DARPA CHIEF

Discussion in 'Biology & Genetics' started by Liquid, Nov 25, 2014.

1. Liquid Registered Member

in Nature family members dont mate with each other and yet they help each other to survive, do you know why? it increases the chance that their genes will be passed on to a new generation. Alturism among blood releatives is a response to natural selection its called the selfish gene theory, you cant defy your genes its fate! all living things live to pass on their parents genes.

so my question is, are we just mindless slaves to our genetic coding? no better then machines But worse yet, completely oblivous to it there are many types of Conditioning Social conditioning, Propganda TV telling us what is and what isnt acceptable to think and how to act. but im talking about on the fundamental level of our existence are we just following a path preset with no way to change it

Genome soldiers are no longer a science fiction fantasy DARPA along with other outlets are putting major money into research in the area and some say they are close, if this is infact the case then we could soon be slaves from the day we are born

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Jake Arave Ethologist Registered Senior Member

I hear this debate all the time at school, I even asked a psychology professor about it. Phenotypic expression is not the only determining factor in human existence. How we develop (nurture v. nature) is just as important and useful as our genetics. I suggest you look into nature vs. nurture, there are plenty of texts written about it.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. orcot Valued Senior Member

someone has been reading the selfish gene by richard dawkins.
    The genome soldier part stands loose from that http://www.occupycorporatism.com/da...xperiments-to-create-military-super-soldiers/
    Putting 44.50 million $ in a drug to eleminate empathy that's pretty messed up.
    Reminds me of the gay bomb.

As hilarious as it might seem the line where they suggest they might make it avaible for the general public to maximize profit makes me hope that this information is false

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.