copyright image theft (re. spuriousmonkey)

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by perplexity, Sep 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I hire assistants.

My whole lab uses this username.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

"fuck off, turd" is NOT ad hom.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. thedevilsreject Registered Senior Abuser Registered Senior Member

An ad hominem argument, also known as argumentum ad hominem (Latin, literally "argument against the person") involves replying to an argument or assertion by attacking the person presenting the argument or assertion rather than the argument itself.

from wiki

Last edited: Sep 20, 2006
  6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

But...but...I responded exactly in kind. It was an Ad Hom argument!

8. thedevilsreject Registered Senior Abuser Registered Senior Member

im not judging you, you are one of the nicer posters on this forum, i am not one of them

9. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Hmm I disagree (about you, I am one of the nicer posters).

In the interest of world (of sciforums) peace, let us agree to disagree.

10. thedevilsreject Registered Senior Abuser Registered Senior Member

maybe you should take a look at some of the posts i sent sderenzi's way

but still yes lets agree to disagree

11. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Having read some of sderenzi's posts I would judge your actions not guilty due to extreme provocation and logical abuse.

12. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

exactly so 'fuck off turd' is not ad hom.

It was in keeping with the gist of the point Red made. The point being to insult. Thus sam insulted. The reference to Turd did not attempt to reduce the validity of Reds point thus not ad hom.

Now if she'd said,

"fuck off, you have no opinion, because you are a turd'
    then that would have been ad hom.

13. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

ihaks tosi?

14. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

Do me

Excellant links. I think everyone should bookmark those and make "real life" their homepage.

15. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

Why? I go on the internet to escape real life. If not, I'd just walk out the door.

16. cole grey Hi Valued Senior Member

How about if I said,
    "It's cool, you have no opinion, although you are probably a nice person in real life, and you have many informed opinions about other things, some of them probably quite correct."

Never mind, you just go on TOR, you ARE informed, and you SHOULD express your opinion, very publicly and authoritatively...

17. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

Indeed I am and will as Do you

mr pot kettle black

18. cole grey Hi Valued Senior Member

Dear bright child of noble breeding, I have expressed no opinion here other than to say that unreliably informed involvement is invalid.

19. leopold Valued Senior Member

who cares what you think. water is a registered member of this board, she has a RIGHT to post in any thread she chooses.

20. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Kanteletar (Anne):

Like Ron, I must say that you seem to have a hard time differentiating among matters which are private and those which are appropriate for posting on public forums.

For the record, Ron's temporary banning was not at the behest of water. In fact, water has made determined efforts to stay away from this forum for a while. Ron was previously warned about his stalking behaviour, but he still doesn't seem to have got the message. And now, it seems, you are acting as his proxy.

I now ask you to cease and desist this roundabout harassment of water, or I will be forced to ban you as well. No member of sciforums deserves this kind of stalking attention.

Theoryofrelativity:

Please take note of this post, too.

21. Bells Staff Member

Seriously.. Ron.. Anne.. whoever you are... Leave the poor woman alone!

22. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

This isn't exactly much of an intelligent community right now, is it? The inability to "get" a message is a sure sign of either decline, or just plain idiodicy.

23. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

James ban me if you think its valid. I have asked you to delete me from existance, please feel free to do so at any time.

I did not approach water regarding this matter she approached me after I rightly asked why she assumed this argument about the avatar had anything to do with her.

If you can't see that she manipulated this entire situation (mainly in pm) so that it would revolve around her then you are very naive.

I will post the pm's I had from water to you, so you can see for yourself why I was so upset that she took it upon herself to betray a confidence from another member or NOT as the case may be. I replied to her publically as I don't like the nature of 'behind the back' slanderous comments and I did not request them. I can of course put her on ignore to ensure no more. Which I shall indeed do.

BUT do not even attempt to lump me in the same catagory as Ron.

You are correct no member deserves to be stalked. I actively discouraged Ron. Meanwhile Water invited this controversy by attributing a perfectly seperate argument to herself. Then proceeded with her Pm campaign.

You read the pm I had from water and then tell me if you think warning Kanteletar is justified. IT IS NOT. Kanteletar wants to know what water has been saying about her and her husband to the board members in pm behind their backs. I have not told them as I do not think it is appropriate.

But as ron and water were friends at some point and any confidence he shared with her should not be taken out of context and USED to facilitate her own agenda. It may not even be true. Ron cannot answer the allegation as he does not know what it is. Dispicable behaviour really and truely makes me sick to the pit of my stomach.

If you thinks it acceptable

Ban me. delete me.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.