Criminal Justice or Psychology?

Discussion in 'Science & Society' started by Grey Seal, Sep 17, 2002.

1. Grey Seal Guest

Hi. I dunno if this is the right place or not, but here it is. I'm being bitched at to choose my major in college. I'm not sure whether I want to go into Criminal Justice (Law) or Psychology. I was thinking law because my dad was a lawyer, guess he could help me out, and it seems like itd have more options. Psychology just seems interesting, but i dont know if i'd have enough oppourtunities. I like writing. Anyone have any experience in any of these fields as a major or a real job? i dont want to make a stupid choice and waste a few years of college, any help please? thanks

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

It has been mentioned quite a few times here at sciforums that what most people decide to major in changes before students finally settle down to a major. What happens is you get to college and start learning. You find out that either what you thought was a good choice turns out to be something you don't want or start learning and find something that really does interest you. Start with the basics that all fields require until you know enough to wisely choose a major instead of wasting money going for something that you may not stay with.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Halo Full Time Nerd-Bomber Registered Senior Member

Well put wet1. I, like many other college students, have changed my major many many times. Wasted time and money. Maybe you can see an advisor and ask them what kind of jobs are available for each major. For now do as wet1 says and start with the basics. Hope you find out what you want.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.