Could the earth stop spinning one day??

Discussion in 'Astronomy, Exobiology, & Cosmology' started by Vega, Jul 14, 2006.

1. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Is this supposed to be an intelligent thread?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

No, seriously, the very first link you provided had proff against your own argument!!!!

What's the lesson? Read the link before posting!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Vega Banned Banned

TruthSeeker ,
    Nasa concluded to the fact that the event might not have been possible due to the lack of accurate historical dates of astronomical events to enable the calculation method to work!!
    Therfore it dismissed it as an urban legend. Its quite understandable that ancient time records are not as specific and accurate enough to calculate these senario's by today's methods. So THE LESSON here is that if something cannot be proved due to insufficent data doesn't mean that it's incorrect!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. cato less hate, more science Registered Senior Member

man, you guys were so trolled. I thought it was obvious that he was just picking a fight. you guys should have cought on faster =]

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. superluminal . Registered Senior Member

The lesson here should be a bit more obvious. Think about it.

8. superluminal . Registered Senior Member

MetaKrank is a complete idiot. Learn some highschool physics, then come back (that is if you make it through the first day of instruction. Be careful. There's gonna be BIG words! Like ENERGY, and ANGULAR MOMENTUM, and such).

BTW, there is no mechanism in the universe that can stop and restart the earths rotation in a single day. Did I mention that? A real scientist would have had his laugh, an be ignoring you right now. I however, enjoy taunting dipshits.

9. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

This is what I mean when I comment on where your head is at, Superluminal. You may have some book learning and you may have passed a few classes, but there are some basics about science that you don't understand. One of these is that scientific knowledge is not complete enough to support a statement like the one you made, that there cannot be a mechanism for stopping and restarting the Earth's rotation inside of a day. Another is that your verbal abuse, which you like to employ often, does not change that fact. The fact is that we don't know that there is no such mechanism. Calling me names doesn't change that. You rely on inaccurate sweeping declarations and namecalling, so it is obvious that you don't know what you are talking about.

10. superluminal . Registered Senior Member

No, you're an idiot. Science is by far complete enough to make that statement. If you knew any science we wouldn't be having this discussion.

A few? Some book... Hahaha! You have no idea.

Ah yes. The envy of the uneducated. Too bad. If only you knew that the fundamental laws of nature prohibit the complete stopping and starting of a rotational mass the size of the earth within a standard day (that is without turning it into a molten blob), you would be on your way to being less of a dipshit.

Why don't you bring up some actual physics that we can discuss regarding this? Every time I mention physics, you cower like a little girl. Pussy.

(you do realize that this is all any interaction with you will consist of, right?)

So piss off and leave me the fuck alone.

11. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

Superluminal, your manner suggests that you rely on name-calling a lot more than you rely on any actual use of the facts on hand, so what's the use? That's why you do it, after all.

Leave you alone? You can't stop yourself from getting into discussions where you start the name-calling.

12. superluminal . Registered Senior Member

What are you? A six year old? Grow up. You just can't stand the fact that I have education and knowledge and you don't. That I may actually understand something of the cosmos and you never will. That my studies allow me to explore and go places that you never can. I pity you my friend.

Are you looking at my post history? I wish you would. I actually have a personality that comes through, unlike the dullards and robots such as yourself.

You're also a liar. And if you persist in following me around, I'll trace your IP address, and hunt you down motherfucker. Get a fucking life you jealous bastard.

13. imaplanck. Banned Banned

It is called frustration. It is very difficult to be educated and know the irrationality of non-educated assumption and cliche, yet come up against a brick wall in communicating such.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2006
  14. superluminal . Registered Senior Member

I know sir planck. I've never used the ignore function until now. I'm done with the jackass.

15. imaplanck. Banned Banned

The problem with that is you can get called a chicken pleasuring fool after every post, but you dont know anything about it. I got that on another site.

16. superluminal . Registered Senior Member

LOL!

Yeah, but it may be the only way for me to keep my blood pressure under control.

17. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

There's nothing as simple and as efficient as simply ignoring...

18. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

Yes, I have been having a problem with his non-educated assumptions and poor communication skills.

19. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

I can only hope.

20. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

This is Metakron's Modus Operandi, of course.
    He pesters you until you blow up at him then he pretends some moral high ground and calls you a bully. It's pretty much the story of his life, apparently. Keeps him relevant to his own life, I guess. Marginally.

21. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Does this guy actually believe that the planet can simply stop moving for a day, just like that? :bugeye:

22. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

You and I both spend a lot of time blind to our own mistakes, Invert. I will admit that I am often not better than a lot of the jerks around here, but I am definitely not worse, either.

23. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Th urban legend states that this actually happened when it did not- that's why it is called "urban legend". Whether something in the universe can stop the planet for one day, as far as our knowledge goes, there is no evidence of such possibility. If you understand how the earth spins in the first place you might have a shot at it, but I doubt it...