Danish Cartoons: Inciting Hatred or Freedom of Speech

Discussion in 'Politics' started by DiamondHearts, Feb 19, 2006.

1. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

I don’t see the problem with the cartoons.
    There is nothing wrong with making fun of any religion. As a matter of fact, South Park does it all the time to all religions on almost every episode. They depicted Mohammed in their cartoons as well.

Anyway, this is really a waste of time.

DiamondHearts thinks its perfectly fine for Muslims to destroy the 1000+ year old Buddhist Statues in Afghanistan because the restoration money that was used towards the Statues could have been spent on food. Of course by this reasoning all of the Grand Mosques and Decorated Pretty Square Rocks in the Islamic world should also be blown to bits, but Islam is the land of double standards after all.

To see the true enlightenment of religion is only to look at the response.

Irreplaceable 1000+ year old Buddhist statues were destroyed, these statues were the most holy sites in the world to some Buddhists (just as that square pretty rock is to Muslims).
    Look at the response of Buddhists to their Islam-induced tragedy – it was 100% pure peaceful.
    Now look at the number of Muslims that, in response to these cartoons, went on murdering sprees killing not only Christians, Jews, Hindus or Buddhists but also other Muslims!

This is a perfect example of the lack of enlightenment that is inspired in a person that practices Islam and also a perfect example of the peaceful and enlightened nature of the Buddhists.

As they say: Actions are louder than words.

Cheers,

Michael

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. DiamondHearts Registered Senior Member

Muslims living in the Islamic world were almost completely oblivious to the daily psychological and mental warfare against Muslim minorities in the West. Many people were completely outraged when this information was released in the Muslim world, because they heard small incidents, but didnt realize that the situation had gotten this bad. The main reason for these violent protests is rightful anger of people that their brethren are being insulted like this and humiliated by western media outlets like this in public media.

This was compared by many Islamic papers to the situation in pre-Holocaust Germany where Hitler used racist portrayals of Jews and their culture to increase hatred of them among German people.

The situation could have been easily defused if the West was willing to apologize for this insult on culture and religion of Muslims, however the West instead criticized Muslims which directly resulted in more violent protests against Western embassies.

Muslims as a whole are very sympathetic to their fellow Muslims and religion, this is a taboo to insult against Muslim and is almost like a declaration of war against Muslim world.

The hatred and racism in the west has gotten completely out of control, this was the first perception of people in Muslim world and is completely right.

One good thing that came out of this is that now more news is being released in the Muslim world about abuse of Muslims and singling out Muslims by racist laws in the West. More people have realised how far the West is willing to take this war on Islam, and how eager they are to insult Islam. By other countries' outlets showing these cartoons, more anger is being formed in Muslim world.

Muslims really care for their people, and are extremely hurt by these cartoons. Many Muslims are against violence in a few (less than 10%) of protests, but feel more anger at the West for supporting the right to post these cartoons.

Peace.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. leopold Valued Senior Member

any excuse will do i guess

i believe (Q) is right, muslims will execute a jester

you muslims must get it through your heads ALLAH IS NOT THE ONLY GOD ! ! ! !

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Gotten this bad? Exactly how many people have been killed for being muslim as a result of 9/11 or any other massacre enacted in islam's name? I recall no blip in hate crimes against muslims post-9/11 in England and a minor scattering of incidents in North America. If you think hate crimes are up, say so - and be prepared to acknowledge why they might be: supremacist messages coming out of mosques in the ME, riots against free speech in other countries, attacks on non-muslims (internationals and domestics) in islamic countries, and the message espoused precisely by people who believe as you do, Diamond.

Of course it was, now that there was something for them to complain about. Until then, I don't recall much protest against anti-Judaic messages in those very same papers.

We criticized not muslims, but the kind of mental rigidity and doublethink that sweeps outrageous accusations against Jews and Christians under the rug while screaming at even innocuous portrayals of Mohammed - something, I might add, that is allowed in islam, but seemingly only when muslims do it. Shirk, for example, is based on the utter and abyssal repudation of Christian doctrine, and represents the one "unforgiveable" crime in islam. Should not islam apologize for its own extremism and intolerance of other viewpoints? Hell, you come from a country that murders apostates. Apparently islam has a very thin skin indeed, to say nothing of a hypocritical bent.

I am unsurprised that you interpret it as such. Learn some tolerance

The West had very little knowledge of islam prior to recent events - and that deficit is rapidly being corrected. If our perceptions of islam are shocked at finding out the kind of bile that islam - radical, moderate, call it what you will - is and has been directing our way for some time now, then it is hardly our fault. Who knew or cared what Pakistanis thought ten years ago?

Which you like to see; I understand. But again: islam is not a race. This is a deceptive use of phrase on your part. Moreover, it may appear our laws are perhaps too generous with their impressions of guilt or innocence in islamic terrorism, or that we have assumed good will or at least tolerance where there was only simmering hatred, resentment and wounded pride.

We are extremely hurt when you burn buildings, throw rocks at us and try to kill us. I suppose it's a question of tolerance. We accept religious criticism; islam cannot, and seemingly never could. Or perhaps we merely put more value on life.

Geoff

8. I don't know It's the pun police, run! Registered Senior Member

- I did read the translation, actually - but I still say the picture of "the jew" seems quite racist.

That said: this was hardly the important part of my post.

9. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

It certainly was discriminatory: look at the attributes assigned to the target.

Goebbels, anyone?

Geoff

10. Victor E Registered Senior Member

Very intresting to hear that islam does not promote violence.

The newspaper in denmark published images - Free speech.

The muslims answered by buring down several embassys, flags, etc. Including countries which hadn't got anything at all to do with it. - They answered with violence.

How comes the muslims are not civilizes enough to debate about things? Discussing with muslims seems to be like disscussing with small childs.

They are savages. They cannot understand the importance of free speech and they cannot understand why religion should not stand above political law.

11. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

You see DiamondHearts, this is yet again another prime example of your hypocrisy. The Muslim turned Xian in Afghanistan has his children taken from him and ultimately had to flee his home because he would be killed by his psycho Islam weilding neighbors. The CONSTITUTION in Afghanistan prevents people from legally changing their religious belief to Christianity or Atheism or Hinduism or Buddhism and the psychotic Taliban DESTROYED the most sacred statues in the World for some Buddhists and you are tell us that the WEST is waging a mental war against Muslims?

Get off it.

Talk about a hypocrite.

Well then again, maybe you do support the killing of apostates, the destruction of Buddhist and Hindu temples, the banning of the UN convention on the freedom to belief, and the marriage of 9 year old children just because they have started puberty.

Well then YES the West is waging a war against you. And rightfully should.

What are you talking about? The cartoons?

Get over it. We poke fun at ALL religions not just Islam.
    And the Islamic representation of Jews is flat out racists so again you are acting like a hypocrite.

So by your reasoning China Japan Thailand Cambodia Vietnam and Korea should have punished and destroyed the Taliban in their “rightful anger” (as you call it) as Buddhists when the Taliban destroyed their sacred Statues?

See again how you are a hypocrite.

It OK to destroy the 1000s of year old statues of Buddha but not OK to make a funny cartoon of Mohammed.

You are a Hypocrite and it is glaringly obvious to everyone here. Even to other Muslims whether they come out and say it or not.

OMG for f*cking sakes DiamondHearts, the actual CONSTITUTIONS in Islamic countries ban Muslims from changing their religion to Buddhism, Atheism, Christianity, Judaism, Hinduism and you have the Gall to say the WEST were we GARENTEEN YOUR FREEDOM of belief is singling out Muslims?

You are the biggest Hypocrite on the planet.

Michael

Last edited: Apr 12, 2006
  12. leopold Valued Senior Member

i do not believe anyone is against islam
    what these people have against islam is that islam is intolerant
    you muslims are going to have to get it through that thick head of yours that people have a right to worship any god they choose
    people have a right to free speech

people aren't against islam they are against islams stupidity

13. OliverJ Banned Banned

You know what people dont like about Islamic murdering freaks ? Their leaders sell us the oil. Last time I checked we BUY the oil.. You ever see the sheiks ? Gold plated mansions that they live in ? Yet these freaks of extreminism what to kill us for buying it. Their leaders oppress them to no end , but its us they want to kill.

You ever look into the eyes of the clerics ? They are fucking animals every last one of them. They teach wife beating....and to purely hate anything that is not muslim.......In Africa the clerics deny the women polio vaccines because they say it will make the infertile..and it is spreading like a cancer amongst mankind. You can come here everyday and all you get is apologists for Islam.
    They justify killing children to restore honor.... did you hear what I said ?

THEY JUSTIFY KILLING CHILDREN TO RESTORE HONOR. Blowing up mosques -- buses --- markets -- sidewalks---anywhere innocent people are. Every hour of every day a muslim kills someone or plans to kills someone. And you people accept it like its no big deal... its all Americas fault.

Weekly Jihad Report
    (4/02 - 4/08)

Jihad Attacks: 41

Dead Bodies: 213

Critically Injured: 319

14. leopold Valued Senior Member

oliver
    can you actually say you are against religious freedom?

15. I don't know It's the pun police, run! Registered Senior Member

- That's a pretty damn ironic post right there

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Also: you'd be hard pressed to find a muslim who actually thinks the embassy burnings were a good thing. It's like at demonstrations in the west, you have punks (usually "anarchists") throwing firebombs and provoking the police - the main difference being that in many countries in the ME, the police don't care enough to stop them unless they're demonstrating against the regime.

16. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Ah, I don't think I would in Syria or Pakistan.

Geoff

17. Sock puppet path GRRRRRRRRRRRR Valued Senior Member

The only people causing suffering or loss of life because some danes drew some cartoons are muslims so you can relax Diamond they are just fighting oppression. Here see for yourself

I found this one particularly touching (being a parent myself I have a soft spot for children)

KARACHI: About 5,000 children chanting “Hang those who insulted the prophet” rallied against caricatures of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) on Tuesday, with some torching an effigy of the Danish premier and coffins representing Denmark, Israel and the United States.

That's from your home country Diamond did you have a little tyke out there chanting for blood too?

18. leopold Valued Senior Member

americans stand for religious freedom
    that is proably why these muslims get away with this kind of nonsense

that is probably why we are having such a hard time with this because we feel if we do any thing we will be oppressing the muslims right to freedom of religion

i know this, anyone that says allah is great right before they behead someone is disgusting and their fucked up god likes it in the ass

i for one applaud the danes for their cartoon
    i also look forward to the day that islam is nothing more that a dim memory
    i can hear you islamic freaks now screaming that americans do not believe in religious freedom. thats just another example of using our feedoms against us

19. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

Ever seen American History X? Train children to hate and guess what, they hate. Ever wonder why so many Muslims go on similar violent killing sprees in the name of their God.

Ever wonder why so many backwards White southern Amercians hated African Amercians a 100 years ago and why some still do.

I think we need a Islam History X

20. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

DiamondHeats,
    what your analysis of the situation lacks is any appreciation for the subtlety of ridicule and satire. Most of the cartoons were totally innocuous. One ridiculed the suicide bomber expecting virgins in heaven, and another questioned wether Mohammed would approve of these same methods. They did this by portraying him with a bomb in his turban, so that the viewer might ask themselves, is this what Mohammed would do?

Cartoons against Jews were reprehensible, but that alone did not start the holocaust. Opposition media was completely supressed. In an environment where everyone can have an open discussion of the subject like we are doing here, perhaps some understanding can result.

Opressing media through violence and intimidation is exactly what the Nazi's did, and it's exactly what Muslims are doing. You don't get to control our freedom of expression like you do in your own countries, which you should be ashamed of.

21. DiamondHearts Registered Senior Member

Spreading hatred and violence against oppressed minorities in the West is what is shameful.

Peace.

22. Sock puppet path GRRRRRRRRRRRR Valued Senior Member

You are a clueless idiot.
    What violence against muslims in the west?

23. leopold Valued Senior Member

this is true diamondhearts
    even immediatly after 911 i do not recall muslims being attacked
    you apparently do not live in america or you would know that