Date Line Fort Hood Texas

Discussion in 'World Events' started by Buffalo Roam, Nov 5, 2009.

1. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

What do you think they should do to the other Marine?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. otheadp Banned Banned

Which marine? The one that beat up that poor priest? I really don't know what to make of it. Either the priest was crazy and scared the marine, or the marine was crazy. All I can say for certain is that it isn't like you insinuate that it is -- naked anti-Islam hatred by stupid hicks.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

who knows? I don't think is matters, its still illegal and thus not optional as you stated it.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. mike47 Banned Banned

What do they do to the Christian and Jewish terrorists like W.G. Bush and Paul Wolfowitz ? .

8. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

Or allow them to wear a Burka when they should be in a mini-mini skirt

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

... well, not the fat ones, they should be in a Burka

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

9. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

But that's not what you want, as you've said. This next bit was a little ironic in that respect (I assume it was rhetorical?):

Do you think we should allow people to beat their wives, to oppress and chastise people of other religions and to kill homosexuals and wayward women because its part of their religion? Look, if their daughters don't want to follow it, they should be free to have those options.

If only this were true everywhere, eh? Egypt, Saudi Arabia and Iraq, for example.

10. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Then you see why I have no problem with the Tibetan culture developing without such atrocities.

Indeed. If only.

11. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

And you would apply this to all cultures, then?

Yes. Actually, I'm getting a strong vibe as to why it won't be.

12. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Improved quality of life and more than equal rights for the ones assimilated into a bigger, more progressive economy? Sure, wouldn't you?

Which is?

13. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Really? And so if a society imposes vicious oppression on a given belief set within a nation-state, say, the members of that belief set should just what? Assimilate in all areas of their culture? Does that include religion?

Let's pursue this dialogue further. I just like to be sure about these things.

14. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Depends on what the "vicious" oppression is in opposition to. Stuff like child marriage, burning widows, slavery, gender segregation, chopping off body parts of children, etc, deserves "vicious" oppression in my opinion. Religions with notions of pure blood, laws about marriage and excommunication etc should just be left to die out naturally, without allowing them to impose their beliefs on surrounding societies.

About what? Your own beliefs?

15. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

And just how do you prevent them from imposing their beliefs on others, SAM? War? Invasions? Bombs? Nukes? Biological warfare? ....or just ask them nicely not to impose their beliefs on others?

Baron Max

16. superstring01 Moderator

Modern education seems to be doing a great job of it. Look at all the atheists in Japan and Europe. In the USA, amongst the most educated people, atheism is also predominate.

~String

17. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

You have not been out in the country much have you? Modern eduction is provided to many suburbian and country youth to a very high standard out in the states, and yet these people have developed a tolerance, nah I say complete de-phasing of logic and reason, they can be made to understand advance science and engineering but still managed to believe in some white, bearded guy that lives up in the sky and somehow listens to each and everyone of them and gives a dam.

18. superstring01 Moderator

I've lived in Europe and the USA.

While "the sticks" don't really have what I call modern education. Those communities are prevented from teaching people rational thought because of religous influences. Thus, I named Japan and Europe, who have majority "atheist"/"agnostic" populations in most regions. In the USA, did I not CLEARLY state that amongst the most educated groups, atheism is predominate?

I'm aware of the deficiencies of rural communities. Their education system more resembles that of the 40's than of the modern era. Some communities are required to indoctrinate people into bullshit like "intelligent design." That cannot rationally be called "modern".

~String

19. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Hey I went to highschool in a sub-urban/farming town, their high school had all the amenity! I personally have met educate people here, chemist, biochemist, biotechnicians and honestly some of them have some very wacky beliefs! Of course percentage wise the educated are going to be less thiest but some of them manage wild mental gymnastics, unless they are an evolutionary biologist they still manage to be thiest!

20. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Interesting. So what are we going to do about Saudi Arabia then?

But what if that belief - like in Saudi Arabia or Egypt, for example - becomes more fervent and illogical with time?

21. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

So the Taliban would permit such modern education without the US or other forcing them to accept it?

No, String, the Taliban and people like them are wanting nothing more than to keep education from the people! So my question to SAM still remains a valid question.

Baron Max

22. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I'm sorry are we talking fantasy now? You need to actually get an education first then come back and talk about this.

The only fervent and illogical person I see is you.

Yeah all those are bad ways of imposing your beliefs on other people.

And no, it will work on the Taliban as well as it would work if the process were reversed and the Taliban were bombing the Americans into "liberation"

Most likely, Americans would give up before the Taliban will

Last edited: Nov 19, 2009
  23. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Well then, it's like you say, isn't it? You need to have an education to talk about this. Best of luck.