Dark matter and black hole.

Discussion in 'Astronomy, Exobiology, & Cosmology' started by ajanta, Nov 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RajeshTrivedi Valued Senior Member

In a recent popscience paper (BH needs a towel) paddoboy linked, it is stated that this Black Hole is brighter than all other so far observed. Those who know about the subject find no problem with this use of brighter, but those who do not, no amount of citation will help!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Wrong, wrong, wrong

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

The mass of any BH, stellar, Intermediate or Super, all have the collapsed mass at least at the quantum/Planck level, and according to GR, a point singularity.
    The rest of any of any BH, stellar, Intermediate, or Super, is simply critically curved spacetime out to the EH.
    That's why once any BH is formed, speaking of density then does not make much sense.

You are so stuck on your BNS nonsense, you appear not to be able to let it go.
    Now you can dream all you like about educating me, PhysBang or anyone else, but it is you who is wrong.
    And no adjudicator needed, just plain common sense without any baggage.
    But of course James anyway has also found fault with your confusion.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Stop being dishonest again rajish...
    Trying to use pedant and possibly poor journalism to make your point is silly: Particularly in light of your confused thinking.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. RajeshTrivedi Valued Senior Member

Rajesh pl, not rajish.

And my reference to density as stated is at EH that too assuming uniform. You are right and I have also stated that, once inside BH we will not talk here.

8. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Please do not presume where and when "we will talk" You sound like the god who has often demanded similar and consequently ending up looking silly.
    It is 100% as I and others have told you.
    GR tells us that once that Schwarshzild radius is reached and breached, further collapse is compulsory, up to infinte density and infinite spacetime curvature.
    Most cosmologists also believe that a future QGT, will do away with this mathematical point Singularity.
    What state that mass is in is unknown, but two speculative ideas abound.....[1]A surface of sorts between the point singularity and its infinite quantities, and the quantum/Planck level, or [2] A wormhole and ERB into another probable universe or region of spacetime.

9. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

If you have a problem with the interpreted science in the article, then raise your point in the thread and support it.

10. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

Well I would start them off here
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quasar
    This would quickly overcome possible preconceptions about any brightness issue.

Alex

11. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Time to close this flame-war of a thread.

ajanta likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.