Cow tipping

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Syzygys, May 17, 2007.

1. dixonmassey Valued Senior Member

But you are proud of you not having cow tipping abilities; since "culture", stuffed in your head by society, tells you that everything "country" is backward and you are a superior guy by the sheer act of birth elsewhere.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Genji Registered Senior Member

:crazy:

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Zardozi Isvara.... . 1S Evil_Lau Registered Senior Member

Why dont you try catching an ostrich? and leave my cows alone

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

They look too funny.

Slap a llama instead.

8. Oxygen One Hissy Kitty Registered Senior Member

Just make sure it's a real one and not a mannequin. It's not politic to slap the "dolly llama".

(Sorry, bad joke.)

9. phonetic stroking my banjo Registered Senior Member

Ostriches and horses are two animals I won't go near, for the same reason. They can both cripple you, well and proper.

I always thought cow tipping took 2 or 3 people. You and your pal(s) launch yourself at one side of the cow and give an almighty push. You'd need to catch it off guard, I suppose. Never seen it done.

I've seen sheep tipping, but that isn't so tricky. I didn't want ticks so stayed well back. Chasing sheep is more fun.

I'd love to own some fainting goats.

10. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

I am not surprized, this is a geek board with a bunch of city kids (and Max, the moron) who:

1. Never seen a live cow.
    2. Can't google "cow tipping".

It is hard, if not impossible because:

1. Cow has to be surprized in sleep, which is hard because:
    a/ They are herd animals.
    b/ They sleep mostly lying DOWN. (try tipping a cow on the ground idiots!)
    2. You need more than 1 people. (again, try to sneak up on a cow)
    3. A cow is heavy and you have to assume her legs stay rigid instead of just giving up and lying down.

So most likely you :

1. Can't sneak up on a sleeping, standing cow.
    2. You are not strong enough to do that.

I could be wrong, but so far nobody posted a video of cow tipping on the net. Except the funny ones.

Also please read the Straight Dope for answers in your life...

11. vslayer Registered Senior Member

i take it you've never seen a live cow either. its certainly not hard to catch cows off guard, since they have a 15 degree blindspott directly behind them. also, its quite possible to flip a cow while lying down, ive done it on more than one occasion(from their side onto their legs, but im sure it can be done the other way)

12. Oniw17 ascetic, sage, diogenes, bum? Valued Senior Member

Wasn't there some story bout an ancient greek strongman who killed a bull and carried it back over his shoulder or some such? Anyway, I've never been cow-tipping, because that's pretty lame imo.

13. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

Unfortunatelly for you, the title of the thread is cow TIPPING!!! :bugeye:

Try it! Report back how you succeeded. We want videoproof, of course...

P.S.: You might want to try only 1 cow and a deaf one, because the cow might not know about her blindspot...

Last edited: May 25, 2007
  14. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

The story was that a wrestler (I think) was training for the Olimpiad in such way, that he was lifting up a calf everday. Most likely not true, because the calf is putting on weight so fast, that after a few months he wouldn't be able to lift her....

15. Oxygen One Hissy Kitty Registered Senior Member

16. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

OK, I will give the necessary links, the definite word on the subject and we can end this thread:

There are 3 different and interesting threads on the topic here:

http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showthread.php?t=420958

If you are too lazy to do so, here is the deal:

Cow tipping is exactly the same as snipe hunting, wild goose chase, in short, a fool's errand.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snipe_hunting

When city people visit the countryside, the good ol' folks give them a task like "we will go out to hunt snipe or tip cows!", and the fool goes along the ride and left on the field wondering alone.

Neither task is impossible to do, but very, very hard (the word sniper comes from the bird snipe, a small, fast flying bird) and the whole point of the task is not actually doing it but getting the victim to the field,woods, where he/they can be left behind...

There you go...

P.S.: I offer $5000 for anybody showing a video of one person doing a cow tipping. $3000 extra if it is done in a herd....

P.S.S: Hell, let's make it a million....

17. vslayer Registered Senior Member

how old does the cow have to be? my pet cow is 6 months old and i can probably tip her. hell i used to lift her onto the quad with me when i needed to move her around the farm until she was about 2 months.

the herd i used to milk has quite a few full grown pet cows too, but unless they are asleep its gonna be pretty hard to sneak up on a normal cow.

18. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

19. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Two people can do it? Well, maybe we should host a cow tipping party, then....

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!