Daleks vs Borg

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by ricrery, Feb 10, 2010.

1. ricrery Banned Banned

The most acclaimed ST vs DW fight in history. In my opinion, Daleks steamroll with no effort considering they have:
    hundreds of millions of solar system busting ships
    perfect time travel
    transdimensional vehicles
    multiversal destroying weapons (Reality Bomb)
    universal destroying weapons (Apocalypse Device)
    universal/dimensional hopping
    near invincibility

Borg are just overhyped to the point people assume they can take on XEELEE and CULTURE. Well, that's me.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. ricrery Banned Banned

Should I have made a poll? Because you don't seem to care enough to respond.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. sweet Pentax Registered Senior Member

how can you compare the best and the worst series mankind has seen!? i´ve never seen something as bad as doctor who.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Daleks vs. Borg?
    That's not a war, it's pest control.
    Again.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

You take back your dirty, dirty words right now.

9. Pandaemoni Valued Senior Member

The borg only have to assimilate a single Dalek and they'd have access to the Dalek's plans. The borg certainly would have no problem destroying a planet to prevent the reality bomb from working.

Even better, the borg can just assimilate the Doctor.

10. ricrery Banned Banned

Wrong! Borg never made a planet buster, and they can't assimilate or adapt to Daleks, considering Daleks use brute force and have tank shells. The Dalek Saucer is a solar system buster and they have hundreds of millions of them, and guess what, Borg don't even have that many systems under their control! Daleks would smash the Borg under their treads like a Tank would crush a stick under its treads.

11. ricrery Banned Banned

Wrong.

12. sweet Pentax Registered Senior Member

take no offense, but i think doctor who was made for a much younger target audience in mind. if i would be 6, maybe i could like DW.

13. ricrery Banned Banned

Someone forgets how violent the Old series was to kids, the New is more kid friendly.

14. glaucon tending tangentially Registered Senior Member

I have to disagree.

The Daleks are easily defeated by the simplest of things, requiring none of the special abilities of the Borg: stairs.

15. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Bah, you're way out of date. They got round that back when The Ecc was the Doctor: levitating Daleks now.

16. glaucon tending tangentially Registered Senior Member

lol

You must be correct. As I have no clue what you're talking about...lol

17. Pandaemoni Valued Senior Member

As I said, they have only to assimilate the doctor, who has no tank shell and seems to me to get captured by the Daleks easily enough, they just seem fascinated to talk to him, giving him time to escape.

That's their weakness, they are gabby as old women.

The borg are only gabby when they want to assimilate a whole race, if they knew they just needed him (him being his whole race), they just materialize and take the Doctor, like they did to Picard. Then they'd quickly have the whole of Time Lord knowledge.

If we agree that they are not allowed/able to assimilate the Doctor, then I agree they are doomed. [Edit: Of course if the Doctor were assimilated, it would take no more than four drones to defeat the entire Dalek empire.]

Last edited: Feb 12, 2010
  18. ricrery Banned Banned

Even if they did, the Daleks could go to the Medusa Cascade and one second back in time, and the Doctor needed help finding them, and now, no Doctor, no win.

19. ricrery Banned Banned

20. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

The Ecc is Christopher Ecclestone, the guy who played The Doctor when it came back after the long hiatus.
    In one episode he ran for the stairs with a Dalek hot on his heels and said "Don't worry, they can't climb stairs; we'll be safe"...
    Lo and behold it could, and they weren't.

21. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

22. ricrery Banned Banned

Ecclestone should have brought up a Dalek and his family should have brought up a Borg, that would have been funny as hell.

23. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

that guy needs to take the new doctors into account. For instance:

Best doctor: 10 no matter how good the 4th doctor was you just cant beat David Tennant and im SOO sad to see him go. Best love intrest: ROSE billy piper was MADE for doctor who (though sarah jane smith comes a close second) and they need to update the master: Harold sackson was HALARIOUS as the master