Creativity is akin to insanity say scientists who have been studying how the mind wks

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by common_sense_seeker, Jul 12, 2010.

1. M00se1989 Banned Banned

Or that one rejects the alternative choice at a deep level. Even a Psychopath chooses their actions at some conscious level. The question is and will always be why. Is it possibly to act differently than the people they see drooling out tasks as they go about with their daily fruitful lives in an effort to beat the system?
    they mimic empathy to sustain control and I believe this is how they choose to express their views. they may see the actions they are doing as wrong but the actual reason to why is ingrained deep within their psyche. A frightful state of mind for them can elude to what keeps them going.

the problem is choice of expression.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Hmm, good timing, since I'd just re-read the article and found this particularly biased sentence:
    But is it really like looking at a shattered mirror? Or is like looking a more whole mirror than everyone else?
    If you're creative then the results of looking at the mirror would suggest, to me at least, that it isn't shattered - for the simple reason that what comes from seeing the world that way is an improvement (however you want to define "improvement") than the result of the way everyone else sees things. Which leads to paranoids - are they delusional or can they see connections no-one else can that really are there?
    After all the fact that creative people produce from those connections something that is usually agreed to be worthwhile must indicate that the connections they see actually exist...
    No?

Yeah, but I asked first.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

It depends what you mean by that.
    Since a psychopath doesn't see the world the way everyone else does then his actions, and the consequences of those actions, are based on differing criteria than ours are.
    In other words, we are all stuck in our behaviours/ choices to a great extent because of the way we see the world.

No. The question comes down to "how much can anyone act differently from the way they do given their world view?"
    Could YOU go out and strangle every third person you meet? (I.e. not "are you physically capable of doing so" but "would you?" Are you mentally equipped to do so?) If not, why not?

I wish I could see some sense in that sentence.

I think the evidence suggests not.

Isn't that the problem with anyone?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. M00se1989 Banned Banned

For a functioning insane person's perceptions to be marked as either creative or insane. someone with sane credibility need remark the idea as sane.

or A production of the said insane person's creativity MUST border along the lines of what is possible in the mind of a "sane" person. The fractured mirror must somehow make sense to a majority in the creative minds explanation of his work for it to be considered creative.

8. Doreen Valued Senior Member

This depends on the unique individual, I would say. I am sure some people do experience things as more fragmented than most people. I think I have had this experience.
    But I agree. I think in the case of paranoia what most people take as random events, the paranoid person sees as a whole. And really this does parallel many kinds of creative work from artistic to scientific. Seeing patterns others do not see. And with the paranoid person, the pattern they see is likely not to be simply wrong. I mean, i think most people can, if they feel into themselves and others enough, notice that seeing others as being against me is partially true.

There's the rub, or, at least, a rub. And by the way I know one paranoid person who thought people were out to help him. Seriously. They saw a pattern of helping - often in the form of knowing benevolent glances - where others did not.

Sure. But we are left with the question about whether the other patterns exist. Some perhaps we can rule out. But others.
    Also artists creations work or don't work in ways that scientists' creations are not free to. As another issue.

Frankly I think it is a bit like asking if thinking negatively causes depression.

9. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

I wish you'd written that in English.
    If someone is functioning how would you know they're insane?

How soon must it be shown to the "sane" that it's possible? 5 minutes after proposal? A day? Couple of years?

You think all creative people actually explain their work?
    Ever heard the phrase "my art speaks for itself"? Or "If I have to explain it you'll never understand it"?

10. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Hmm, I'm not entirely sure whether I agree with that or not.

11. M00se1989 Banned Banned

Their views only slightly differ from ours. There outlet vastly differs from normal.
    psychopath vs sociopath
    the difference is their creative plan.

what qualifies as a psychopath in your mind? I was lied to by one and not told the truth until two years after her hospitalization (not for psychiatric care).

"why weren't you at the hospital?" is still a question that plagues my mind. of course I was. She said she could see as I looked into her undead eyes.

suicidal, bipolar, psychopathic or sociopath. A complete mimic of the first two for a reason only known to her. "I can only gather assumptions of the case which seem to be linked together in behavioral analysis".

12. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

This is NOT supported by your link:

13. Doreen Valued Senior Member

Oh, but you do. I mean for a painting to work you only need a bunch of people to like it - and these people can even not be alive now. For a scientific hypothesis to work you need peer review to be passed.

I mean, Creationism has a lot of people who like it. And it is creative, at least some versions are incredibly creative.

14. M00se1989 Banned Banned

allow me to expand. They mimic emotions to sustain themselves in society. They SHOW values that parallel the workings of a sane person. They HAVE no values for remorse for their actions.

15. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Which is NOT the point you were trying to make.
    Despite the improvement in keeping track of what you're trying to so there's still room...

16. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Ah. On that level I do agree.

17. M00se1989 Banned Banned

there is a scale to the (level) of insanity. To which said "insane" person may or may not be full conscious of their overall picture but to deny that it makes sense to their way or though either creative or (different) thoughts and ideas, but that fact still can not deny that the power of their mind is strong.

thought is all in the eye of the beholder and what better way to behold thought, but as a "picture" drawn by the "artist".

18. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Define "strong mind".

19. M00se1989 Banned Banned

powerful over the decisions one is able to make in their life weather it be voluntary or involuntary.

20. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Er, no.
    If it's involuntary then there's no decision to be made.

And your definition still wouldn't make sense even if there were.
    What does "powerful over the decisions one is able to make" actually mean?
    What decisions your are able to make depend on the options available - which may not always be under your control.

21. M00se1989 Banned Banned

correct. If it is involuntary the decision has already been made.

Did I miss the point If my "last post" is analogous to the myth of Sisyphus?
    He lives most for the walk back down the mountain. It is in this time that he is left to think. It is in this time that he is able to enjoy life before he begins the necessary absolute of pushing the boulder up to the pinnacle.

A powerful mind is one that can take a creative path down the mountain and still proceed to do what is necessary of them to sustain their existence.

an insane mind may bring themselves to an unhappy place such as an asylum, but it is the job of another to help them live. And it is the job of their own mind to check themselves out of the unhappy place by the proper use of their voluntary actions.

Can the same not be said in an analogous form for the mind of most people? weather they dream of a better place or not.

22. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

So why give an incorrect definition in the first place?

Yes.

Really?
    You don't think a "powerful mind" would be one that could reduce the effort required in obtaining the necessities?

What do you mean "it's the job of another"?

Um, why are they in there in the first place? Maybe because their actions aren't that voluntary because of insanity...

Can it?

23. M00se1989 Banned Banned

What do you mean "it's the job of another"?

someone usually picks up the pieces left behind.

psycosis

learned or genetic?