Court Rules Gore Film Biased

Discussion in 'Earth Science' started by madanthonywayne, Oct 3, 2007.

1. iceaura Valued Senior Member

When he recognized the potential of the military and scientific digital datalink, and was instrumental in getting Congress and the Feds to set up the internet for civilian non-academics to use.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

:roflmao:You mean, when he invented the internet?!:roflmao::roflmao:

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. iceaura Valued Senior Member

I think that's how the Rove-spin put it, for the dumbfucks dittoheads to mock.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

Oh no. I remember Gore himself said he took the initiative and created the internet. I just looked it up, he's the exact quote:
    "During my service in the United States Congress, I took the initiative in creating the Internet"​

Al Gore, in an interview with Wolf Blitzer on CNN on March 9, 1999.

8. Learned Hand Registered Senior Member

Yah, well, King George I once said, "read my lips, no new taxes." At least Gore can still walk the streets with some credibility. . .

9. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

Please. Every politician who says he won't raise taxes ends up lying about it. That's like lying about an outfit not making you wife look fat. But only Al Gore would claim to have invented the internet. That's in a class all by itself.

10. iceaura Valued Senior Member

And besides being out of context (the whole paragraph reads a little differently), and not containing the word "invent", the problem with that is what? I mean, he did actually take the initiative, in Congress, to write and get passed the legislation that created the internet as we know it today. He'd been involved with its precursors since the 1970s, and was the only member of Congress to recognise the significance of the matter early on. His contribution was crucial and definitive - without it, a much different internet or none at all.

So he has been right about something, yes? Even prescient, for a politician? Good. That was the point.
    Al Gore never claimed that he invented the internet. But that bit of Rove-spin was indeed very clever, because debunking it requires an appeal to nuance and implication and sensitivity to context and understanding in good faith, and Rove's target audience can be counted on to lack such elitist attributes.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2007
  11. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

If you say so.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

12. cat2only Registered Senior Member

13. matthyaouw Registered Senior Member

But he's not trying to sue... Where does it mention money?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

14. orcot Valued Senior Member

and this in a country where a teacher can loose it's job if he says that you chould not take the adam anc eva story literally
    No offence but the verdict has nothing to do with global warming yust to decredit Gore who by the way should have been president in 2000.

Annyway their is no deniing that gore is a dramaqueen who over uses the word "I" grosley in his movie(s)

15. guthrie paradox generator Registered Senior Member

The court could rule that Gore is a big smelly liar who is a lizard disguised as a human and eats babies for dinner, and it wouldn't affect the science one little bit.*

*You know, the science showing that we are responsible for most of the warming of the last 30 or 40 years and its only going to get hotter.

16. iceaura Valued Senior Member

Yep, I do. So do the various professional internet-involved organizations that have given him awards for that, and various other pioneers in the establishment of the Web who have written letters and articles to newspapers, complaining about the dittoheads on parade and their "invented the internet" BS.

Al Gore never said he invented the internet - not even if you say so.

And this is of a piece with the OP, which seems to imply that the Court involved ruled on the scientific aspects of Gore's film. It did not. it ruled on the political aspects, which featured quotes from Al Gore's enemies that made them look bad. These were held to be biased. So?

17. cat2only Registered Senior Member

18. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

Of course not. That would be too humble a statement for Al Gore. He didn't invent the internet, like some mortal man. He created the internet, like a god!

19. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Prove it.

20. Learned Hand Registered Senior Member

So? Bush created WMD out of thin air. Which is worse?

BTW, I created the color blue. Does that make me a god too??

21. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

No, but it means you, like Al Gore, believe yourself to have godlike powers.

22. iceaura Valued Senior Member

So why do you and your kind insist on attributing it to him ?

23. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

Um, because of this:
    "During my service in the United States Congress, I took the initiative in creating the Internet"​

Al Gore, in an interview with Wolf Blitzer on CNN on March 9, 1999.