like nailing Jello to a tree Valued Senior Member

Right, it's not Quack, its everyone else.

Talk about projection...

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

If only what you say is true, but unfortunately your presumption is unjustifiable and unsupportable where as mine is.

There has been absolutely no support offered to prop up the definition of energy by any of you.

and you consider "the call to the authority" of a million flies eating sh*t has some sort of value!
    Sh*t is sh*t no matter how many people eat it... it is still sh*t...

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

try and prove Richard Feynman wrong.

Defend your belief as your paranoia requires.
    And if you can't you will switch to Character assassination tactics instead....

well...your paranoid challenge is to destroy R.Feynman's credibility like you already have by default been trying to do by attacking me instead of the issue

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. AlexG Like nailing Jello to a tree Valued Senior Member

Quack, you're truly a quack.

8. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

coming from you , I take that as a compliment....

9. Aqueous Id flat Earth skeptic Valued Senior Member

Try and prove what 'right' means in the context of jaded cynicism and the refusal to entertain even a child's level of curiosity of the world around you. Then, when you've gotten past that hurdle, try and prove that Feynman never defined energy in his many years of physics scholarship. Instead of quote mining, and glossing over the career of a person who developed his faculties to the point of speaking volumes in small statements, instead of pretending to know who he was and -especially- what he stood for, try emulating him even microscopically. Do you think he was born with physics already planted in his brain? Do you actually believe he achieved what he did by perching in a tree and squawking at everyone who passed by? Instead of painting the entire world of knowledge over with infantile claims that knowledge and belief are the same thing, why not lift a finger to pull a definition of the thing you say is undefined and try to reconcile what Feynman was driving at other then glorifying your personal pursuit of deliberate ignorance.

Defend ignorance over the pursuit of knowledge, defend the fear of opening a book and reading the definition of an atom, defend the fear of answering the mail that knowledge arises out of evidence, and defend refusing to explain why you have had a fear of learning first principles since the first feedings began in your early school classes.

If you post crap, you can expect a few people to come along and tell you it stinks. Or did you lead such a sheltered life that you never learned to accept constructive criticism and change your behavior when it was repeatedly shown to be harmful to your intellectual health?

It's you who attacked his credibility in your OP. According to you he knows nothing, he merely holds beliefs, and therefore you are contradicting yourself by now arguing from authority. In your world there is no authority, just laziness and ignorance.

No one is attacking you but yourself. There is nothing anyone can add to what you have already posted to to make you look more ridiculous than what you have already admitted to.

10. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

Can you see the co-relation between the Uncertainty Principle and the impossibility of ever discovering a single truth?

11. Aqueous Id flat Earth skeptic Valued Senior Member

In your world there is no authority from which to claim any such knowledge. You have made Heisenberg equivalent to a drunk sleeping under a bridge, so why pretend there is some intelligent discourse in play? You have to rewind, back to the meaning of evidence and its role in distinguishing belief from knowledge. At this point you have no basis for claiming human intelligence even exists. Anyway, you need to stick with first principles. First go find the evidence by which scientists ever claimed there were atoms in the first place. Leave the more esoteric parts of science for the day you've developed the chops to chew it and digest it.

12. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

I am confident that somewhere in your vitriolic diatribe are the words "no I don't."

13. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

ahh here they are is (oops!) are...

14. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

yeah I think he (Richard Feynman) got it pretty right when he said :
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Energy
    I'd take a leaf out of R Feynman book if I was you... you seem to think he was an idiot.

this is actually a very telling statement... thanks, I need to consider the deeper subconscious ramblings hiding behind it.

of course, what else is knowledge but qualified belief?
    try this:
    "Truth is a term that is an absolute in context where as belief is an infinite variable...."
    The only "thing " that can be defined in absolute terms is Zero [ void, nothingness ]
    so it follows that the only truth is zero [ void, nothingness ]
    as everything else is a variable.
    The sum of all truth = zero.

So Truth is impossible to find because it simply does not exist in a way that can be found, however our Egos are destined to search for it for eternity because that is what the ego is - belief and the egoistic belief in the existence of truth.

Ego
    "A monolith of extraordinary proportions
    a statement to histories plan
    a show case of deluded distortion
    the insignificance of man."
    qq 1991​

15. Aqueous Id flat Earth skeptic Valued Senior Member

To what end? He's out of your reach. You need to matriculate to the lowest level science curriculum before you can hope to comprehend Feynman. Quoting him is pretense, since you have no foundations in science from which to interpret his meaning.

You seem to think you know what I think. So far we haven't even established whether you can think, since all you are admitting to so far is abject ignorance.

You need to ramble right over to the nearest bookstore or library, or any suitable site that promotes learning, and catch up with the skills imparted to children in even some of the most remote and backwards regions of the world.

In your world of perfect ignorance. Otherwise you have to go with the definition as it applies in the real world.

To purport to hold truth sacred while suppressing your own education is, among other things, hypocrisy, just as the entire premise here, that your jaded beliefs trump all of science, indicts yourself under the premise you initially raised in the OP,

"microscopy
    spectroscopy
    calibration
    high contrasty
    Father, why do these words seem so nasty?"

c.f. Hair, 1968 (expletives deleted)

16. Username Registered Senior Member

Wait, so QQ is claiming that not even the truth about anything is obtainable? Wow!

Although for some reason I am not surprised.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

17. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

Uhm... so defending a belief is all you can do yes?

18. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

What makes us think this thread and topic is about me?
    It is a general comment directed to every one in the hope that it would invite discussion...
    What do WE want to achieve at this forum?

"It is never about YOU or ME it is always about US and WE "
    Psychology 101

19. Username Registered Senior Member

This is why I find your thread to be so funny, and amusing, because you categorize belief with connotations. Meaning, it holds more that one meaning.

Since you created this thread, you will need to define the type of belief you referring too.

20. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

and you believe in what you wrote? [ and will defend it no doubt ]

21. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

**waits for a belief defense... to prove my point...
    and show a general reluctance to discover the truth about this thread and topic

"It is never about YOU or ME it is always about US and WE ~ qq 1993 "
    Psychology 101

22. Username Registered Senior Member

Since you don't take anything you post seriously. I don't know why you would expect a serious response.

... and since I don't know what it is you want me to respond too .... I guess it will just remain a mystery. That only the Quantum Quack has the answers too.

23. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

This issue has been discussed, no doubt, off and on for thousand of years by some of the worlds greatest thinkers and some of the worlds dumbest thinkers and you believe some how that I just invented it out of no where...

That was a terrible defense btw, I am sure you can do better than that... hint: it has to be grounded in reality to be effective...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!