Dawkins defends comments about "Alien Designers".

Discussion in 'Science & Society' started by clusteringflux, Apr 15, 2008.

1. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Why do I even try to have a reasonable discussion with you?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

"Adolf Hitler, the founder of Nazism, said that all the problems of Germany were the result of Jews plotting against the country. He even said that it was Jewish politicians who arranged the Armistice of 1918, and who allowed Germany to pay massive reparations."

http://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nazism

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Yeah and thiests are plotting to take over eager athiestic scientific minds and destroy science. Being all evil and delusional and violent, all at once.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

The quote was placed there to refute your silly assertion, again. You may troll, but that is your forte every time you get spanked.

8. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

How does it refute my assertion? You proved it.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Unless you think the Jews were plotting against the Nazis?

9. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

But... that's exactly what they do!!!

10. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

See?:shrug:

This is probably why Oxford, where Dawkins is influential is now discouraging religious people in the science departments. Discrimination is already setting in.

No by making distinctions between people based on assumptions.

Here is an example of what I am saying:
    Now I believe history shows that athiests are more likely to become intolerant mass murderers and as Dawkins has already shown himself to be discriminatory, he proves me half right. :shrug:

Its like saying, Jews are fine, if only they weren't Jewish.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2008
  11. CharonZ Registered Senior Member

You mean openly? Well, from those with which I work, essentially no one bothers to declare his religion. What you do not realize is that the situation is mostly a US one. Dawkins and his atheistic movement gets more publicity here than in Europe. The reason for this is that the creationist movement is so strong in the US as compared to, say, Germany, where it is pretty much a non-issue.
    In fact I only know of two German scientists that bother with this particularities. One of them is a creationist and he was shot down not because he wrote creationist stuff on his official homepage, but because he used official logos of his institute to promote his personal opinions. Well shot down is maybe a bit hard. Another guy (an evolutionary biologists) wrote an angry letter about this and that creationist guy had to remove the institute logo from his homepage. Other than that religion is a purely private issue. If there is an appointment it is explicitly forbidden (US or Europe) to ask what religion one has. As I said, there are quite a lot of physicists that are religious even quite a number of prominent ones, as e.g. Davies. Funnily many of them are cosmologists, too. However, in the field of biology it may be more tricky, if the religion that one adheres to explicitly counters current scientific theories with believes. If you work as biochemist or molecular field it may not be an issue. But you simply won't get an appointment as evolutionary biologist. And rightfully so.

12. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

What do you mean see? Creationists have already organized a conspiracy to include their religion in school science classes. They renamed creationism- ID.

13. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

In Oxford?

14. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

They would if they could.

15. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Exactly. :shrug:

16. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Luckily, England has a long history with religious violence, and now they don't take religion seriously. The USA is a different matter.

17. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Past history in atheist ideologies does not inspire any confidence in them either.

18. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Atheism isn't an ideology.

19. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I beg to differ:

Victims of the Khmer Rouge

20. draqon Banned Banned

people never seem to be concise on what God exactly is...why not see these alien designers as God?

21. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

The ideology in this case was Communism, which manifested with a religious fervor.

22. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

By athiests who killed to eradicate religion.

23. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

So there forth all atheist believe they must kill all theist, of course the logic is impeccable! I bet its must be written in an atheist holy book (which they regard as infallible) to convert or kill believers in god(s)!