couple of questions

Discussion in 'Chemistry' started by scifes, May 13, 2009.

1. scifes In withdrawal. Valued Senior Member

what are the conditions required to turn O2 or H2 from gas to solid or liquid?? and is it possible to solidify O2 to begin with?

what is the material next to uranium and the radiation bunch in the sense of ratio of size-wight to energy released upon ignition?

why are some fules used for explosions and others for propultion??

and why aren't fuel material detonated all once behind an airplane and the plane rides the shockwave?? by law of energy conservation it should work..(if the plane absorbed all the energy of course..

Last edited: May 13, 2009
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

A simple sure of the internet could tell you the temperatures and pressure required to liquefy and solidify hydrogen. I can tell you off and that is very fucking cold all below 50K but I don't remember any serious pressure conditions.

I assume you mean fission ignition, although uranium does burn, I would guess plutonium would be of equivalent or greater energy then U235, also try U238 and U233.

Depends on their speed of detonation and if they are monopropellents, fuels usually require air oxygen and usually make weak explosives limited to subsonic combustion, high explosives do not require air oxygen and explode supersonically.

Pules propulsion is inefficient unless the pulse is complete enclosed, the the blast waves are likely to require structural masses that too heavy to fly controllable, not to mention the sound and g forces on a person would be completely unacceptable. The closes thing to what your describing would be Project Orion and pulse ram jets. Pulse ram jets are a very small niche market and Project Orion like most space ship proposal never made if off the drawing board or past small model chemical explosive test of the principle.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.