Death Note Gay Scene

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by lixluke, Jul 11, 2008.

1. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

I never read the book, but I've seen the entire anime series, and I have been wondering about the gay scene.

SPOILER:
    After L and Light came out from the rain, they were on the stairs having ubergay fun. What was up with that? Did L detect some sort of gay attraction from Light, and was attempting to use it to his investigative advantage? Or were they really total gaylords?

Light Yagami
    Yag a mi = Im a gay

Last edited: Jul 11, 2008
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. draqon Banned Banned

geee...only a gay dude would notice something like that, no Yugumi is not gay

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

Well according to the internet, it's spelled Yagami, but that whole gay scene still makes no sense. What happened in the book? Did they explain it? Furthermore, it's not that hard for anybody to notice them frolicking around in the stairs.

8. Pandaemoni Valued Senior Member

The kanji for Yagami, I'm told mean "night" and "god". I think you have to reach to find a homosexual theme in Death Note, though is there were one, why would that affect one's enjoyment of the series. I can see both Light and L engaging in consensual sex if they both thought it would give them a tactical advantage over the other.

9. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

You don't think it would have an effect if they were gay? Mellow seems to be the gayest one, but that still doesn't explain that gay scene btw Light and L.

Here's the proof:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7Ij89nk0vI&feature=related

I enjoy back massage by dudes or girls. But a foot massage is gay city.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2008
  10. Reiku Banned Banned

Rather oxymoronic...

11. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

Well I noticed it so that's bullcrap. Not that I have anything against gays.
    I don't see how anybody could not notice it. Maybe a gay person would not notice anything about it.

I was watching it, and I was like "what the hell is he doing?". And the question remains. What the hell was that?

12. CutsieMarie89 Zen Registered Senior Member

I think it was more so fan service than having anything to do with the plot.

13. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

Gay fan service?
    It still doesn't explain what the author was implying about Light and L.

14. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

I get it now! It wasn't a gay scene at all or a biblical allusion. It was done as fanservice to females who enjoy that sort of male intimacy. Just like some of the scenes in the Tom Cruise/Brad Pitt - Interview With a Vampire movie.

15. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

the gay scenes?