...Dear Abby,

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Teri, Nov 28, 2001.

1. Neb Registered Senior Member

No I wouldn't really, I can get satisfaction out of pleasuring the girl, but it would be a devastating loss.

"(From what i've heard men are not nearly as interested in sex as the women are after the age of, say 40.)"

I will be interested in having sex until i'm on my death bed, in fact my dying wish would be to have sex, it would be a great way to go.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

You men shouldn't believe everything you hear.

Why can't you have sex any more after the age of 40? Rididculous!
    It is what you yourself make of it and it is not true. If you have a good lovelife and you are not bored with eachother, you can have a good lovelife and sex til you die.

It happens often that man and woman are married for quite a long period when they are older then 40-45 years and have to work all day.
    Then they come home, eat and go hanging before the television til it is time to go to sleep. And men are tired of working and the women are tired of working and/or keeping up the work in the house and with the children.
    After 10-15 years of marriage the men and women are so used to one another that they go to sleep because they have to get up early in the mornig to go to work and take care of the house and children again.
    Then the attention to eachother and keeping up with their lovelife gets in the background.
    Sometimes you hear they have sex every Saturday or Sunday, because of that. Just sex, has nothing to do so much with love then I think.

Love has to do with keep on talking and paying attention to eachother, then your sex life will go smoothly til your death.

Unless there is another reason you can't have sex any more because of an illness, but then again, there are other way's to keep on having a very good love life without the actual deed of sex and satisfaction because of a penis.

There are very good examples in the above replies...

Try to love somebody...no one should stay all alone in this life.
    Most of the time you find the love of your life while you are not looking for it...

Good luck and love to everyone...

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Neb Registered Senior Member

Well said Banshee, sex is not love, people in love have sex, but thats not what love is.(Its just a great bonus)

I don't know who thought you'd lose your interest in sex after 40yrs of age, maybe you already have lost the interest to be thinking like that.

As long as I enjoy sex i'll be having it, and as we all know sex gets better every time you have it.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Teri Curious Registered Senior Member

Another question

After discussing the problems men may have without the use of their equipment, I wonder whether you guys would consider marrying a woman who admitted to you that she either doesn't want to, can't, or just plain will not have sex with you?

Would it pose a challenge of some sort? Say you've definitely worked out that you're in love (the true kind) and she cannot - for whatever reason - have sex with you, but says to you that she understands that you may have to find relief elsewhere.

You might be thinking if she doesn't want to have sex with you then she mustn't love you, but what about in the case where it's not a matter of choice? Do you think you could be with her for the rest of your life?

I'm curious as to how much importance men place on sex in a marriage. Anyone care to venture an answer?

Cheers
    Teri

8. SeekerOfTruth Unemployed, but Looking Registered Senior Member

First, men tend to place a lot of importance on sex in marriage. Unlike women, for men, sex is one of the few, if not only, way to feel truly intimate with the one you love so to not be able to have sex would mean there would be very limited possibilities of intimacy.

Now by asking if the woman could not have "sex" with a man I need to better understand what you mean by "sex"? Do you specifically mean intercourse or do you mean any type of sexual contact whatsoever? I believe I could still have "sex" with a woman who could not have intercourse, after all, sex encompasses a lot more than just intercourse despite what President Clinton may think.

Now if it was just a decision on her part not to have sex, then I would probably not be able to love her because her decision would not consider my feelings at all, which would tell me that she is not in love with me.

If it was medically based, then I would still be able to love her and we could work out "sex" in some manner that did not necessitate intercourse.

9. Chagur .Seeker. Registered Senior Member

Teri 2 ...

Hummm ... No sex? Therefore, no children.

"Understands ... " Oh? Interesting.

"in love (the 'true' kind)" ... Even more interesting.

Tax advantages aren't that great ...

Hell, get thee to a psychiatrist! And fast!

Either that, or return her to the dog pound.

Take care

10. Captain Canada Stranger in Town Registered Senior Member

You old romantic you....

11. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

SeekerOfTruth, I agree with you in this. Without any kind of 'sex' it will be hard to do to express your feelings of love towards such a woman.

Because you want to show your love and that contains holding and being intimate. Not especially intercourse, but eventhough a way of being intimate. Guess the woman must have this feeling also, 'cause it comes naturally with the feelings of love you have for the other. You just want to be as close as possible and I find it hard to understand that a woman can not be intimate at all with a man.

Medical reasons can play a part in having intercourse, but is no reason to have not a way of being intimate at all. There are more ways of being intimate and very close to eachother then intercourse only. Guess she can do something for the man to give him his sexual relief in another way.

Such women I find hard to understand. Do they really exist Teri?

It seems rather hard and cold to me. That is not real love...

12. Teri Curious Registered Senior Member

I've heard the words "I'd be happy never to have sex again", more than once from women who have been married and have children. I'm pretty sure there are marriages where the sex life does not exist at all and I usually wonder why they stay together. I thought that maybe it's the comfort of being part of a family and not wanting to start all over again.

I couldn't imagine a marriage without any sort of affection, but I have seen people who are like that. Whether ithey stay together is for the sake of the children, I don't know, but I would think the children would have to suffer some sort of psychological effect from being parented by people who don't want to even touch each other.

This topic came to mind when I was with a married couple I know and watched them argue non stop the whole day. I couldn't wait to get away. I still can't understand why they stay together. The woman says that they guy threatens to do her harm if she leaves him, so she stays out of fear but still maintains that there is love for him underneath it all. Maybe you haven't seen that type of relationship and don't know what I'm talking about, but I assure you there are women who feel they have nowhere else to go. It led me to the conclusion that the woman was not showing affection of any kind, and the man's frustrations were turning him into a mean sort of a person. But I still don't know why he won't let her go if he can see that the marriage isn't working. Any ideas?

Cheers
    Teri

13. Chagur .Seeker. Registered Senior Member

Teri 2 ...

Obvious ... They 'love' each other.

Take care.

14. Teri Curious Registered Senior Member

Hi Chagur,

I think I understand. Are you saying that deep, deep, down there is something there they neither of them can control (love) and that without each other they would be miserable?

So by all appearances they look miserable but are actually uniquely 'made for each other'?

Teri

15. Chagur .Seeker. Registered Senior Member

Teri 2 ...

BINGO!

Particularly if a parent of the opposite sex treated them that way when they were children.

Take care.

16. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

Teri, I guess these humans are bored with eachother and don't KNOW how to talk to eachother any more. Not to speak of being kind to eachother.

Obviously they lost contact and live both their own lives NEXT in stead of WITH eachother.

'Two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl...Year after year...Running over the same old ground...What have they found...The same old fears' little quote (slightly changed) by P.Floyd.

They are afraid to separate because they don't have a clue how to live on by themselves when they are all alone.

Big chance they stay alone and grow old all alone. That is the sad part of a marriage in which the love has gone and has become a routine matter. No more affection...just anger and painful words to eachother.

They've lost the ability to communicate and therefor their ability to love eachother.

It happens all the time, with so many, many marrriages all over the world. Because of the pain and lonliness they are feeling within that dead marriage, they start to argue with eachother.

What do they have left, but only that?? It is a way of (bad) communication...

17. Teri Curious Registered Senior Member

Oh well,

I sometimes get the feeling that I've met my 'soul mate' but didn't recognise him at the time.

Does anyone else feel like that?

18. Neb Registered Senior Member

I've been closer to feeling like I already know my soul mate but haven't recongnised them for what they are yet.

19. Teri Curious Registered Senior Member

Neb

I don't know how old you are, but if you're still, say, under 20, do you ever get that flip-flop feeling in your stomach when you spot someone who just knocks your socks off?
    (love at first sight and all that)

I'd love to find that again. But since I don't think I'll find it I wouldn't mind hearing from anyone who's just experienced it.

I'd be even more interested if I found out that turning 20 doesn't end that fire in your stomach when you meet someones eyes across a room.

Ah me.... said Juliette.

Bye now,
    Teri

20. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

Teri, turning 20 doesn't stop that fire. You just run into Love while you least expect it...

At any age. Age has nothing to do with feeling that fire in your stomach. It can happen to you today.

Good luck.

21. Chagur .Seeker. Registered Senior Member

Teri 2 ...

Back in '95, at the tender age of 62, I flipped out on a sweet young thing of 56 ...
    And I mean really! Didn't work out the way I hoped it would, but that's life, and it
    was a great roller coaster ride that surprised the hell out of me because I didn't
    think I still had those feelings in me.

Six years later we're still friends, talk or E-Mail each other at least once a day and
    enjoy each other's company when we get together to do something, almost like
    it is between my ex and me (we've been divorced almost 30 years now) except
    that Nor is more fun most of the time.

Take care.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2001
  22. Neb Registered Senior Member

That Flip Flop Felling

Teri 2, i'm 21, and yeah I still get that flip flop feeling when I see someone, or more usually when I meet someone for the first time and theres something about them that you just can't resist.
    I had that feeling for the person i'm with now,thats why even though nothing happened between us immediatley I knew it was only a matter of time, and hey I was right

The mind and body may grow old but as long as your still young at heart you'll still get that flip flop feeling when you fall in love.

23. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

Teri...

Yeah...That is what I mean.

I am 41, but feel like sweet 16.
    Just stay yourself and the age doesn't count that much. It is your own inner feeling that counts.

Or exactly as Neb says...Stay young at heart.

It can happen to you at any age, if you are least expecting it.

Look at Chagurs story. Don't you think that is great? Never give up and don't shut yourself down for Love, for you will find it...