Creationism does NOT belong in science.

Discussion in 'Science & Society' started by Zero, Jun 24, 2002.

1. harrykarry Registered Senior Member

actually, this whole sciforums stinks with intellectualism. i never met so many know-it-alls in my whole life...

sorry... i know that's harsh.:bugeye:

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

harrykarry, I have never felt a need for god, and I have never heard a nowaday scientist say that "we know all the answers".
    Generally most are very amazed of what they migtht discover.

oh and the creatonsim theory even from its beginings is quite doubtful. I better "believe" in space aliens creating the first people than some misterious bored divine being
    why thank you

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

it is really nice to hear it. I'm proud...
    and about your negativism towards this fact -> this is SCIforums not RELIGforums (thank the holy quark it is not

)

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. harrykarry Registered Senior Member

avatar...i've never felt the need for science either. yet i'm as sure that it has benefited me as much as god has benefited you.

the one-sided manner that religion is attacked in this forum makes me feel like a german citizen during hitler's reign who dares to defend the jews. i can't help but defend the underdog knowing full well i'll get shot.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

I will make no amends for believing in science. Science shows step by step how we get to where we are. Each fact build upon the previous one. Supportable, tested, and verified. No imaginary being required. Religion on the other hand has little to dole out to say do this and this and this in that way and walla! you will get so and so. Come here, touch it, feel it, inspect it.

Somehow religion falls a bit short in that department.

No one has claimed to know all the answers. We learn as we go. There are many blind paths tried for each proven answer.

I do not accept the tag of "know-it-all". I do state what I think.

8. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

harrykarry

the one-sided manner that religion is attacked in this forum makes me feel like a german citizen during hitler's reign who dares to defend the jews.

Defending the Jews during Hitler's reign was a rational, brave and noble gesture. Big difference.

Defending religion is as irrational as the religion itself.

actually, this whole sciforums stinks with intellectualism. i never met so many know-it-alls in my whole life...

So sorry that our rational views conflict with your irrational views. Some of us must rely on reality in order for the irrational to continue to benefit from sciences contributions, ie. your computer and it's connection to the internet, for example.

You may now continue the religious fantasy already in progress.

9. Xev Registered Senior Member

harrykarry:
    "the one-sided manner that religion is attacked in this forum makes me feel like a german citizen during hitler's reign who dares to defend the jews."

I'd advise you not to use what my ancestors went through to inflate your already over-filled ego, bitch.

I'd expound more on why you are a sleazy protozoan, but you're not worth the ASCII.

10. kmguru Staff Member

Umm...Thank you. Now you do....and you are a part of it...if you want to....

I can defend religion too. In science, no one defends the 2000 year old idea that sun revolves around the earth or the earth is flat. But in religion they do defend similar thought processes that are not relevant today.

That does not mean, we can not create a decent framework knowing the limitations of humans and the need for emotions and such...but lets discuss for what it really is and not what it was 2000 years ago.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2002
  11. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

Xev is a jew!

from which country did your ancestors come?

12. Joeman Eviiiiiiiil Clown Registered Senior Member

I think if you can present better arguments, we know-it-alls wouldn't seem as rude to you

13. Xev Registered Senior Member

*Glares at Avatar*

Xev is an athiest, thank you very much.

Russia, more or less. Fled to Czeslovakia during the Revolution, then fled Czeslovakia (a few converts to Catholicism in order to get out, I'm not exactly sure how this worked), married into well-established American families - of English/Italian descent.

So while I may be quite divorced from my ancestry, I do get a tweee bit pissed by the likes of Harrykarry.

At least, this is as far back as I can trace my ancestry, going from family stories.

Joeman: Roosky=Russian.

I occasionally delete old posts when I'm really booooooored.

14. harrykarry Registered Senior Member

gee it sucks being a fundamentalist preacher's daughter and junior sciforum member with a major in art

but you know what those evolutionists say about inbreding so consider me outside dna.

15. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

Post by all means but on topic...

16. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

gee it sucks being a fundamentalist preacher's daughter

You could join the ranks of the rationale.

Criteria: Observe. Look for evidence. Use logic and reasoning. Apply critical thinking.

17. Xev Registered Senior Member

What's a female doing with a name like "harry"?

Oh well. Welcome to Sciforums.

I'll be nice now.

As the Q said, apply critical thinking, show evidence for your contentions, and you'll fit in just fine.

18. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

what were the url's of those two 3d art sites Xev? I can't relocate the thread you mentioned them.

19. Joeman Eviiiiiiiil Clown Registered Senior Member

Your theory of relativity example can not be experimentally proven but it has physics and mathematical basis. The same is with anti-matter. We haven't found it yet but we know it exists hypothetically. That is science.

Creationism doesn't have any kind of scientific basis whatsoever. Kmguru's innitial condition argument is as good of an argument you will ever hear about. If you ask creationists "Why is the universe 6 billion years old?" Their best counter argument is "because it is made old". It is a theory with no basis therefore I don't consider it a science. No science but just a theory.

20. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

21. harrykarry Registered Senior Member

what i "observed" were a lot of evolutionists patting each other on the back.

i also "observed" anger, smugness, and finally boredom. "where can i go to debate this..."

i observe that if i place myself in the underdog position (yes, i'm a german and yes my ancestry did get killed in the same consentration camps for helping the jews, but that's besides the point) then people get very offended and i'm not sure why? did i somehow play the race card unfairly? and i don't think i'm the only one generalizing the other "side" here.

i'm not so big on "evidence" because i'm running low on poroxide but i don't see anyone providing evidence that there isn't a supernatural entity or force out there occasionally interrupting or violating the observed regularities of nature.

all of those "gaps in knowledge" that evolutionists pooh pooh away as nothing....is that the evidence you are talking about?

logic and reason are over-rated because logic would tell me to quit pissing in the wind but i do it anyways and reason is just one of my ridiculous wanna bes.

if i apply critical thinking to this....i come up with something not very nice so i hesitate.... but what the hell... i come up with a bunch of athiests who have really bad relationships with their own father's and so attribute those same characteristics to god. my only evidence of that is all of the above and you're right, it's not scientific.

maybe i sound self-righteous. maybe i'm not playing by the science rules. i probably should have had a better science teacher!!!!!!!!!

22. kmguru Staff Member

You are doing fine....harrykarry

You need a cool picture avatar...go get it....

Welcome.....

Oh...the human traits...I can just visualize...harrykarry shows up in to the sciforum gathering...a bunch of members circle around her...sniff...sniff...check out the credentials...check out where to place her....

Humans have not changed in 5000 years....

Last edited: Jul 11, 2002
  23. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

i come up with a bunch of athiests who have really bad relationships with their own father's and so attribute those same characteristics to god.

I've never heard that one before. Rather Freudian with Jungian undertones.

gee it sucks being a fundamentalist preacher's daughter

You could just be yourself, rather then the daughter of a fundamentalist preacher.