Crop Circles: A Scientific Research

Discussion in 'General Science & Technology' started by TruthSeeker, Jan 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

The other day I was watching on discovery channel something very interesting about crop circles.

Let's all forget aliens. What answer could we find for this intriguing phenomenon?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

A few questions to begin with:
    1) Why would someone do that?
    2) Can someone do that?
    3) Where have they been formed?
    4) What is the significance of the symbols?
    5) Do they have a strange chemical composition?
    6) Are there other unexplainable factors associated with it?
    http://www.ufoevidence.org/documents/doc220.htm
    http://72.14.203.104/search?q=cache....html Crop Circles chemical composition&hl=en
    7) What other explanations can we find other then aliens?
    (I've heard of stupid explanations like meteors and rabits. Not those, please. It's easier to believe that aliesn did then rabits. Unless those rabits are green and come from Zeta Reticuli

)

In the TV show, the two things that most called my attention were the chemical composition (large concentration of extremely rare or unknown elements) and a catalog of all the symbols (a possible "alphabet" or "message" in the alien hypothesis). There was a lot of information about that, and that was the most intriguing part. I was unable to find that information on-line- and that REALLY annoys me. Would anyone be able to find that?

PS: Please, no hypothesis without supporting evidence....

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Light Registered Senior Member

I also saw a documentary within the last year or so where a group of four guys came forward and admitted they had made many of them - perhaps as many as half of all those found in the U.K. Why did they do it? Just for the fun of it and for drawing attention to their "artistic" work.

The also allowed a camera crew using night-vision cameras to go with them on one of their "missions". They created a large, complex pattern in a very short period of time using flat boards with ropes attached to each end which they employed to quickly crush a large swath of grain with each step they took. The only other piece of equipment they used was a long tape measure for locating the center of each figure. They had the entire pattern sketched on paper, complete with measurements to use as a guide while working.

I've not heard nor read anything about "unknown" elements and suspect that's just media hype. It's fairy common for them to locate lots of small (half-centimeter or so) pieces of magnetized rock in those fields - and the same bits pf rock are found in fields throughout the country - even where there have been no crop circles.

Also, I read somewhere - sorry, cannot remember where at the moment - that there was also node analysis done on samples from several circles. Nodes are the "knots" of connective tissue that form on the stalks of growing grain at more or less regular intervals. The ruptures of those nodes and other damage to the stalks themselves were found to be consistent with the weight of a man pressing down on the stalks just as the four men had demonstrated doing.

There have been all sorts of wild claims made, such as high residual radioactivity found in some circles but to the best of my knowledge none of that has ever been authenticated. Just reports - and no proof to back the claims as far as I have ever heard.

8. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

9. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

The documentary I saw in discovery channel also showed those guys. In this documentary, however, it was pretty much clearly proven that those guys weren't able to do anything close to the crop circles. Plus, to believe that four average guys in teh UK could travel all over the world within minutes or hours and do a whole bunch of circles is more silly then believing in UFOs. Why would they do it anyways? It is more logical to think that they only said they did it because they are lsoers who want some attention from some girls. :bugeye:

Hardly believable that four average guys would do so much and not gain anything from it...

10. Light Registered Senior Member

People pull hoaxes all the time just for the fun of it. I don't believe we saw the same show because the the one I saw did not reveal their identy. So it got them no fame, fortune OR girls.

11. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

12. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

Well, don't you know, Truthseeker, that the side of the "mainstream" has already won the argument if the talker can claim that there is any indication that his theory is true?

13. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

14. Light Registered Senior Member

15. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

Those Gulf Breeze incidents are highly questionable. The reason being is that Ed Walters (if it's the same guy, I forget) guy wound up taking mostly all of the UFO pics. How can one person take almost all of em? Talk about a huge coincidence.

I believe in UFOs, don't get me wrong, but I'm not gonna be a sucker for everything I see or hear though, heh. It's just that some of the pics you've shown were easily explainable or highly questionable.

- N

16. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

17. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Duh! Of course!

Like.... I included the explanation on the freaking pic

But the purpose of the thread is simple: just get the facts and find a logical explanation.
    You believe in UFOs? Ok. So why do you believe?

18. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

If it is, then what is the light coming out of it?

The reason why I added that picture is because many people that were close to crop circles at night would see UFOs beeming this kind of light on the field- that is making the circles.

19. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

20. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Ok. Enough of silliness. Has anyone ever seen on-line some documents about teh unusual chemical composition or the symbols (or a site with a lot of pictures of the crop circles)...?

21. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Cows float everywhere!?!?!?

You gotta be kidding!!!! Are you on drugs or something??? :m:

22. guthrie paradox generator Registered Senior Member

Unusual chemical composition would be interesting, I have some familiarity with several methods of elemental analsysis, and none of them can detect unknown elements.

I might go and have a look later, when I am bored enough.

23. Light Registered Senior Member

I meant the fake photos, of course. But sure - cows are floating everywhere and anywhere the water is deep enough. And since the average weight of a cow is about 350 pounds, it only takes about three on average to make a ton. So, yep - there ARE tons of them!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.