Cricket Vs. Baseball

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by superstring01, Oct 2, 2008.

1. superstring01 Moderator

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

the only reason baseball exists is that yanks lack the skill and patients to play the gentleman's game

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

oh BTW that must have been written by a yank
    it mixes up tests with one day cricket

edit: no i was wrong, i missread the catigory on the side is all

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Kadark Banned Banned

I watch the World Series every year or two, but in all honestly, both baseball and cricket are painfully boring to watch. In fact, they make the event of watching paint dry seem quite enjoyable. In baseball, it angers me incredibly to see the batter scratch tirelessly at his crab-infested nutsack, unstrap and restrap his gloves, spit three mouthfuls of tar, and practice swing his bat thirty-six times, in between every single pitch. The worse part? The batter hits a foul ball after all of this time-wasting nonsense. Drives me nuts. Cricket is simply awful because it takes days for the game to complete, which is truly inexcusable. In addition, the rules for cricket are relatively difficult to grasp, and the setup is impractical for those who aren't playing for a professional team or league.

In terms of actually playing the sport, baseball wins, hands down. I actually enjoy playing baseball, although I've inexplicably become a pussy as of late, in the sense that I fear pitching. That's what a few Youtube videos showing line-drives will do to you.

Kadark

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

I hate cricket, baseball is ok to play, watching it is boring.

two very lame sports, if they grouped up into 2-4 teams armed themselves with baseball/cricket bats and wore american football armour (thats not padding its a full suit of armour) then had a mass brawl that would be decent.

Might aswell watch golf.

peace.

8. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

lol you beat my post by seconds. - with a freakishly simular opinion.

Edit, mine ws just new and improved + to the point.

peaace.

9. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

Kadark you should watch one day's or 20/20 matches if you dont like the tests

And just because you cant pick up the rules doesnt make it inpractical for ammatures to play. we do it all the time. plus the rules can be easerly modifided for the situation, some examples being indoor cricket, beach cricket and backyard rules

10. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

How about taking the bat and ball away for one change, and add some elephant riders, shields and a couple maces.

peace.

11. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

elephant's are so hard to come by in australia im afraid

12. Kadark Banned Banned

I mean impractical in the sense that the equipment/number of players/etc. is difficult to gather for small affairs. It's not something you can do with a friend when you're bored.

Kadark

13. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

there your wrong.

The basic equitment needed for cricket (cheep bat, rubber coated tennis ball and some stumps) can be bought for around $5-10 at any toy shop

Its only once you get up to the team level that you buy the sort of equiptment i have

further more backyard cricket can be played with 2 people min or as many as 50

As i said the rules just get modifide
    for instance 2 overs each,
    over the fence is 6 and out

ect

14. Kadark Banned Banned

What about all of that protective gear?

Kadark

15. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

not nessary when your playing with a tennis ball, Only needed when you use a propper cricket ball

We used to get tennis balls and put electrical tape over one side to make them swing (BOY did they swing

)

16. Dr Lou Natic Unnecessary Surgeon Registered Senior Member

I play cricket with a proper ball and no pads, and no shoes, and drunk, don't be faggots.

I spend half the year wondering what I liked about cricket the summer before, but then the sun comes out, beer starts running through my veins, you hear the channel 9 cricket theme music on the tv every other morning, and it hits you.

Cricket is so much more nuanced and poetic than baseball, I'm a pretty unbiased sports fan, my favourite sport of all is american football, but baseball is very weak in comparison to cricket.

17. Kadark Banned Banned

I suppose as a rugged Aussie, being repeatedly hit on the skull with a dense ball is not a major concern (it sure explains a lot, really). The thing I don't like about cricket, and sports like it, is that one very determined player cannot dominate an entire game. My favorite sport is basketball, because one player can easily control the game at any given point in time and steal the show ... in sports like cricket, it's a slow team process.

Kadark

18. Dr Lou Natic Unnecessary Surgeon Registered Senior Member

Actually in cricket one player can dominate a game. In baseball they can't, the best they can do is get a homerun and then sit down to wait their turn, but in cricket a batsmen can come out and just smash the ball for boundaries all day and destroy the opposition singlehandedly.
    Especially if the other team batted first and got some humble score as a team, one man can then come out and beat their whole team by himself. It happens all the time.

I agree basketball is good, I don't think I would want to play real organised games of cricket (and I do play real basketball), but backyard bbq cricket is great, and it's good to watch real international games (if you really know what's going on and have some interest in who wins and it's possible your country might win- otherwise forget it).

I don't get hit in the head btw, I'm too good, I might get hit in the toes every now and then, or the shins, but last time I checked I didn't have a vagina between my ass cheeks, so whatever.

19. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

I hate having to heavily rely on team mates to win, i prefer to be able to take control of any part of the game and not have to wait for me to do something about destroying the opposition. I prefer games like football/football, basketball, rugby, combat sports and so on. I dont mind getting a cricket bat and some balls and just taking it in turns to bowl and hit the ball. but the full game of cricket is not my cup of alize.

peace.

peace.

20. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

Yeah when it's your turn to bat it's good but fielding and waiting need to be eradicated.

pece.

21. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

Actually thankyou string. You reminded me that i needed to get around to joining a new team so i did

just had my bat re-gripped (for the 5th time, i love that bat

) and oiled it and training is tonight

22. Steve100 O͓͍̯̬̯̙͈̟̥̳̩͒̆̿ͬ̑̀̓̿͋ͬ ̙̳ͅ ̫̪̳͔O Valued Senior Member

I dislike both sports. Baseball more than cricket.

I used to play cricket, and if I wasn't bowling or stumping I was bored out of my brains so I called it quits.

I used to watch baseball sometimes on NASN, but quickly got bored of it.

23. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

God, i forgot how exusting cricket can be even if your only batting in the nets