Dark Energy is contained in supra-long wavelengths?

Discussion in 'Physics & Math' started by Write4U, Jul 9, 2015.

1. Write4U Valued Senior Member

After watching a presentation about our inability to measure the lowest possible wave frequencies in our universe, this thought just occurs to me.

Is it possible that Dark Energy is contained in those wavelengths with frequencies beyond our ability to measure? If we cannot measure a wavelength, can we determine its energy content?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. brucep Valued Senior Member

WMAP experiment confirms the cosmological constant is the dark energy component. It's usually expressed in units of energy density. The Planck experiment puts it at 0.54 nanojoule per cubic meter.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. RajeshTrivedi Valued Senior Member

Take a deflated closed balloon, inside this put a Hydrogen or any gas source, and start the source at t = 0, the balloon will start inflating...now get rid of initial high speed acceleration....and further observe...if it is still inflating at the accelerating rate and if that cannot be attributed to t = 0 or source which started balloon inflation, then how will you explain ?

Mathematically, assume that inflation of balloon takes place symmetrically and spherically with initial conditions as r = 0 at t = 0 and some rate of flow of gas from source. Maths become very simple if we try to mathematically define the expansion of balloon with t. You can put in some external constants which can be additive or negative to the flow of gas from the source, thus giving more or less expansion to balloon depending on such constant. This constant is termed as Dark Energy Component to account for 1998 observation that space is expanding at the accelerated pace. The constant throws no light on the nature of Dark Energy and neither we know anything much about this Dark Energy......so your guess about the wavelength and frequency of this Dark Energy is as good as anyone else. Enjoy..

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. brucep Valued Senior Member

What you need to do is ask that question relative to the measurements the Planck experiment made. Then you can find out how the measurement was actually made and what it means. It's not a fucking balloon filling up with air. The dark energy IS the cosmological constant. You know nothing about this. Other people do. So your "We" is nonsense bullshit Rajesh. Try I don't know. You won't get any argument there.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2015
  8. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Just a continuation of fabricated pseudoscience nonsense that makes no sense at all.

9. Write4U Valued Senior Member

Perhaps my question was not posed correctly.
    As I understand it nobody really knows where the DE comes from. We know it is there (by its effects), but we cannot identify what causes it.
    So I wondered how it is possible that such enormous energy cannot be measured locally.

a) Something is causing DE
    b) if DE is true energy it must behave in a wavelike manner.
    c) if it behaves in a wavelike manner it must be observable (measurable), but we cannot.

Conclusion: the wavelengths which are causing DE are too large for us to be able to measure them locally.
    Therefore, DE is generated by the ultra long wavelengths of the Universal Pilot Wave?

Note, I am not stating this as fact, but as a probative question.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2015
  10. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

The way I see it is that DE is simply a property of spacetime, and spacetime expands normally and not in wave like structures.
    We have only recently discovered it due to the fact that the constant expansion of spacetime, and subsequently the constant DE, has finally exerted itself over the diminishing matter/energy density of the Universe, due to expanding spacetime.
    http://map.gsfc.nasa.gov/universe/uni_matter.html

11. RajeshTrivedi Valued Senior Member

Time for another retraction ?

If around two decades can be termed as 'recently' then we have only recently discovered it due to the fact that the accelerated expansion of spacetime...........

PS : I have a suggestion for you, whenever a new thread is posted on something about science, then wait for few responses, look around, google, wiki and also refer to your collection of wide variety of Scientific Dinner Journals (Yes, dinner journals)....get an idea about basics of the issue in thread, and then start posting. This will minimize boomers from you, and save you from some embarrassment.

Scientific Dinner Journals : Journals meant for amateurish science discussions during dinners and suppers, may not be the correct representation of science behind, nonetheless good for interesting lay discussions.

12. RajeshTrivedi Valued Senior Member

So much steam is not good for your health, you will have your bottom charcoaled.....Relax and learn to enjoy also.

13. brucep Valued Senior Member

It's really beyond the purview of physics to search for causes for what's in the universe. That's not what this is all about. The idea is to describe the phenomenon that does exist in this universe. The dark matter came to being at the same time as matter. One description is derived from inflation theory. The same for dark energy but the description is very different.

14. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Sure its recent in the greater scheme of things and only a moron would dispute such an opinion....Or again are you still pining about that past demolished BNS paper, and then the one that was totally rejected...You need to swallow your pride and admit your claim was idiotic to put it gently as possible. poor fella!
    Well since it is you that has had many "boomers"shifted to the fringes, I'll take your advice with the notice it deserves.
    Like the following......
    http://adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/2015IJAA....5...11R

A real train wreck!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Last edited: Jul 10, 2015
  15. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

You should really be aware that the evidence on this forum in many posts over many threads, show you absolutely fitting that descriptive diatribe....Again Pot, kettle, black.

16. RajeshTrivedi Valued Senior Member

You have still not figured out the kind of falsehood you are propagating by your Post # 7 ?? I will help you..

DE is for ACCELERATED expansion.....not the constant acceleration of spacetime...

17. RajeshTrivedi Valued Senior Member

Incorrect !!

It is certainly within the purview of Physics to search for causes for what's in the universe, to describe the phenomenon that does exist in this universe, and what possibly could happen in the future to the universe and to its attributes.

Once Big Bang is hypothesized, once t = 0 is identified, it is in the purview of Physics to search for what is in the universe and link that with its origin (BB) to ascertain the cause.....If what is there in the universe and if that is not matching with BB (or origin theory), then that theory goes.

18. danshawen Valued Senior Member

Different wavelengths of the EM spectrum are used for different purposes to make astrophysical observations for cosmology.

For high energy X-ray astronomy we use instruments like the Compton and Chandra.

For whole sky surveys of CMBR we used WMAP and Planck. These are done in the microwave region of the EM spectrum.

Hubble works mostly with visible light, but its instrument package was modified so that it can do interferometry, which is necessary in order to do observations of gravitational lensing. My wife's late husband was a project manager on Hubble, and I inherited much of his small library about telescopes.

Infrared telescopes like IRAS are great for seeing processes in the interior of nebulae, but are usually short lived because their onboard supply of liquid helium gets used up. The 2018 James Webb telescope mission will be the most ambitious of these. Parked at the L2 Lagrange point and shaded by some of the most advanced solar heat shield technology ever developed, It's helium supply is designed to last for 10 years. It will have the largest mosaic mirror ever used to such a purpose.

19. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Certainly I have it figured out, along with you and your constant childish games.
    In your constant childish efforts to drag me down, you constantly miss the most obvious points constantly.....eg: constant:
    meaning, continuing without pause or letup; unceasing:
    regularly recurrent; continual; persistent:

The expansion is obviously constant and the DE adding to the acceleration is also constant over all spacetime, as against a diminishing Universal density within.
    It's sad you still constantly need to resort to lies to try and make a point. Sad, but in your case understandable.

20. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

What is interesting in the DE component and accelerated expansion, is this recent finding......
    http://www.sciforums.com/threads/is-the-universe-ringing-like-a-crystal-glass.151447/
    where in part it says.....
    "The new finding suggests that the universe has slowed down and speeded up, not just once, but 7 times in the last 13.8 billion years, on average emulating dark matter in the process," said Mead. "The ringing has been decaying and is now very small – much like striking a crystal glass and hearing it ring down."
    Common sense says that the relatively recent discovery of the accelerated expansion, was due to the constant nature of DE over all of spacetime, acting against the gravity of a gradually less dense Universe.......but this slowing down and speeding up seems to add another contingency to that. Not real keen on the "ringing"terminology either

...would prefer "pulsating" but that's just me.

Of course one should realise that this new finding must ultimately be verified by independent analyses, preferably of new supernovae data, to confirm its reality. In the meantime, the work into the "ringing" of the universe and other cosmological oddities continues.

21. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

The illustration from my previous link is as follows and conveys the picture of what may be happening quite admirably.

The standard view of the expanding universe.

Now, two physicists at The University of Southern Mississippi, Lawrence Mead and Harry Ringermacher, have discovered that the universe might not only be expanding, but also oscillating or "ringing" at the same time. Their paper on the topic has been published in the April 2015 issue of the Astronomical Journal.

the bell shape shifts from going inward to outward from left to right.

The universe ringing while expanding.

22. RajeshTrivedi Valued Senior Member

You missed the train.....Expansion was always there, even prior to your 'recently'......but around 1998 it was found out that the universe was expanding at an 'accelerating pace'......so something else was required to explain this and DE hypo came into picture, which was subsequently linked to Einstein's cosmological constant, which Einstein described as his mistake.

Your attempt to play with semantics, does not take away your ignorance on the subject.

23. RajeshTrivedi Valued Senior Member

Babbling to cover the ignorance...but anyway great that you brought in the word...'accelerated expansion'.

But again your 'Constant Nature of DE' comes from your Dinner Reading....

Since you are not aware of possible 'Variable Nature of Dark Energy' and subsequent parametric modelling of the same, no point arguing you on the same.......

PS : Whenever you offer your opinion, please use AFAIK or IMHO.......then I will be easy on you.
    Pl stick to the procedure I suggested earlier, watch the thread for few posts, wiki, google, and read some related literature, and then start posting. Resist the temptation of posting early, you are just not there as yet. If you do this along with AFAIK/IMHO, there will be less mistakes from you.