Date Line Fort Hood Texas

Discussion in 'World Events' started by Buffalo Roam, Nov 5, 2009.

1. Killjoy Propelling The Farce!! Valued Senior Member

...and university campuses...

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. shichimenshyo Caught in the machine Registered Senior Member

Or it could be that someone radically skewed the teachings of Islam in such a delusional way that it justified thier own warped actions. Its not what is presented to you, its what you do with it. Islam is not "evil" just as christianity is not "evil", there are however evil people who do evil things and use thier belief system as a justification for said evil things.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

Its not just the army, or rather it's not just the army being targeted by Islamists within the US. As to the perpetrators being members of the army, I'd say that's simply because the Army is the largest branch of the military.
    Police: Seattle shooting suspect ambushed teen
    Muslim man held on $50 million bail after deadly attack on Jewish center

SEATTLE - The man suspected in a fatal shooting rampage hid behind a potted plant in a Jewish charity’s foyer and forced his way through a security door by holding a gun to a 13-year-old girl’s head, the police chief said Saturday.

Once inside, police say, Naveed Afzal Haq opened fire with two semiautomatic pistols. One woman, Pam Waechter, 58, of Seattle was killed at the scene. Five more women were wounded.

Haq, 30, was ordered held on $50 million bail Saturday pending formal charges of murder and attempted murder.

Muslim kills soldier at Arkansas recruiting center

LITTLE ROCK, Ark. – A man with “political and religious motives” killed a soldier just out of basic training and wounded another Monday in a targeted attack on a military recruiting center, police said. The shootings were not believed to be part of a broader scheme.

A police report based on an interview with the suspect says Abdulhakim Mujahid Muhammad, 23, told police he observed two soldiers in uniform, drove up to the recruiting center and started shooting.

“He saw them standing there and drove up and shot them,” Lt. Terry Hastings told The Associated Press. “That’s what he said.”

The two soldiers who were shot had completed basic training within the past two weeks and were not regular recruiters, said Lt. Col. Thomas F. Artis of the Oklahoma City Recruiting Battalion, which oversees the Little Rock office.

William Long, 23, of Conway, died, and Quinton Ezeagwula, 18, of Jacksonville, was wounded and in stable condition, Police Chief Stuart Thomas said.

Miami Muslim chants "Death to America" and attacks military policemen at Air Reserve Base; not terrorism, authorities say

He wanted to commit "suicide by cop," you see. He was mentally ill, like Bilal Bajaka and so many others. It's funny how this particular mental illness so often runs in this same pattern. Tahmeed Ahmad is a mentally ill honor student who, by the way, had already been added to a terror watch list.

"Teacher who attacked base had death wish, FBI says: A Miami Central High math teacher was arrested after attacking the Homestead Air Reserve Base in a failed suicide bid, authorities say," by David Ovalle in the Miami Herald (thanks to Brad Thor):

Wielding two butcher knives bought at Wal-Mart and vodka bottles to use as explosives, Tahmeed Ahmad chanted ''Death to America'' and told Homestead Air Reserve Base guards he wanted to kill soldiers.

But Ahmad was no terrorist, authorities believe...

8. mike47 Banned Banned

And how many Muslims were killed by the US in both Iraq and Afghanistan ?.
    Is anyone counting ?. Thousands, millions ?!!!!.

9. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

That is all real nice Mad, but most of it not relevant to the question.

There is no doubt, there are plenty of Islamists who want to attack The United States. That is not the question, nor the issue.

Department of the Navy (Navy & Marine Corps) has about the same number of active duty members as does the Army.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2009
  10. superstring01 Moderator

First, one has to consider if this was just a lone gunman flying off the handle or a coordinated effort.

Second, if determined to be part of a larger attack or strategy, then there is a relevant debate as to whether--having struck a military base--this was a legitimate target for for said attack.

~String

11. The Esotericist Getting the message to Garcia Valued Senior Member

huh? why?

Why on earth is that at all relevant? Who really cares if this guy was thinking. . . "gee. . . a lot of my Muslim brothers and sisters are getting killed by the army of these imperialist dogs for no justifiable cause . . . This is NOT why I singed up to defend America, nor what I believed America was about. But I'm not sure if it's alright for me to act alone or not. . . . "

And you ACTUALLY think you could make an argument that a military base is NOT a legitimate target? Perhaps a more legitimate target you have in mind. . . like a day care center or an elementary school? :shrug:

12. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

I was simply providfing some examples to show that "this kind of thing" is not unique to the military, but rather the military is a frequent target.

13. superstring01 Moderator

Because military personnel are legitimate targets, even if we, Americans, find it horrifying that they were struck. That's how war works. You don't get to say, "Sorry, we're allowed to attack you, but don't return the favor. . ."

I care. Don't get me wrong, I think he should still be punnished. He'll probably be executed, and I'm okay with that. But don't fool yourself into believing that military targets, even those tucked comfortably within the confines of our nation, are somehow off limits.

Do I think we should just roll over and say, "Oh well. . ."? No. I think the guy should get a bullet between the eyes. But terrorism is usually against civilian targets. And even on that point, I'm willing to budge. It may still be terrorism, but terrorism against a military target is to be expected in times of war. If Americans are too dense to understand this, when we've lost.

Who said that this is what we should do?

NO. I'm the one arguing that it is a legitimate target for military action.

NO. I wouldn't like that at all. I never indicated that I preferred such a scenario. What I did say--and all I said--was that there was actually a legitimate debate as to whether or not a military base is a legitimate target. That's all. You, however, in your haste have seen fit to invent all these other scenarios.

~String

14. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

It's more a question of percentage sentiment of conservative religion, attempting constantly to translate itself into politics.

"Unfortunate"? The remainder of your paragraph was more justification for your prejudices. Isn't it ironic that your best-case appraisal of the diverse politics of all Jews amounts to a fleeting reference to "a few Jews who agree with you", while you shriek that I'm a bigot?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

How do you know they are either?

Daniel Pearl.

15. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

The Army brass needs to put a lid on rogue soldiers pretty darn quick. This is not good for the military.

16. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Not sure if I understand your argument. New thread here

Yeah killed by a fundamentalist Muslim wearing gold and speaking poor Arabic. Don't see many of those.

17. Brian Foley REFUSE - RESIST Valued Senior Member

Texas army killer linked 9/11 terrorists

Anyone notice the name of the owner of his apartment complex? It was Jose Padilla!!!!!

Yeah and if you add some letters to his name and remove others you get "I am Osama bin Laden in disguise".

Do people actually believe this shit?

18. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

In America, yes. They believe anything really. Its how Iraq was destroyed.

19. Brian Foley REFUSE - RESIST Valued Senior Member

The more I read into this and read more each day with more elaborate angles I am supposing something else triggered this tragedy, something is being buried here, or they are using this tragedy as a propaganda tool.

20. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Sorry: does one have to speak good Arabic to be Muslim? Is your Arabic good? Is it required? There seem to be many people who would fit into this category: the vast majority of Islam, as a matter of fact. So in fact you'd see many, many of "those".

21. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

no I don't.

Many Americans are Muslim ya know. Many Americans (no matter what religion) are against us being in Iraq.
    And this article is in a British paper, so I guess they believe anything as well, just like us Americans?

Your statement is like me saying they (Muslims) believe anything. Its how they destroy their women

22. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

Mod Note: I've merged a thread Texas Army Killer with this one Dateline: Ft Hood.

Most of the posts merged in expected sequence, seen here starting with Brian Foley's post.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2009
  23. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Why didn't they speak in their own language, whatever it was?