Daleks vs Borg

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by ricrery, Feb 10, 2010.

1. Arioch Valued Senior Member

The Daleks would win, hands down. Sure if a drone could assimilate a dalek(assuming that they could survive long enough to take down the shield, pry open it's shell, and inject the nanobots into it, and that they would work on a being with a physiology vastly different from anything that's appeared in the Star Trek universe) that might even the odds, but the Daleks would still have an overwhelming advantage in terms of both numbers and shear firepower. When there is a conflict between two forces, history shows that victory almost invariably goes to whichever side has the greater ability to inflict damage.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Just have to make sure there's a flight of stairs around then

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. George1 Registered Senior Member

they were NOT boasting when they said that, they were stating a fact. The Daleks went head to head with the Time Lords, which by all intense and purposes became gods by that time. they had the laws of the universe at their will, they were THE type 4 civilization. yes, TYPE 4. they have, and had, no match. and the Daleks hold their own against them, and might have won people.

they have the technology to transport entire goddamn planets in time and space, the knowledge to erase all of reality, and a single Dalek has an intellect that rivals the collective knowledge of entire civilizations.

even if the Borg could adapt to their blasters, they can just kill them with their...other arm...
    TOTAL CURB-STOMP FOR THE DALEKS!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Vayle Registered Member

actually this would be quite easy, imagine it like this:
    "dalek use interdimensional ship to enter the dimension of startrek, where they found borg they want to exterminate. after a few kills, borg adapt to dalek weapons, and dalek adapt to borg weapons. the daleks travel back in time, find out where the borg originate from, kill the first borg (or the one who created them), no more borg, dalek are victorious"
    (skipping all epic space battles)

8. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Only problem is, the only timeline we have for the creation of the Borg have them originating with the Caeliar, a race powerful enough to push the big reset button on an inter-galactic level if they were so inclined... when the entirety of the Borg Collective poured every cube it had into attacking a single Caeliar worldship, the Borg couldn't even make it's shields waiver.

9. superstring01 Moderator

HE WROTE IT!!!

I'm just co-signing the paperwork.

~String

10. Vayle Registered Member

ofcourse the daleks are capable of trapping the borg at the end of the universe... >.>

11. Liebling Doesn't Need to be Spoonfed. Valued Senior Member

Considering what we know about the Borg and Dalek species, it wouldn't be a very long and drawn out battle. The Dalek are self-captulized (is that even a word?), and have a greater survivability factor because;

a.) They can exist in space with no outside interference
    b.) They have individual force fields
    c.) They have self-propulsion (as mentioned previously)
    d.) They are motivated by instinctual revenge

The Dalek are more survivable as a species, as even if their ships explode, they can still survive outside of one. A Borg in the vacuum of space would implode as it's only flesh and blood externally. Once you've found the Borg weakness, you can destroy the whole subset you are working with, since they are all assimilated, and therefore have no deviance from one to another. The Dalek on the other hand, while of generally one instinctual mind, they are separate beings and do not rely on each others functions for existence. As we saw in Star Trek, all Borg seperated from it's hive became weak and/or human. Dalek who were separated only found another way to reproduce in an effort to exterminate the Doctor.

Sidenote: Eccelson was a good Doctor. David Tennant is a phenomenal actor, and is my first choice Doctor for his mannerisms as well as his delivery of the Doctor mythos and Tom Baker is a close second. I do not like Matt Smith. I find his bumbling nature and "oops" storylines to be distracting and not at all in line with concept. Although one of my favourite Who episodes was a Matt Smith episode written by the amazing Neil Gaiman, where the inside of the TARDIS (Idris) was concepualized to great effect. It would have been better with Tennant, though and I think that Mr. Gaiman stated somewhere that he had written it with Tennant in mind, but Matt Smith did a bang up job it it regardless.

I am a huge fan of both Doctor Who and Star Trek. I learned a lot about ethos and pathos from Star Trek growing up, and I am happy to say that it gave me a much more rounded value system than the racist piece of crap that Star Wars is. Jar Jar Blinks? Really??