Dark Energy

Discussion in 'Alternative Theories' started by Farsight, May 14, 2014.

1. Trippy ALEA IACTA EST Staff Member

I'm quite sure BruceP and others feel the same way.

Your choice of course.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

It is my bad for being unclear.

Before Einstein, Maxwell predicted the speed of light to be constant.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

Double post.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

Wrong, you had nothing remotely close to a valid point.

That is a load of crap, that you think that is only more evidence that you do not know what you are talking about. The idea that the universe is expanding at an accelerating rate is VERY mysterious. There must be a repeling force that is a result of some as of yet undescovered energy. You know "dark energy".

Really? So the attractive nature of gravity is responsible for the repelling force? Gee, that's just great.

Actually, GR predicts either an expanding or contracting universe.

Makes sense.

WTF are you talking about? Again you say it is 'obvious' that the gravity which is an attractive force is causing the repulsive force in the universe. That is absurd and that is why this stupid thread is in Fringe section, you ought to thank the mods for not flushing it to the ceespool where it belongs.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Your whole post starts of with a rather silly assumption and continues downhill from that first sentence.
    DE is portrayed as unknown because we have no idea of the true nature of the force.
    My own speculative view is that it is the same impetus that started the Universe expanding at a great rate of knots,
    [Inflation] was then slowed to a more sedate pace due to the gravitational effects of the mass/energy density of the Universe, and is now observed to be accelerating due to the constant nature of this DE/CC [more space/time, more CC/DE] and the ever diminishing density of the matter/energy contained in the Universe, due to the expansion of space/time.

That's rather poorly put and worded Farsight.....The BB evolved space and time in the first instant, along with a "Superforce".......as temperatures and pressures dropped and the Superforce decoupled, it enabled the evolution of matter.
    So yes, space, time, space/time, gravity, energy, matter are all dependent on one another.
    Take one away and nothing exists.
    This of course also demonstrates the reality of time which you have argued against in the past.

9. PhysBang Valued Senior Member

So, as I suspected, it is not about truth or science, it is about Farsight's ego.

10. lpetrich Registered Senior Member

That's book-thumping.

A carefully selected quote, with an inverted pyramid of interpretation on it. How like a theologian.

Farsight, have you worked out the numbers? You're not going to get that trip to Stockholm unless you do so, and you've had nearly a decade to do so.

(some other Einstein scriptural percussion snipped)

I checked on the context of that quote, and it's about a proposed unified field theory that he had been working on. However, he got nowhere with it. We don't consider Einstein's writings to be Holy Writ.

Pure book-thumping.