Cricket World Cup

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by sycoindian, Feb 15, 2003.

?

Who is gonna win?

1. Australia

6 vote(s)
    42.9%
  2. South Africa

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  3. New Zealand

2 vote(s)
    14.3%
  4. England

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. India

3 vote(s)
    21.4%
  6. Pakistan

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Sri Lanka

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  8. West Indies

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  9. Zimbabwe

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. sycoindian myxomatosis> Registered Senior Member

okk.. i shud've posted this a lil while ago, but wat the heck... its not too late... this is callin all da cricket fans to this thread.. who do you think is gonna win the world cup??

the indian performance today was appalling... it seemed like the aussies were playin against some junior team.. i was really disappointed... well, i hope they get their act together... i dont think the indians will win the world cup... at least they should show that they are capable... anywayzz... lemme know what y'all think...

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

the aussies will win of corse

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. RDT2 Registered Senior Member

Well, it looks like it won't be England.

cheers,

Ron

(in Scotland, but without any sense of schadenfreude - that's reserved for footy (soccer))

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. sycoindian myxomatosis> Registered Senior Member

the aussies are pretty good team... but i have to go with south africa.... i think they have a good chance of winning this one... real disappointed with the kiwi team tho'... i think the sri lankans will also put up a good fight...

8. IXL777 mature with wisdom Registered Senior Member

THE AUSSIES WILL WIN BUT WILL BE A LOT HARDER WITHOUT SHANE..... excuse caps.....

9. sycoindian myxomatosis> Registered Senior Member

shane warne is way overrated...

*wearin armour as protection against retaliation of aussies*

10. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

oh i agree

OH AHH GLEN MAGRAH

but no its our batsmen that make the team world class, i have seen games where in the whole first day there wasnt a wicket lost by the aussies (oviously tests)

11. IXL777 mature with wisdom Registered Senior Member

I wish we had someone like Shane in England!

12. sycoindian myxomatosis> Registered Senior Member

im sorry to say this.. but england really sucks this year.. and they shud've played in zimbabwe.. that's just not good sports spirit..

id like to see a team with the ozzie battin line up, pakistani bowlers and south african fielders... now that would be a team to reckon with... dontcha think? dream team

id say muralitharan from sri lanka is a way better bowler than warne...

and umm.. THE AUSSIES WONT WIN.. hehehe.. it would be real sad if they won... no fun...

13. IXL777 mature with wisdom Registered Senior Member

How do you know the Aussies will not win!!!

14. sycoindian myxomatosis> Registered Senior Member

I just know.... well, that's wat my bookie says at least...

the kiwis just edged past the south africans... can't believe it... im lookin fwd to the match where the aussies lose...

15. Voodoo Child Registered Senior Member

SA were screwed by a calculator again. Least they didn't have to score 22 runs off 1 ball, though. Having said that NZ would probably have won.

Two people have scored 140 in an innings(Styris and Gibbs) and have still not won, how wacky is that?

16. sycoindian myxomatosis> Registered Senior Member

aight.. im predictin that the final is gonna be india vs australia..
    and that india will beat australia... revenge..ehehe... its gonna be a helluva semis and a final... after we dismiss the kiwis tomm, like we decimated sri lanka the other day... we're gonna go blast kenya and then have a war against the aussies and beat their asses... who's with me..

17. Dr Lou Natic Unnecessary Surgeon Registered Senior Member

Is this a trick question? :bugeye:

lets just talk about who will come second

Kenya have been really impressive, I know ... kenya?! but they've been playing really well, I like sri lanka too, I agree muralitharon(sp?) is the best spin bowler by far.
    I'm glad england don't have a chance, I hate the english cricket team, I hate that bowler with the grey hair and massive ears, god he's annoying to look at!

18. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

You mean there is now a cup to put the cricket in? So how do you get those critters in the cup in the dark of night?

Just kidding folks. Unforetunately, I do not follow cricket. Best of luck to the teams.

19. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

GO AUSSIE GO, LETS HEAR IT
    GO AUSSIE GO, LETS CHEAR IT

AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE
    OI OI OI
    AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE
    OI OI OI

AUSSIE
    OI
    AUSSIE
    OI

AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE
    OI OI
    OI

20. sycoindian myxomatosis> Registered Senior Member

okk..kenya is playing well.. but do you really think the indians are gonna let em have it easy in the semis? i think not.. they're goin full out now... did u see da game against sril lanka? the indians annihilated em... and the kiwis will meet the same fate tomm... its gonna be a big india vs aussie final...

asguard.... i hope to see you cry when india beats oz in the final...

21. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

22. The Marquis Only want the best for Nigel Valued Senior Member

I find it continually amazing that people jump onto the bandwagon of whoever is flavour of the month. Wisden names Muralitharan best bowler in the world, 2 months later you find every dog and his mother saying "Muralitharan is the best bowler in the world". Phht. Ask yourselves, when you look at his stats... what nations does Sri Lanka usually play in tournaments? Are they world class? How well does he bowl against Australia, or South Africa? Now he's good, I'll give you that much. But as far as the "best bowler in the world... by far" goes... you're fulla shite. Six months ago you were all calling him a chucker, no doubt. Load of PC crap.

As for Shane Warne being overrated... you freaking morons, he only changed the nature of spin bowling in Australia and reintroduced what had become a lost art into the game. His stats are up there with some of the best in the world, including his economy rate which as a spin bowler usually suffers. Talk about Tall Poppy Syndrome. Goons, the lot of you. I doubt you'd know which end of the bloody bat to hold if they sent you lot out into the middle. Probably duck the first fast ball that came your way too. Armchair cricketers, phht.

23. Dr Lou Natic Unnecessary Surgeon Registered Senior Member

He's my favourite bowler and he has been since I first watched him bowl. I don't look at stats, I'm not that interested in it, I enjoy watching him bowl thats all. I tend to say somethings the best when its my favourite, he is my favourite bowler ... by far. I bowl alot like him and my lame assed critics call me a "chucker" as well but, like him, I'm clearly not chucking.
    DAMN CRITICS!!!!!

Shane warne is a fag, australia rocks, bichel is our best player by far.....