Creationist scientists search for talking snake bones in Africa

Discussion in 'Religion' started by Magical Realist, Sep 18, 2013.

1. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Nope..the verse clearly says God put the sun, moon, and stars beneath the waters that were above the earth. See, those goatherders were pretty wiley dudes. They knew since the sky was blue it must have been made of water. So obviously God put the sun, moon, and stars underneath the firmament, the big dome that held up all that water in the sky. When God flooded the earth and drowned 99.9999 % of all living things, he did so by "opening the windows of heaven". These were like gates in the big blue dam of the firmament.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. arauca Banned Banned

Genesis Chapter 1 בְּרֵאשִׁית
    א בְּרֵאשִׁית, בָּרָא אֱלֹהִים, אֵת הַשָּׁמַיִם, וְאֵת הָאָרֶץ. 1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
    ב וְהָאָרֶץ, הָיְתָה תֹהוּ וָבֹהוּ, וְחֹשֶׁךְ, עַל-פְּנֵי תְהוֹם; וְרוּחַ אֱלֹהִים, מְרַחֶפֶת עַל-פְּנֵי הַמָּיִם. 2 Now the earth was unformed and void, and darkness was upon the face of the deep; and the spirit of God hovered over the face of the waters.
    ג וַיֹּאמֶר אֱלֹהִים, יְהִי אוֹר; וַיְהִי-אוֹר. 3 And God said: 'Let there be light.' And there was light.
    ד וַיַּרְא אֱלֹהִים אֶת-הָאוֹר, כִּי-טוֹב; וַיַּבְדֵּל אֱלֹהִים, בֵּין הָאוֹר וּבֵין הַחֹשֶׁךְ. 4 And God saw the light, that it was good; and God divided the light from the darkness.
    ה וַיִּקְרָא אֱלֹהִים לָאוֹר יוֹם, וְלַחֹשֶׁךְ קָרָא לָיְלָה; וַיְהִי-עֶרֶב וַיְהִי-בֹקֶר, יוֹם אֶחָד. {פ} 5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness He called Night. And there was evening and there was morning, one day. {P}
    ו וַיֹּאמֶר אֱלֹהִים, יְהִי רָקִיעַ בְּתוֹךְ הַמָּיִם, וִיהִי מַבְדִּיל, בֵּין מַיִם לָמָיִם. 6 And God said: 'Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.'
    ז וַיַּעַשׂ אֱלֹהִים, אֶת-הָרָקִיעַ, וַיַּבְדֵּל בֵּין הַמַּיִם אֲשֶׁר מִתַּחַת לָרָקִיעַ, וּבֵין הַמַּיִם אֲשֶׁר מֵעַל לָרָקִיעַ; וַיְהִי-כֵן. 7 And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament; and it was so.
    ח וַיִּקְרָא אֱלֹהִים לָרָקִיעַ, שָׁמָיִם; וַיְהִי-עֶרֶב וַיְהִי-בֹקֶר, יוֹם שֵׁנִי. {פ} 8 And God called the firmament Heaven. And there was evening and there was morning, a second day. {P}
    ט וַיֹּאמֶר אֱלֹהִים, יִקָּווּ הַמַּיִם מִתַּחַת הַשָּׁמַיִם אֶל-מָקוֹם אֶחָד, וְתֵרָאֶה, הַיַּבָּשָׁה; וַיְהִי-כֵן. 9 And God said: 'Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear.' And it was so.
    י וַיִּקְרָא אֱלֹהִים לַיַּבָּשָׁה אֶרֶץ, וּלְמִקְוֵה הַמַּיִם קָרָא יַמִּים; וַיַּרְא אֱלֹהִים, כִּי-טוֹב. 10 And God called the dry land Earth, and the gathering together of the waters called He Seas; and God saw that it was good.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. arauca Banned Banned

"It tells me someone doesn't understand evolution. " that means you know it . I am the one who doesn't understand

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Then, why would you call it Bs if you don't understand it?

8. arauca Banned Banned

Is this a game tit for tot , beside I don't recall naming evolution Bs

9. Yazata Valued Senior Member

I don't like it when atheists post idiotic stuff taken from "Landover Baptist" in hopes of making Christians look bad, knowing full well that 'Landover' is an atheist site. That's unethical by its nature.

There's plenty of real-life creationist bullshit out there that atheists can denounce, if they feel the moralistic compulsion to denounce things.

10. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

LMAO! Old sourpuss...

11. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

The religious are getting loonier and loonier.

Regards
    DL

12. Robittybob1 Banned Banned

But you are just getting older and grumpier!

13. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

The thing is that even if they find fossils of or even a live snake that can talk, unless it still talks a human tongue, it would be useless unless they find a talking snake school where they could have learned to speak human.

Even humans that are found feral cannot speak human without going to school.

Regards
    DL

14. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

Older for sure not grumpier.

I am losing more patience with the loony religious right though.

Regards
    DL

15. Robittybob1 Banned Banned

Haven't you heard of the Horse Whisperer? You can talk to your horse and they talk back but they don't move their lips.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLsqAG-L21w

16. Yazata Valued Senior Member

That may or may not be true. But this thread isn't evidence of it.

The "Landover Baptist Church" website isn't a Christian website at all. It's an ATHEIST website that pretends to be Christian, posting material that's intended to make Christians look bad.

There's more than enough real life creationist bullshit out there that atheists can justifiably ridicule. There's no need to spread lies.

17. Balerion Banned Banned

It's not "spreading lies," Yaz. It's satire.

Have a sense of irony, for Christ's sake.

18. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

A metaphorical approach, often there is a symbolism of a snake eating it's own tail to suggest a repeated cycle, if a snake could talk then it wouldn't have a mouthful of tail and this would cause a repeated cycle to be broken and entropy would take over. It's basically a balance between Order (a repeatable system) and Chaos.

What's amusing is the posed anecdotal story they are referring to and the questions that never get answer, for instance:

If there was a God, a Snake and an Adam and Eve, who the heck wrote the story down and reported it? I doubt any of them would have been the writer since none of them would cast themselves as third-person.

19. Robittybob1 Banned Banned

Don't you take Christ's name in vain Man. Three strikes and you're out.

20. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

Do you have anything official to put teeth to your claim?

From what little I know, that is a huge family. Do you really think an atheist would damage his whole family just to add to what you and I both know is a mountain of Christian garbage?

I am as passionate as anyone to see Christianity die but there is no way I would disgrace my whole family the way that church has disgraced theirs.

Regards
    DL

21. Balerion Banned Banned

Jesus Christ! Jesus Christ! Jesus Christ!

...nope. Still here.

22. Robittybob1 Banned Banned

There is no penalty for free swinging the bat, it is only a "strike" when it is game on and the ball is pitched at you.