Cosmological Red Shift

Discussion in 'Astronomy, Exobiology, & Cosmology' started by The God, Apr 3, 2016.

1. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

No such word as pretentions, obviously you mean pretentious as I often say about you and which you are now parroting...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

And of course the mainstream science view and standards will continue to be parroted, as obviously it makes the most sense and is the most logical matching to the reality of the universe we see around us. A far call from your own dreams.

I can comfortably say that the trolls here are well known by all including the mods.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. expletives deleted Registered Senior Member

paddoboy:

With respect, I read The God's OP question and clarifications as to what he was curious to know; and read carefully the responses to his OP question about the "how" of cosmological (not doppler or motional type) redshift due to expanding spacetime 'stretching' of photon wavelength, and I detected no confusion on the part of The God or his OP. It was clear and straightforwardly put, and required a clear and straightforward answer on the aspect he asked information on.

I did however detect some confusion in responses to him which conflated the relative speed 'doppler' aspect with the 'non-doppler' expanding space aspect which theoretically is the only relevant aspect active in the claimed 'expanding spacetime' stretching process for photon wavelength.

So far I have no problem with The God's OP or his behavior or understanding in this case. It's the understanding of some of the responders which I feel was not up to scratch enough, hence why I began my post with that explanation to clear up the confusion of conflation which I saw in some responses. That is what I saw in the discussion in this thread. I can't say anything on The God's behavior or understandings in other threads. I hope none take offense at my honest appraisal of the facts as I saw them, regarding who seemed confused and who didn't in the exchanges so far.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2016
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Perhaps with all due respect, you didn't read his evasive replies quite as accurately as you assume.
    He was given many answers and links he was simply not willing to accept as it conflicts with his agenda: This can be seen to be far more obvious when taken in conjunction with his other two threads that seem to half claim some uncertainty in Olber's paradox [which isn't a paradox] and of course his SMBH's at the centers of galaxies which also he seems unable to accept without trying to confuse the issue with irrational assumptions.
    Our divine friend was the first to raise the Doppler effect.
    And again, as I showed in your previous post arguing this invalid point, there was no confusion other than with the divine one himself.
    Let me again re-enforce the fact that mainstream cosmology is not going to be rewritten or even corrected, by amateurs on a science forum.
    Your appraisal may be honest, but just as certainly they are wrong.......
    It is not everyone else including myself that is confused it is/was our divine friend, and that again is re-enforced by the everyone else, including myself, explaining the scenario to him as per the mainstream explanation.
    Worth considering that if our divine friend had anything of substance or of a concrete nature, he would not really be here: Common sense says he would be ignoring forums such as this that are not in anyway considered as academia, and would have written a paper for peer review.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. krash661 [MK6] transitioning scifi to reality Valued Senior Member

except the actual reality, apart from your own mental delusions, is that you are simply a pathetic, professional, mental malfunction-ist and nothing more-- which you endlessly make obvious with every single post you submit. also, the reality is that you have no such degrees in any kind of science nor mathematics except wiki, google, and YT university as you sit here and insult actual scientist, mathematicians, and science/mathematics in general--why?--simply because that you believe that you are some sort of genius, when the reality is you are simply a pathetic piss-ant that exposes himself as the massive pathetic joke you truly are.

(shakes head)--carry on.

8. The God Valued Senior Member

When did you last type something useful, something related to science ?

9. krash661 [MK6] transitioning scifi to reality Valued Senior Member

the exact post you just quoted. (shrugs)

--again, carry on
    (pssttt.. also, i actually have a career as a government theoretical scientist/mathematician, which i actually work on tier one-- but we already know that you are simply clueless as to what i am speaking of)

10. The God Valued Senior Member

Wrong..

But since you do not understand what the Doppler Effect is...
    If you knew you would have understood that it was incorrectly raised by Russ Watters when he unwitingly associated cosmological red shift with relative motion (Doppler Effect)....his song and dance after that was quite amusing...he even went on to say that both are in the same wiki link...not even a poor straw_man_argument..

11. The God Valued Senior Member

well, hmmm....it does not reflect from your posts that you have anything to do with theoretical science or maths......but you may be...

so let us say....How many prime numbers are there between 2 to 81 ?

12. krash661 [MK6] transitioning scifi to reality Valued Senior Member

comical-- so what?--what was this even suppose to mean?
    (psssstttt, i actually have a posting history that actually starts in 2012/13-ish)

comical-- your pathetic-ness is endless huh--no depletion there huh?

(shakes head)--carry on.

13. The God Valued Senior Member

You claim to be a government mathematician (as if non government mathematicians are any less), then why run away from a simple question ?

14. krash661 [MK6] transitioning scifi to reality Valued Senior Member

comical-- your pathetic-ness is endless huh--no depletion there huh?

(shakes head)--carry on.

are you not the one whom is endlessly insulting mainstream, and now you are supporting mainstream? do you not realize how you are endlessly initiating this?
    (pssttt, also tier one is above mainstream)

15. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

Why do you think that there is no mechanism?

Russ_Watters likes this.
  16. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Wrong, wrong, wrong my dear friend!
    I certainly do understand the Doppler effect, and I also understand that Doppler redshift and cosmological redshift, both achieve the same result, ie the stretching/lengthening of light waves albeit by different means: Dopple via the emitter and the source moving away from each other, and Cosmological via the expansion of intervening spacetime.
    That is what Russ said and that is what I said: no confusion, no porky pies as you so easily stoop to....The plain simple old truth of the matter.
    But obviously since you have once again been caught with your pants down, I expect you as usual, to dance around the issue and raise another red herring.
    That surely would really be amusing, if it wasn't so sad.

17. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Hmmm.......Like our divine friend, what you are saying/claiming is just not true.
    Of course the Cosmological redshift is explained! It achieves the same results as the Doppler effect but via different means....both achieve the stretching/lengthening of light waves.
    Why does this happen? Why did the BB bang? Why does gravity exhibit itself when spacetime is curved in the presence of matter?
    Those are questions yet to be answered: The point is though, they happen or have happened, and we are able to predict quite accurately as a result of those excellent models.
    I hope you don't think I am being presumptuous but I would if I were you, really start checking out the ludicrous claims and anti mainstream science stand that our divine friend constantly takes, supported by his own misinterpretations, agenda and porky pies.
    This is also reflected in his constant derision and unfounded baseless criticism of any poster that dares disagree with him, or question him as to his motives. He has that reputation and I'm sure if you did research his nonsense you would see that and modify your own stance, hopefully.

18. The God Valued Senior Member

Russel is struggling with some 0.57 figure, Krash is attempting to figure out some prime numbers.....Now I have a simple question for you, repeat only for you....if you answer that correctly then it will be confirmed that you do understand Doppler as being claimed by you, avoiding the answer will bring you back to zero..

So, you claim that you understand the doppler shift is due to relative motion......Now please tell me what is the relative speed between a photon travelling at c and an observer travelling at some speed v ?

19. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Yes, yes, yes certainly, the whole world is wrong except for you:

This forum awaits with utmost reverence at your next words of wisdom.

I claim what I always have claimed and what is recognised:

Of course the Cosmological redshift is explained! It achieves the same results as the Doppler effect but via different means....both achieve the stretching/lengthening of light waves.
    Does that bring me back to zero?

But like everyone else on the forum, we all await with reverential respect, for your next utterence that will surely be Nobel prize material.

tic mode most certainly on!

Oh, and I'll certainly wake up tomorrow morning and check out all reputable scientific outlets and see what you have been instrumental in changing.

20. The God Valued Senior Member

Paddoboy,

I don't want to waste the memory of this forum site, by taking your nonsense in quote.....You have avoided the answer, that proves you are babbling.

21. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Babbling??? You mean like in pretention??

But my friend, it is not me who has had threads shifted to pseudoscience is it?
    That's where the babblers are generally herded.

22. krash661 [MK6] transitioning scifi to reality Valued Senior Member

comical--you are truly a massive pathetic joke.
    (shakes head)--carry on with your self-delusions.
    again, comical-- let us do a roll-call on what you have avoided.

23. krash661 [MK6] transitioning scifi to reality Valued Senior Member

it is no where near of in the vicinity of " not being answered" by, simply, the fact that your mental disparity is hampering your comprehension-- noting more.

(shakes head)