Cost effective method for creating CO2?

Discussion in 'Chemistry' started by Giambattista, Apr 17, 2010.

1. Giambattista sssssssssssssssssssssssss sssss Valued Senior Member

Well, it's been awhile since I saw actual numbers on CO2's performance, but from my recollection, high levels of carbon dioxide is a little more than marginal in its effects.

Mmmm! Monsanto! Yummy!
    Joking aside, there are many varieties of plants, and it isn't always easy to get fast growing, or higher yield, and retaining other qualities. If you look at the amount of heirloom tomatoes, for example, there are dozens and dozens of different types, with different colors, flavours, yields, etc. You can't always get everything in one plant, you know!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. soullust Registered Senior Member

Talking about Tomatoes and shit, i call bull shit..lol

admit it your talking about some good old budd..

it's cool only silly people don't like the odd spliff

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Giambattista sssssssssssssssssssssssss sssss Valued Senior Member

F*** you, beeyatch!

Tomatoes are good. I don't like them raw, for the most part, but they're great nonetheless. Do you know how many varieties of tomatoes there really are?

About :m:

Used to be a huge fan. In the good ol' days.

Don't have any problem with it. I occasionally defend Cannabis in all its incarnations (recreational, medicinal, industrial) here on Sciforums.

I don't grow any, and I don't really smoke it anymore, but if it were truly legalized, you can bet your life's savings that I would grow some!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. TBodillia Registered Senior Member

You can buy a used 5lb CO2 tank, with a used regulator, for about $70 from homebrewing supply stores or a new tank & regulator for about $100. You can also check with industrial gas suppliers & businesses that refill fire extinguishers for new & used tanks+regulators. Both will also fill your tank.

Around here, a 5lb tank costs $7-10 to fill.

8. Stoniphi obscurely fossiliferous Valued Senior Member

I don't have any personal experience with added CO2, beyond what I exhale pretty much constantly and find tickling my nose when I suck down a LaBatts Blue.

My info on CO2 comes from a professional British cannabis grower I knew some time ago. He used cabinets, tried lots of different stuff to bump his yield, the CO2 turned out to be more hassle than it was worth in his estimation, as was lighting in excess of 100 Watts Per Square Foot.

Yeah, there are more types of Patio Princess Hybrids out there than you can shake a stick at. I have been wanting to have a go at them for some time now, but I need to clean up that part of the back yard first.

For the time being, I have a friend who owns a large farm and I render down pecks of his tomatoes in the fall instead.

9. Trippy ALEA IACTA EST Staff Member

That's nice.

I wasn't joking however.

And if I was being "all ttrippy" I wouldn't have said please now would I?